PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 01:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

dpdurst is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to dpdurst
Thanks, and sorry didn't pay attention to where this was posted.
SG288 Bluetooth LCD GPS
Old 11-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Lurker

MaryZ is a n00b
I used the solution to the Verizon 2.05 bootloader problem that was posted and it worked perfectly. Then used the new build os to make my rom. I tried multiple times to flash my phone and it kept giving me an error of "wrong model".. and I was using the correct Verizon file to encode. However after reading another post here, I then tried changing the ruu from "standard" to "no id" and it worked right off!.. Is this ok? or should it have worked with the other, meaning something went wrong when I reverted the bootloader?
P.S.
And by the way I am really jazzed about this..I just fell in love with my phone all over again! You guys are great to put this out here for those of us with little to no experience-My paypal will be on it's way soon.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

KidGixxer is keeping up the good workKidGixxer is keeping up the good work
The new buildOS Is kick ass. You guys totally rewrote the book on it.
I had a quick question though. Did you talk or think about maybe adding a little size meter of the oems Maybe on the option.xml? Or A little box that would keep increasing to let you know how big your kitchen is getting with a limit size? Like when you make a cd every time you add a track a Little less space is left.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:01 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
It's in the works.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: reliance

sunny1974 is a n00b
having trouble loading the rom.. it hangs on the 1st boot screen..
i cooked up 3 roms and all of them seem to give this problem.i decreased the files in each one thinking i had an overcooked rom but it still hung there.. the initial htc screen didnt even goto the wm green screen. while cooking i cudnt find the reliance prj file so i loaded it from my previous wm6 helmi rom.. i had loaded the same prj file for a wm6 verizonguys rc1 rom so i can confirm that its working.. had to go back to that rom again to keep me on a ph.. thankfully the older one loaded fine now.
the problem i had was that the htc64 tool ..i had used to cook previous rom on this comp and it gave the older places to copy and get the nbk and fat16 files. i cud get the fat16 file from the rom folder but where do i save it .please specify the path as the tool doesnt remember anything. i even had to name the file as nk.nbf. as the name was also default.. however it encoded successfully but the buildOS tool gave an final error as nk.nbf file not found. then i manually placed the nk.nbf file which it saved to the noid ruu folder and ran the application . it loaded my rom till 100 pc and asked me to hard reset .but on hard resettign apart from the 1st screen with htc logo and the build and valus given nothing happened. tried soft resetting hard restting and all. but it wud alway give the same .. waited for sum time took out the battery n all but no avail.
please if u cud also load the reliance prj file which is missing in the tools folder. i have that working file but dont know where to upload it .
thanks ..
Old 11-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
having trouble loading the rom.. it hangs on the 1st boot screen..
i cooked up 3 roms and all of them seem to give this problem.i decreased the files in each one thinking i had an overcooked rom but it still hung there.. the initial htc screen didnt even goto the wm green screen. while cooking i cudnt find the reliance prj file so i loaded it from my previous wm6 helmi rom.. i had loaded the same prj file for a wm6 verizonguys rc1 rom so i can confirm that its working.. had to go back to that rom again to keep me on a ph.. thankfully the older one loaded fine now.
the problem i had was that the htc64 tool ..i had used to cook previous rom on this comp and it gave the older places to copy and get the nbk and fat16 files. i cud get the fat16 file from the rom folder but where do i save it .please specify the path as the tool doesnt remember anything. i even had to name the file as nk.nbf. as the name was also default.. however it encoded successfully but the buildOS tool gave an final error as nk.nbf file not found. then i manually placed the nk.nbf file which it saved to the noid ruu folder and ran the application . it loaded my rom till 100 pc and asked me to hard reset .but on hard resettign apart from the 1st screen with htc logo and the build and valus given nothing happened. tried soft resetting hard restting and all. but it wud alway give the same .. waited for sum time took out the battery n all but no avail.
please if u cud also load the reliance prj file which is missing in the tools folder. i have that working file but dont know where to upload it .
thanks ..
You are getting the file not found _because_ you are using a .prj from a different project. Edit your .prj (using htc64_encoder) to put the .nbf in the new kitchen's temp folder, save, and then you should be fine. You can upload you reliance .prj file here, just attach it to a post.

Sounds like you have a kitchen incompatiblity issue. Try building with the default selections, verify that works, add your carrier, verify that works, then slowly add your other stuff in. If you haven't added any OEMs (other than PPCGeeks_OEM), attach your selections.txt file ("apache_helmi_wm6 selections.txt", unless you've made a new file) to a post and I'll try to replicate your issue.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:04 PM
N00b

rspppcgeeks is a n00b
Yep - that's the way it works after doing the 2.05->2.02 bootloader downgrade. You have to just keep using the NoID RUU. At least that's what I was told.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:15 PM
N00b

rspppcgeeks is a n00b
I just got an unhandled exception from BuildOS. Very reproducible.

Start the app and rightclicked on the BlueFrog BigButton dialer and asked to visit the homepage. That resulted in the popup. The exception text is attached...
Attached Files
File Type: txt visit-homepage-exception.txt (4.6 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspppcgeeks View Post
I just got an unhandled exception from BuildOS. Very reproducible.

Start the app and rightclicked on the BlueFrog BigButton dialer and asked to visit the homepage. That resulted in the popup. The exception text is attached...
Nice find! That one's actually my fault I think... I inadvertently put a space in the URL field right before the http: and BuildOS didn't like it.

Maybe gguru will decide to account for that case in BuildOS, but fact is that space had no business in a URL field!

In the meantime if you get that exception you can click Continue and proceed just fine. And if you want to read about BlueFrog here's the link:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...heme-here.html
Old 11-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
FYI I will be moving all kitchen-related bug posts to the appropriate thread (stickied at the top of this forum).

This thread is for problems with BuildOS only (i.e. the application you use to make the kitchen), not problems with the kitchen itself.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development