PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   New BuildOS - Report Bugs Here (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11075)

luv2chill 11-05-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toviaheli (Post 114538)
I don't get this one. Tried building using the new kitchen, buildOS gives me this error message every time, no matter how lean or full I pack the ROM. This started from the first attempt with an absolute basic ROM, "nk.nbf not found"

I take it this is a reference to one of the startup splash screens?

Extremely common error. You did not select the prj file from the proper folder during the encoding step. Unfortunately the HTC64 tool memorizes the last kitchen folder you were in, so when you chose the prj for you carrier it was from another kitchen folder. You should make it a habit to back out to C: and then purposely drill back down to the correct folder (in this case it would be C:\BuildOS\Tools unless you modified that path during install).

That will solve your problem.

toviaheli 11-05-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2chill (Post 114577)
Extremely common error. You did not select the prj file from the proper folder during the encoding step. Unfortunately the HTC64 tool memorizes the last kitchen folder you were in, so when you chose the prj for you carrier it was from another kitchen folder. You should make it a habit to back out to C: and then purposely drill back down to the correct folder (in this case it would be C:\BuildOS\Tools unless you modified that path during install).

That will solve your problem.

LOL. Duh! You think after flashing a few hundred ROM's I'd remember that!
Thanks luv2chill

-TOV

kevdawg 11-05-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 114049)
3. Invalid format error when trying to start application on x64 OS. Not sure you can flash from an x64 OS even if it does run, but i'll try to resolve the Invalid format problem.

I dont know if the tools have changed drastically since the old kitchen but with the older tools we have always been able to use x64 OSes (Vista and XP) to flash the ROMs.

gguruusa 11-05-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevdawg (Post 114621)
I dont know if the tools have changed drastically since the old kitchen but with the older tools we have always been able to use x64 OSes (Vista and XP) to flash the ROMs.

Really? I'll remove that then. The tools have changed substantially, however. Please see me in the chat room - I need you to test a few things so I can narrow the problem down.

kyppcgeek 11-05-2007 07:56 PM

Here is Builders' Base BuildOS config.

1 Attachment(s)
this has the bare minumum necessary for a good kitchen install with apps you will need. see the attached file.:headbang:

U just need to change your .prj file.

phoenx06 11-05-2007 08:10 PM

Me and GGuruUSA are working on the 64 bit OS problem

gguruusa 11-05-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyppcgeek (Post 114633)
this has the bare minumum necessary for a good kitchen install with apps you will need. see the attached file.:headbang:

U just need to change your .prj file.

Can you upload the config that leads to white screen for me, please?

imnuts 11-06-2007 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 114629)
Really? I'll remove that then. The tools have changed substantially, however. Please see me in the chat room - I need you to test a few things so I can narrow the problem down.

Yeah, I haven't had any issues to date on Vista x64, not even connection problems that require new drivers or the change in the connection settings in WMDC. Hopefully you can get this resolved then, it would be much appreciated.

dpdurst 11-06-2007 01:15 AM

Changing network service locks up phone

I'm not sure this is a bug, but did not notice this till the new kitchen build. If I go into the phone, options, services and then network service and change the setting from EVDO to 1x or the other setting or just go in there and do nothing but say ok, it resets the phone. If I have one of the task managers on the top bar (HTC) then it locks up the device. I have to either hard reset it and then remove the task manager and put it back or leave it off. If I do remove it and put it back its fine after this and no longer locks up

gbm85 11-06-2007 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpdurst (Post 114875)
I'm not sure this is a bug, ... no longer locks up

This thread is for bugs with BuildOS, not with the kitchen itself. But to answer your question, that has happened with every ROM as far as I know. Simple solution: don't open that panel unless you plan to change the mode :)