PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) - UPDATED 20071217 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11074)

angel12 11-05-2007 09:00 PM

props guys. amazing job on the new buildos, this is what we were planning a long time ago, back when aku 3.3 came out, and now its all come together, bigger and badder than before! thanks!

now to start hacking my way around it

rodmann98 11-05-2007 09:04 PM

I am speechless. All of you that worked on this kitchen did an unbelievable job. This was definitely worth the wait. I have been through many different roms on my apache, and I am completely speechless. The whole package is unbelievable.

Thankyou

ggaeta 11-05-2007 09:11 PM

How do you add to the OEM list? I would like to add some of my own collection of CABs. Is there a way to do that?

gguruusa 11-05-2007 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggaeta (Post 114688)
How do you add to the OEM list? I would like to add some of my own collection of CABs. Is there a way to do that?

You'll have to convert them to OEMs first, then put the OEMs in the USER_OEM folder. Conversion to OEM is not always easy. There is a writeup on how to do it by JBabey.

dpdurst 11-05-2007 09:31 PM

Going to attempt my first try at this and have a few questions, I have made a dry run to see how this works however the following questions I have before I commit.

1. everything across the top I have for apache, wm6, standard, htc.nb for the splash screen (I think this is ok running Verizon xv6700)?

2. I open up the build OS, select the carrier (no soft reset when done?) and then select the modules I want to add to the rom for features?

3. When I have all the stuff selected in modules, I select the green run arrow a the top and it compiles. Then I select the encode go to the correct tools folder and select the verizon.prj select next and encode.

At this point I get the software update utility and I put the phone in bootloader mode and go?

Do I have to select any modules or can I go with just defaults and add what I want later to play? Its seems I can just want to verify. Sorry for the questions, Just making sure and I know some of you have done this several times, I just want to be safe and make sure I understood this before causing a problem. Thanks

gguruusa 11-05-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snager (Post 114671)
Thank you Helmi and everyone at ppcgeeks who had a hand in making WM6 + Kitchen available for all of us!

I'm still a newbie at cooking your own ROM's but I'm learning from all you folks here on PPCGeeks. I have also been messing around with creating your own OEM from cab files with some success.

I've tried looking for information on the .dsm files and all I found about them is that you create them using a text editor and assign a UUID as its name.
But when I look at .dsm files in other OEM packages I see that they are not just blank text files ..they have something inside of them ...cant read it with notepad.exe notepad2.exe or wordpad or anything I have, all i see is garbage... if anyone would help understand what goes inside a .dsp file ...I would be very grateful for you help

You shouldn't be adding an OEM that requires a anything more than a properly named (UUID), 0 length, .dsm file. If you'd like to initialize it, drop the folder containing the .dsm onto the BuildDSM tool (in the tools folder). .dsm files are binary data files...you'll need special software or a hex editor to look at them.

gguruusa 11-05-2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixelwix (Post 114556)
oh my god i just saw this and i almost cried. this thing is fucking wonderful!! i whish i still had my 6700... instead i have this crapppy 6800 that i can't do shit with. hopefully now that the 6700 kitchen is done... does this mean you guys are gonna be shifting your attention to the mogul??? please say yes

After a short breather, yes.

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY 11-05-2007 09:53 PM

Very nice work guys. i may need to go back to the old apache now lol.

zefrench 11-05-2007 10:26 PM

The Aliant customisations work like a charm. Everything is wokring wonderfully for me on the Aliant network.

guitardoc64 11-05-2007 10:59 PM

Omigod! this is a great day! My thanks Helmi, Luv2chill, gguruusa,wideawake, hell the whole kitchen crew! My deepest thanks for the obvious work put into this kitchen, which looks more like a commercial release than the former kitchen! Now, time to play!!!!