PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2008, 01:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic
Carrier: Sprint

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to strickly_ppc670
Thumbs down How to remove /FILTERFS

How do you remove the FILTERFS in WM6?
Also,after messing with the ROM for a bit,
I dont have the vibrate feature anymore..
Is there any cures?

Thanks
----------Priceless ----------
Old 01-04-2008, 04:20 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Based on your signature, you are using Rob's ROM? If so, you might want to post your question to his thread.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
gguruusa,

thanks for your response! I have posted it in the thread-
no response. I was hoping I could get to the bottom and
move on.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
As a matter of principle, I don't do support on distributed ROMs (I don't like guessing at what someone has built into their ROM). If you have this problem with Rob's rom and not with a stock rom, then the obvious conclusion is that it's something Rob has done. I suggest you trade up to the kitchen if you can't get support from Rob.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by strickly_ppc670 View Post
How do you remove the FILTERFS in WM6?
Also,after messing with the ROM for a bit,
I dont have the vibrate feature anymore..
Is there any cures?

Thanks
strickly,
Not sure if this will help you, but this post http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=141 shows a registry key to delete. (Found by doing an advanced search for "folderfs" and show posts, not threads. This is not difficult, and with your post count I would have expected that you had done it already. Your posts imply that you didn't.)

I'm skeptical whether the registry tweak can help you, though, since that key is normally installed as part of the kitchen with no ill effect. After "messing" with your rom and losing your vibration feature (on WM5 this was a result of killing your LEDs), you may be at the point of at least a hard reset and maybe a re-flash using the kitchen. Good luck, and please post back your experience. tmb
Old 01-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

gguruusa ,

I understand your stand on principle, and respect that.
I dont share the view that you have. I have no problems
helping out any one that can humble themselves on this
board and learn from those of you that are truly gifted and
talented.

TMB_XV6700 ,

Thanks for your response. I tried searching the fliterfs before with
no real results. After the hard reset the vibrate feature is back on
the phone. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Old 01-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

TMB_XV6700 ,

Doing what stroths suggested fixed the issue.

"There is also a FilterFS directory that will cause this problem. Only way I fouind to fix it was to delete the regkey HKLM\System\StorageManager\AutoLoad\FilterFSD and reboot."

Thanks again- the duplicated music was driving me nuts.

Hope this helps others

regards and no disrespect,
Old 01-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by strickly_ppc670 View Post
gguruusa ,

I understand your stand on principle, and respect that.
I dont share the view that you have. I have no problems
helping out any one that can humble themselves on this
board and learn from those of you that are truly gifted and
talented.
Heh - that's because you don't have the same constraints as I do. My choice is to answer questions or enhance the kitchen. Enhancing the kitchen helps everyone. Answering questions helps make the kitchen better indirectly, but answering questions about a 3rd party ROM with a broken feature (particularly one that isn't broken in the kitchen) really just detracts from my primary objective. Hence, I skip right over most questions about 3rd party rom problems.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well, I see your position.
I agree- It is better to return
information to those who are
making the kitchen more refined.
Unfortunately, I am one of those
who depend on others to produce a
ROM that I can use. Tried the kitchen
back in the WM5 days and after
several failed attempts- I have found
better luck with the pre-mades. Dont
hate me for my ignorance for I rep the
bulk of the people here.

I want to thank you for your contributions
and efforts in making this spin(WM6) one
of the best yet!
Old 01-05-2008, 03:06 AM
Deep Thinker

The majority of WM6 users are kitchen users. The kitchen has come a long, long way since WM5 days. Aside from people trying to put too much stuff in their ROM (which is handled much better than WM5 days, but there's still some room for improvement), it's hard to build a bad ROM. In fact, one of the goals of the new kitchen was to make distribution of ROMs obsolete - you can distribute an OEM pack and selections.txt file to accomplish the same thing, but with support for more devices and consuming less bandwith (not to mention fewer questionable licensing issues). Pre-made ROMs are going the way of the dinosaur.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development