PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4
Carrier: Sprint

daveedem is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotbotmosh View Post
Has any one had issues runing at 624? Also has anyone noticed a difference between 520 and 624?
I did notice some lockups at 624 so I reverted back to stock. I was using the latest WA3 at the time though. I just reverted back to the previous WA3 and am a little gunshy of overclocking but I may try it for the hell of it.

Latest kitchen, touch dial and hopefully not an overloaded ROM so i should be ok.

Did you get issues at 624?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveedem View Post
I did notice some lockups at 624 so I reverted back to stock. I was using the latest WA3 at the time though. I just reverted back to the previous WA3 and am a little gunshy of overclocking but I may try it for the hell of it.

Latest kitchen, touch dial and hopefully not an overloaded ROM so i should be ok.

Did you get issues at 624?
I haven't had the courage to move up to 624 yet...ha ha I was waiting to see if any one else did...did you notice a difference between 624 and 520?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: vzw

Zlog is a n00b
Not a single problem for me so far at 624.

for what its worth
Old 11-16-2007, 05:10 AM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
I've taken the cab from post #11 ( http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=11 ) and have added a shortcut for the application to the Programs menu. That way you don't have to go around hunting for the application (which is installed in \windows\performance.exe).

Code:
ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks.com/Apache/Users/ksg/

(filename: "HTC Performance (with shortcut).cab")
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
I added a shortcut to it in the startup menu (need to ok it durring soft reset each time). I've been running it constantly at 624 for about a week now - zero problems, and it is snappier, haven't done true testing, seems like more torque as opposed to more horsepower.

Torque is king in everyday life...

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 11-16-2007, 05:10 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
I added a shortcut to it in the startup menu (need to ok it durring soft reset each time). I've been running it constantly at 624 for about a week now - zero problems, and it is snappier, haven't done true testing, seems like more torque as opposed to more horsepower.

Torque is king in everyday life...
AFAIK you don't have to put a shortcut in your startup menu as it adds a registry value to make it start (hidden) on its own. Someone correct me if I'm wrong and I'll add that shortcut also to the cab I've modified.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

?GotJazz? is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Just stock WM6 stuff. Dunno why its so low WM5 was running in the low 30s.
OK, now I'm gettin' really pizzed!

I just built a "My cupboard is bare" Kitchen with nothing but the dotFred Registry Editor and acb PowerMeter.

I hard reset my XV6700, and after it booted up, the first thing I ran was acb PowerMeter. I let it run to idle (with backlight off), and I still saw my lowest draw at 47 mA.

What the heck did you do to get your power that low, schettj? Sneak a Zero-Point Module power source into your Apache while no one was looking?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention. - Scott Adams

¿GotJazz?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Fact or fiction... The cell phone uses more energy in a low signal area.

I don't entirely trust perception nor processor meter apps.... But I'll run at normal then at 620mhz and compare the amount of seconds it takes to launch TOMTOM as well as the amount of time it takes to calculate the directions from Atlanta to Miami.
Hard to beat a real-world test.
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.

Last edited by Raging Idiot; 11-17-2007 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:31 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?GotJazz? View Post
OK, now I'm gettin' really pizzed!

I just built a "My cupboard is bare" Kitchen with nothing but the dotFred Registry Editor and acb PowerMeter.

I hard reset my XV6700, and after it booted up, the first thing I ran was acb PowerMeter. I let it run to idle (with backlight off), and I still saw my lowest draw at 47 mA.

What the heck did you do to get your power that low, schettj? Sneak a Zero-Point Module power source into your Apache while no one was looking?
Yep, I am measuring the dead idle draw - CPU on, screen OFF (you can do that using any number of utilities) to get under 30ma. The 47 is typical (and good) for idle screen on, backlight off. Add those power mgmt reg tweaks and it should be in the low 30s. 10ma makes a difference over a whole day!

I can tell you one fact - forgot to put mine in flight mode @ the gym - a bunker of a place @ work with no signal - and in 1 hour of "searching..." it dropped 20%.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

sketchy09 is a n00b
Does anyone have more info about this app? I would be interested in running it on my brand-new Touch but am hesitant for obvious reasons. Maybe a link to the original app or description on the HTC site, or experiences on non-Apache devices? Thanx,

-R

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development