PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel PPC-6700, Blackberry 8830 WE
Carrier: Alltel (Because they RULE)

Psxmoe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Psxmoe
Re: Copyright notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
It's already being pursued.
Good! No one should profit off of someone elses hardwork.

(Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile and At&T SUCK!) Alltel RULES!!!!!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to weigh in that i actively report ebay users daily who are violating ebay's T&C for intellectual property.

I have even gone as far as to get ebay users to attempt to pay AC royalties for sales of his slide2unlock program.

Its been a while since i posted, been swamped with projects and travelling, but i take time daily to report users in violation.

Please understand it takes a bit for ebay to respond, in which time the user may have sold several items before their account is suspended.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

aerospaced is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to aerospaced Send a message via Skype™ to aerospaced

I am brand new to this site today, that being said, I've banged code for over twenty years. I have a handle on operating systems basic operation and house keeping. I LOVE LINUX! What is required to make a linux version???? I have not gone to the kitchen yet, between homework and work, I stay busy. Eventhough I walked saturday, I still have a couple of classes to finish up, but after then I'd be very interested in getting involved with creating a totally open source phone program based on linux. I do not have a clue on what all the team did to get these rom's ready, but I'd be happy to help after july 17th, 2008~ With linux, there is no question over ownership. I write linux for arm processors imbedded linux. I have no clue over the overhead of the phone, it would be nice though.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospaced View Post
I am brand new to this site today, that being said, I've banged code for over twenty years. I have a handle on operating systems basic operation and house keeping. I LOVE LINUX! What is required to make a linux version???? I have not gone to the kitchen yet, between homework and work, I stay busy. Eventhough I walked saturday, I still have a couple of classes to finish up, but after then I'd be very interested in getting involved with creating a totally open source phone program based on linux. I do not have a clue on what all the team did to get these rom's ready, but I'd be happy to help after july 17th, 2008~ With linux, there is no question over ownership. I write linux for arm processors imbedded linux. I have no clue over the overhead of the phone, it would be nice though.
This thread is dedicated to reporting and following up on folks who attempt to profit off of others intellectual property. Most commonly we see this on ebay with older equipment running newer custom built ROMs and custom developed apps which belong to a different developer.

In the case of AC with Slide2Unlock many people package his "iphone" style home screen unlocker with other software to build a Windows Mobile "iphone" interface and then sell it without paying royalties, licensing or even having the most basic permissions.

As for Linux....

I have owned several WM Ipaqs which we have successfully put Linux on. As you may know its all about the drivers and a free kernal of memory

I recommend you do a search for your linux topics and/or start a new thread to discuss. There may be other threads dedicated to your idea.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

I tried to sell my sd memory card on ebay and the ad was removed next day due to a bullsh!t report of somesort of wrongdoing. The report was extremely vague on reason and basically designed to thwart any relatiation.
I figured it was because i used a stock photo of the card (perhaps copyrighted) so i used a different pic... ad was removed again even faster than the first.
Makes no sense when these cards are sold there by the thousands, and I have great feedback ratings.
Anyhow, this was just to say that Ebay can respond fast, just depends on...something.
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

aerospaced is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to aerospaced Send a message via Skype™ to aerospaced

Sorry for taking it off topic.......
Old 08-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

So, sorry if this has already been gone over but I really didn't want to read through all the pages (I know, let the tar and feathering begin). So does this mean that when I move on to a new phone that I have to flash it back to the OEM ROM? I mean, I know MS could throw a tizzy since Sprint and/or UTSTarcom never paid for a 6.1 license for my device, but would the BuildOS team be pissed for spreading their work? If so, I understand, but I have put so much time into fine tuning my ROM that I think someone else deserves to have it when I am done. Ok, now i'm just rambling. My shift is almost over and its been a long day. lol
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================
Old 08-25-2008, 08:49 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu View Post
So, sorry if this has already been gone over but I really didn't want to read through all the pages (I know, let the tar and feathering begin). So does this mean that when I move on to a new phone that I have to flash it back to the OEM ROM? I mean, I know MS could throw a tizzy since Sprint and/or UTSTarcom never paid for a 6.1 license for my device, but would the BuildOS team be pissed for spreading their work? If so, I understand, but I have put so much time into fine tuning my ROM that I think someone else deserves to have it when I am done. Ok, now i'm just rambling. My shift is almost over and its been a long day. lol
It's in your best interest to put the OEM ROM back on your device for a few reasons.
1. Your provider could deny an exchange if it was for a claim that the device wasn't functioning correctly.
2. Your modified ROM might have some (personal) information embedded that you really don't want to share.
3. If the device is going to get refurbished, they're going to wipe it and reinstall an OEM ROM anyway (although I have heard of this not happening, and I once got a refurbished device that had the previous owners contacts & calendar still in it; he was a Sprint rep).
4. I don't think anyone is pissed for this getting spread around, but if your provider decided to make an issue of it for some reason, they might try to take some action against PPCGeeks. I can't imagine how this would play out, but why take the chance?

Old 08-25-2008, 09:01 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu View Post
Just depends on what your going to do w/ the phone. If your returning it, I'd suggest to returning it OEM
Old 08-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

Yeah, hands down I would go OEM ROM if I was dealing with the manufacturer, etc. I mean like if I wanna post my phone for sale on here or ebay, what have you, that I can leave my sweet *ss ROM on it. I'm really not worried about personal info, even with a stock ROM it leaves your NAM info and whatnot. If it really bugs me, I can manually remove the info.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development