PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   New BuildOS - Report Bugs Here (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11075)

GaMedic 12-03-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBadass (Post 135020)
Yeah, I JUST downloaded this thing today and it's the first time it's been on this computer so I know it's not an old version.

I moved the Verizon.prj file to the TOOLS directory and that solved my problem.

If you doubt me then download the EXE on that page and take a look for yourself

Glad it worked for you. Hope you enjoy WM6.

luv2chill 12-03-2007 09:32 PM

You're supposed to select your carrier at the top of the buildos screen (next to where you pick splash screens, etc.) When you do that the ROM is encoded automatically without needing the HTC64 tool nor the prj files (which were moved into that directory on purpose because they're no longer necessary).

Am I to understand that you guys are choosing your carrier in the toolbar and that when you click play the HTC64 tool still comes up?

gguruusa 12-03-2007 09:43 PM

Did you select a carrier on the toolbar? .prj files are not needed at all with the official kitchen if you selected a carrier in the toolbar.

The current version of BuildOS is in the stickied BuildOS bug thread, post #1. Extract BuildOS.exe from the .zip in that post to {install dir}\BuildOS\BuildOS.exe.

luv2chill 12-03-2007 09:53 PM

Ah OK now I understand--I didn't actually know that HTC64 was still called if a carrier wasn't chosen from the list. When the prj files got moved a folder-level deeper the paths embedded within them were no longer correct.

So yes if for some reason you can't choose your carrier from the drop-down list in the BuildOS toolbar then you will need to copy your prj file into the \Tools subdirectory of BuildOS.

The next release of the kitchen will have that corrected. Sorry for the inconvenience.

gguruusa 12-03-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2chill (Post 135093)
So yes if for some reason you can't choose your carrier from the drop-down list in the BuildOS toolbar ...

If you can't pick your carrier from the drop-down list, please let us know.

McBadass 12-04-2007 02:11 AM

I selected my carrier from the selection within BuildOS. I don't know if im supposed to select it somewhere else as well but it at least its working now.

Edit: I found the drop-down list. I must have missed it. Sorry for all the confusion :)

gguruusa 12-04-2007 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBadass (Post 135217)
I selected my carrier from the selection within BuildOS. I don't know if im supposed to select it somewhere else as well but it at least its working now.

Edit: I found the drop-down list. I must have missed it. Sorry for all the confusion :)

You need to select it in the oem list Carrier section as well.

crack 12-04-2007 05:23 PM

hi,
i am sorry if this is not in the appropriate thread but i upgraded to the new kithen with the 071107
was going to download the BuildOS in post #1 and extract BuildOS.exe from the .zip in that post to \BuildOS\BuildOS.exe but just wanted to make sure it was the updated one.
is this the 07200y oem?? maybe i just don't know if the buildOS and the oem means the same thing. sorry am new at this
thanx

GaMedic 12-04-2007 06:05 PM

The first page of the thread has the updated version.

Perasite 12-04-2007 06:15 PM

BuildOS and OEM are not the same. BuildOS is the program interface you use to create your ROM. An OEM is a folder containing everything one would need to build a certain program into your ROM. Download the PPC-BuildOS.zip from the first post of this thread and extract it to C:\BuildOS\BuildOS, replacing the file that is there.

I believe I read another thread where you asked how to fix the HTC Home plugin's weather so it would update. To do that go here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...68&postcount=8
Download HTC Home 2.1.1005.722.zip and extract it to C:\BuildOS\User_OEM

Now when you run the BuildOS application, using the shortcut on your desktop, you can select the new HTC Home by Luv2Chill. Be sure to uncheck the old HTC Home.

Good luck.

ramborami 12-05-2007 05:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I used the program several times successfully when Flashing the ROM, now I'm receiving ERROR:116 GENERAL ERROR

I'm using Helmi'c latest ROMs.
I've tried building all sorts of combinations of Apps. It builds the ROM fine but when it goes to upload to the PDA... it errors out. Tried it from 2 different computers.
I've attached a screenshot.
Any ideas?

gguruusa 12-05-2007 10:45 AM

Ouch. You're getting that after the update progress bars are showing? Reboot your computer and try again, and be sure the phone is in bootloader mode before you connect the usb cable. If it still gives you that problem, you need to pay a visit to your local carrier.

luv2chill 12-05-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramborami (Post 136100)
I used the program several times successfully when Flashing the ROM, now I'm receiving ERROR:116 GENERAL ERROR

I've tried building all sorts of combinations of Apps. It builds the ROM fine but when it goes to upload to the PDA... it errors out. Tried it from 2 different computers.
Any ideas?

Download the stock ROM from UTStarcom/your carrier's site and try to flash that over. If you get the same error then you have a hardware issue with the PPC or the PC you're trying to flash from.

If the carrier ROM works, then report back here your carrier, bootloader version and attach a copy of your selections.txt file from BuildOS.

luv2chill 12-05-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramborami (Post 136100)

Any ideas?

Download the stock ROM from UTStarcom/your carrier's site and try to flash that over. If you get the same error then you have a hardware issue with the PPC or the PC you're trying to flash from.

If the carrier ROM works, then report back here your carrier, bootloader version and attach a copy of your selections.txt file from BuildOS.

ramborami 12-05-2007 03:15 PM

Thanks for the suggestions!
I flashed successfully using the newest ROM at least 4 times last week.
So its just now that I'm having the problem. Bootloader attempts to flash but fails right away, so a soft-reboot puts the phone back into its last state (thank god its not bricked!). I would like to note that I upgraded the Radio from 1.10 to 1.41 two days ago & did a soft-reset only.

I will reboot both of my computers and try to flash with minimum selections, if it still fails, I will try to flash the stock Verizon ROM. I will report back here with what I find out.

gguruusa 12-05-2007 04:11 PM

What bootloader do you have?

ramborami 12-06-2007 01:35 AM

I have BL 2.02..

UPDATE: Got it to work by Rebooting my PC, deleting the Kitchen, then downloading it over again from scratch.

It seems like a windows process was stuck with a file in the Kitchen's Temp folder and was not able to delete until I rebooted my PC. It was a challenge rebooting the PC as well, it would not reboot properly until I "faked" a DCOM error which prompted an automatic Windows Reboot

Thanks for the help guys! :)

gguruusa 12-06-2007 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramborami (Post 136905)
I have BL 2.02..

UPDATE: Got it to work by Rebooting my PC, deleting the Kitchen, then downloading it over again from scratch.

It seems like a windows process was stuck with a file in the Kitchen's Temp folder and was not able to delete until I rebooted my PC. It was a challenge rebooting the PC as well, it would not reboot properly until I "faked" a DCOM error which prompted an automatic Windows Reboot

If it happens again, rebooting alone should suffice. Also, you can hold the power button in for 5 secs to force an immediate power off.

lennysh 12-06-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramborami (Post 136905)
I have BL 2.02..

This has happened to me a couple of times while testing out my Axim X51v kitchen. I have this program that I installed a long time ago called Unlocker. It's a new option on the right click menu when u click a file. It allows you to delete/rename/move any file that you cannot do using the normal method becuz of it being in use. It has really been an awesome help to me more than once. It basically releases it from whatever is holding it, allowing you do do what you wish with it. If I can find it, I'll try to post a link to it....

GaMedic 12-08-2007 12:39 PM

Erro building default hv

2 Attachment(s)
I have an error during build. Here is a screensot and last few lines of log.

lennysh 12-08-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ga. Medic (Post 138615)
I have an error during build. Here is a screensot and last few lines of log.

importing registry file ".\Registry\e54c0e41-3f65-4d9f-b104-4245cc434a86.rgu"...
Failed to parse value name HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds!!!
InitRegistry FAILED in file ".\Registry\e54c0e41-3f65-4d9f-b104-4245cc434a86.rgu" within a few lines of line 11.
ImportFromPackageListStrict: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed importing ".\Registry\e54c0e41-3f65-4d9f-b104-4245cc434a86.rgu"

Search for the file, e54c0e41-3f65-4d9f-b104-4245cc434a86.rgu and attach to another post. There is an error in that file...

GaMedic 12-08-2007 12:54 PM

Evidently it was a problem with my additional ringtones. Extra comma. Fixed that and it builds.

cypherkin 12-09-2007 10:30 PM

this is not a big but a feature request??

I have never used any sort of software like this, and am very much a n00bie :) !! So if the question seems obvious or stupid - please don't be harsh...

Basically, I just downloaded the BuildOS and tried to create my own ROM. After select a few (read as:: ALOT) choices, I went on to click on Create Rom. Of course when it was building, the program stopped as it realized that the size was larger than the max allowed ROM size.

I was thinking - wouldn't it make be helpful if there was a size next to each "selection" and also have a memory at the bottom that shows how much we have used and how much is left - some sort of BAR that displays this would be easiest to read. Just an idea that I am throwing out !!

**In case someone already mentioned this and I guess I must have somehow missed it; I apologize and I second his/her notion :).

gguruusa 12-09-2007 11:07 PM

Yes, that would definitely be helpful.

lennysh 12-10-2007 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cypherkin (Post 139458)
this is not a big but a feature request??

I have never used any sort of software like this, and am very much a n00bie :) !! So if the question seems obvious or stupid - please don't be harsh...

Basically, I just downloaded the BuildOS and tried to create my own ROM. After select a few (read as:: ALOT) choices, I went on to click on Create Rom. Of course when it was building, the program stopped as it realized that the size was larger than the max allowed ROM size.

I was thinking - wouldn't it make be helpful if there was a size next to each "selection" and also have a memory at the bottom that shows how much we have used and how much is left - some sort of BAR that displays this would be easiest to read. Just an idea that I am throwing out !!

**In case someone already mentioned this and I guess I must have somehow missed it; I apologize and I second his/her notion :).

lol... This was mentioned well before even the public release. But yes, great Idea! Still waiting GGuruUSA :P

Perasite 12-10-2007 11:33 AM

Yeah, gguruusa, what's the hold up?!?!? :P

gguruusa 12-10-2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6700Yuma (Post 139726)
Yeah, gguruusa, what's the hold up?!?!? :P

Sleep, Work, Court, Kids, Holidays, and other projects.

Actually, I got started on it and then decided I wanted to do it right instead of just wedge it in. It's a fairly significant structural change.

cypherkin 12-10-2007 12:35 PM

gguruusa:: thanks for the hardwork mate; and looking for new update of your software - whenever it comes out ;). no rush - we all have our NORMAL everyday lives!!

lennysh 12-10-2007 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cypherkin (Post 139766)
gguruusa:: thanks for the hardwork mate; and looking for new update of your software - whenever it comes out ;). no rush - we all have our NORMAL everyday lives!!

Define NORMAL....

lol

gguruusa 12-10-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lennysh (Post 139768)
Define NORMAL....

Normal = not lennySh

zenak 12-12-2007 10:38 AM

I doubt this is a bug, but this seems like the best place to ask: I have a few optional OEMs that allow for pre-install customizations by editing the RGU file. Whenever I modify this file I get an error. If I restore the file back to it's original state the error continues. The only way I have found to do a successful compile after the modification is to re copy the original rgu file.
Code:

importing registry file ".\Registry\166779e0-ca01-4aea-bb21-d72b93a86e0a.rgu"...
InitRegistry FAILED in file ".\Registry\166779e0-ca01-4aea-bb21-d72b93a86e0a.rgu" within a few lines of line 1.
ImportFromPackageListStrict: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed importing ".\Registry\166779e0-ca01-4aea-bb21-d72b93a86e0a.rgu"
wmain: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed building DEFAULT hives

Is this normal? Am I missing something simple?

This is from the Arcsoft MMS 4.2.8.1 - I was trying to add my phone # to the registry... The same thing seems to happen when I try to set the left soft key to MMS in that rgu file. Am I doing something wrong?

lennysh 12-12-2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenak (Post 141074)
I doubt this is a bug, but this seems like the best place to ask: I have a few optional OEMs that allow for pre-install customizations by editing the RGU file. Whenever I modify this file I get an error. If I restore the file back to it's original state the error continues. The only way I have found to do a successful compile after the modification is to re copy the original rgu file.
Code:

importing registry file ".\Registry\166779e0-ca01-4aea-bb21-d72b93a86e0a.rgu"...
InitRegistry FAILED in file ".\Registry\166779e0-ca01-4aea-bb21-d72b93a86e0a.rgu" within a few lines of line 1.
ImportFromPackageListStrict: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed importing ".\Registry\166779e0-ca01-4aea-bb21-d72b93a86e0a.rgu"
wmain: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed building DEFAULT hives

Is this normal? Am I missing something simple?

This is from the Arcsoft MMS 4.2.8.1 - I was trying to add my phone # to the registry... The same thing seems to happen when I try to set the left soft key to MMS in that rgu file. Am I doing something wrong?

Well, I don't know what the problem with that is unless I can see the actual RGU. But I do know for a fact that any version of ArcsoftMMS above the version in the kitchen is for GSM devices only, and none of them will work on a CDMA phone. I you look in the MMS oem in kitchen, you'll see file or two with CDMA in it. If you look in that OEM, you'll see files with GSM in it.

So, if ur using a CDMA device, it's a no go anyway. It just simply will not send a picture message. Kitchen version is the newest CDMA version out.

gguruusa 12-12-2007 10:49 AM

Check your file size before any modification, and after modification. If it dropped roughly in half, it's because you didn't save it in unicode format (I'd like to know if this is the case, because BuildOS should be forcing it to unicode regardless of how you saved it).

Another possibility is that the last line of the rgu immediately prior is borked. BuildOS should be forcing an extra line on the end of the .rgu to avoid this issue.

lennysh 12-12-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 141081)
Another possibility is that the last line of the rgu immediately prior is borked. BuildOS should be forcing an extra line on the end of the .rgu to avoid this issue.

But it say's within a few lines of 1.... Either way, waste of time if it's a cdma device...

zenak 12-12-2007 11:40 AM

Lenny - I got the 4.2 version here for Verizon: http://imnuts.hostedwith.us/?page_id=3 my only modification of that file was to add my number to the X-VzW-MDN key.

I'm using textpad to modify the rgu file and there doesn't seem to be a change in size - I've also tried notepad. Is there another app I should be using instead? Maybe that is the issue after all....

Perasite 12-12-2007 12:08 PM

Zip and attach the RGU to your post for us to take a look at.

lennysh 12-12-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenak (Post 141105)
Lenny - I got the 4.2 version here for Verizon: http://imnuts.hostedwith.us/?page_id=3 my only modification of that file was to add my number to the X-VzW-MDN key.

I'm using textpad to modify the rgu file and there doesn't seem to be a change in size - I've also tried notepad. Is there another app I should be using instead? Maybe that is the issue after all....

Honestly, I've never had to modify this string cuz the program itself has alway's written this string in for me. Most of the time, that string didn't exist at all in the RGU. And the program would add it on first boot. But seriously, this has been tested on several providers including Verizon, and does not send a MMS message at all on any of them. It will only receive. And yes I know Verizon is partial GSM or whatever. But to my knowledge, it just want send.

FastRX8 12-12-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenak (Post 141105)

You're using the same Arcsoft MMS file I use. I downloaded the file from that site and added my number to the RGU file. I didn't have any issues building a ROM w/ it.
The directions on that site say to look for "1234567890" it actually should say "0123456789" because that's what's in the RGU file.
I used a program called Notepad2 to edit the file. http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html
It's a much better alternative to Notepad.
I have no issues sending MMS on my XV6700.

lennysh 12-12-2007 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastRX8 (Post 141152)
I have no issues sending MMS on my XV6700.

Well damn... maybe it was 4.0 we tested on Verizon that didn't work... I dunno.. Anyway, Prob easier to install a reg editor, and make the change after you flash... But like I said before, I've always deleted that entry, and the program wrote a new one on first boot. That made it a universal OEM. If you notice, we didn't ask ppl to edit the one that is in the kitchen now. It does that edit for you automatically as well... On first boot... Same string...

FastRX8 12-12-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lennysh (Post 141138)
Honestly, I've never had to modify this string cuz the program itself has alway's written this string in for me. Most of the time, that string didn't exist at all in the RGU. And the program would add it on first boot. But seriously, this has been tested on several providers including Verizon, and does not send a MMS message at all on any of them. It will only receive. And yes I know Verizon is partial GSM or whatever. But to my knowledge, it just want send.

Just saw your post. I believe I can receive MMS w/o any issues. I just sent a video MMS to myself, and received it no problem.
I don't have anyone else I can bug to send my a MMS message right now, but I assume that sending it to myself is enough. It actually goes through the process of sending, and then a message pops up that says receiving, and then another message when it's done dl'ing that I've received a new MMS message.
If someone else would like to test this, I can pm you my number and we can see if in fact it will receive mms from someone else.

BTW - This is the 2nd Arcsoft file that I have tried that fully works on Verizon in WM6.