PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 03:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon xv6700

otis4692 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tutorial to upgrade your ROM to WM6

i have just looked over all of this and i am excited as hell!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

This thread only applies to the original WM6 kitchen. It does not apply to WM6.1 or other current kitchens.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: utstarcom 6700

t1M0vkny is a n00b

i'm having trouble btw. the build of the ROM and getting the update utility going - it can't seem to see my phone. I have tried it both from bootloader mode (as the tutorial say I should) and in normal reset mode (as the update utility asks)...which one should it be? If I use the normal reset do I wait untill fully loaded before pluggin in the phone?

almost there, I can feel it...ha
Old 06-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1M0vkny View Post
i'm having trouble btw. the build of the ROM and getting the update utility going - it can't seem to see my phone. I have tried it both from bootloader mode (as the tutorial say I should) and in normal reset mode (as the update utility asks)...which one should it be? If I use the normal reset do I wait untill fully loaded before pluggin in the phone?

almost there, I can feel it...ha
Well this tutorial is outdated if you are trying to put 6.1 on your phone. But to answer you question we may need more info. Does your PC recognize you phone? Does it cause active sync to start on the PC when you hook your USB from your phone to your PC? Most of the time you can do either way. I could just hook my phone up and run the kitchen without putting phone into bootloader. Some people say they have to do it manual before hooking up phone. But one thing is certain your PC must recognize that your phone is hooked to it or you will go nowhere.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 08-05-2008, 02:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700,moto q ,samsung omnia
Carrier: Verizon

winstonwolf is just getting started

i used this tutorial a while ago ,im not sure if i posted a message on this thread allready ,but just incase i didnt , i want to sincerly thank you as well as everyone else who have helped me on this site ,this is excellent ...very clear and concise ..you provide complete instructions and everything that is needed ..ive pointed so many people to this thread and this site because of this post....g.a medic ...you my friend are the man =D> thanx again..
Old 08-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonwolf View Post
i used this tutorial a while ago ,im not sure if i posted a message on this thread allready ,but just incase i didnt , i want to sincerly thank you as well as everyone else who have helped me on this site ,this is excellent ...very clear and concise ..you provide complete instructions and everything that is needed ..ive pointed so many people to this thread and this site because of this post....g.a medic ...you my friend are the man =D> thanx again..
Thanks for your kind words. Glad I could help. For future reference to anyone viewing this thread I have an updated tutorial for the newest kitchen posted on the thred. Here is the link. I also have one specific for the Tian (6800) in my signature.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development