PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   6.1 Battery Issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21544)

Maxx134 05-05-2008 12:37 AM

Re: 6.1 Battery Issue

With 6.1 you will notice Icon does not show that EVDO enabled.
Go to your Comm Manager.
Look for Data Connection button.
make shure it's off (not lit).

There you go, battery problem solved.

Edit: An example of when you would need to check it, is after you finish closing a web browser, as it stays enabled.

glitchbit 05-06-2008 01:44 AM

Oh Noooo! I am losing 3% battery life every hour!! (technically 3.125%)

Just to post back again my battery life is AWSOME. One day starting at 8am to 12pm kills 50% battery life on an old battery.

I listened to music 15 minutes to work, 15 minutes back, called a few numbers and talked probably 15-20 minutes, connected to the internet a few times for another 10 minutes. (I was lighter today than what I normally am but still!!!)

This is completely acceptable be to me.

Here is the registry info Unknown Zone posted for me and if you have 6.1 cooked you should not need to edit the registry.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...99&postcount=5

IF YOU HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING, BUT THIS TO INCREASE BATTERY LIFE THEN TRY THIS!!!

saqer 05-08-2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxx134 (Post 271713)
With 6.1 you will notice Icon does not show that EVDO enabled.
Go to your Comm Manager.
Look for Data Connection button.
make shure it's off (not lit).

There you go, battery problem solved.

Edit: An example of when you would need to check it, is after you finish closing a web browser, as it stays enabled.

yeah i think this is the big battery drain people are experiencing. I also found that simply pressing the 'end' button on the today screen will close the connection too.

After doing that AS trick I still notice it opens randomly. Any ideas why?

Psxmoe 05-08-2008 12:44 AM

I bought a Seidio 1500Mah Battery for $49.90 and the battery life is unbelvable! I highly recommend it.

violentz313 05-08-2008 01:06 AM

I finally solved the battery problem with my 6700 i sold it and got an htc touch!

Psxmoe 05-09-2008 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psxmoe (Post 275354)
I bought a Seidio 1500Mah Battery for $49.90 and the battery life is unbelvable! I highly recommend it.

And today while overclacking and texting like a maniac at 10 minutes worth of calling the battery life sucked hairy balls. WM 5 here i come

CopyCounsler 05-09-2008 11:27 AM

overclocking will drain your battery something horrible. There has been many threads about it and the direct effect on your battery.

Copy

glitchbit 05-09-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psxmoe (Post 276575)
And today while overclacking and texting like a maniac at 10 minutes worth of calling the battery life sucked hairy balls. WM 5 here i come

Overclocking the Apache is not a good idea and yes there are tons of threads about it. The phone ends up in a tug-a-war with the hardware and it zaps the battery quickly. The best idea I had read was to set it to overclock when they are using it but when they turn off their phone have it set to disable the overclock software then, otherwise your battery will drain even if you underclock it.

Also try disabling EVDO in the Phone settings under services and mode of operation if you want to extend battery life, particularly in nonEVDO areas.

delosky 05-09-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saqer (Post 275348)
yeah i think this is the big battery drain people are experiencing. I also found that simply pressing the 'end' button on the today screen will close the connection too.

After doing that AS trick I still notice it opens randomly. Any ideas why?

Could this be the issue? I've been experiencing horrible battery drains as well. With WM5 and even with 6.0, my battery would last at least late into the evening with moderate use but now, my battery doesn't even last past 6:00pm with hardly any use at all.

Disabling ActiveSync is a no-no for me since I need to check my emails regularly (currently every 10 minutes) and EVDO is widely available in Atlanta so I'd rather not disable it since I do enjoy my web surfing!

After reading this latest post though, I did notice that the Data Connection icon does stay on and instead of the Antennae icon above the signal bars, the left and right data arrows remain, whether I'm synching emails, connecting to the web or not.

Is there a registry tweak to change this? I'd rather not go through the build process again unless absolutely necessary.

CopyCounsler 05-10-2008 02:45 PM

this is because of the version of dialer you are using. switch to the first version vogue or default to see the icon "turn off" your data light to dim.

Copy