PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Are any of the tweaks from your VE ROMs included?
I put some of the main fixes in and some of the tweaks but not everything as of yet. 0.2 will have a lot of neatening up. This is the first draft and while I'm running it on the phone I'm writing this message on right now, it hasn't been fully tested. That's your job
Old 10-20-2007, 10:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul (HTC 6800)
Carrier: Sprint

devsolution is keeping up the good workdevsolution is keeping up the good work
I attempted this today and it seems that certain combinations fail. I have flashed many, many, many roms including Helmi's WM6 and the WM5 Kitchens 1.02-1.04. Using the defaults from BuildOS seem to work better. I will have to figure out what I did wrong the first time.

In summary here is what works for me:
Windows Vista Enterprise x64 (Core 2 Duo, 4G Ram)
Disable USB Synce via Windows Mobile Device Center
Defaults on BuildOS, no carrier customizations checked
Sprint, Radio 1.27, Loader 1.00
Functions Tested: Dial out, Data Connection (had to enter connection info manually), Sync with Exchange with Secure Policy, OEM Phone Lock, IE (Internet)
Note unless you mess with the EXT_ROM on device you still will not be able to store files in Messaging to Storage Card

UPDATE:
I am getting some mysterous errors. If I do a buildos and select 1 click lite it works. I rerun and select 1 click lite I get a white screen on reboot. Very very strange. I have also tried using Voice command from previous kitchen with no success yet.

Last edited by devsolution; 10-20-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Can someone upload it to the FTP?
Please don't. The bandwidth needed to host this file for all the downloads it is going to get will make this site run slow and the site's web host, dreamhost, has already been having too many problems lately crippling the site. That's why I picked th host I put it on instead of my servers or the ppcg ftp.

Edit: It looks like the ftp is on a different box so it may be ok depending on how Dreamhost has the servers clustered. The box used for the ftp is apache2-quack.geyser.dreamhost.com whereas the box the forum is on is apache2-nads.geyser.dreamhost.com

Last edited by verizonguy; 10-20-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:05 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkaz View Post
Can someone upload it to the FTP?
I'm uploading now, but my upload speed is only 62kb/s +/- a few kb....ETA= 45min.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

bkaz is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
Please don't. The bathwidth needed to host this file for all the downloads it is going to get will make this site run slow and the site's web host, dreamhost, has already been having too many problems lately crippling the site. That's why I picked th host I put it on instead of my servers or the ppcg ftp.
That makes sense... the host you have it on now is blocked by our office server, I'll just download it from another location.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:58 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Cooked a ROM & flashed.....so far so good, seems less laggy & more responsive. This is very nice!

Thanks for all your work Verizonguy, Bepe, Mamaich, itsme, etc.

I finished uploading to the FTP, but if the PPCGeeks admin feel they should delete it for bandwidth reasons, I understand.

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....itchen_0.1.rar
Old 10-20-2007, 12:03 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hm.... is this like the rebel kitchen? What says the Empire? Much confusion there is.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:08 PM
N00b

Just to note the ExtRom Unlock shows up twice on the list in BuildOS
Old 10-20-2007, 12:33 PM
N00b

Is this compatible with the Optional_* folders from previous WM5 Kitchens?

I am trying the Voice Command one now.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

KidGixxer is keeping up the good workKidGixxer is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
Cooked a ROM & flashed.....so far so good, seems less laggy & more responsive. This is very nice!

Thanks for all your work Verizonguy, Bepe, Mamaich, itsme, etc.

I finished uploading to the FTP, but if the PPCGeeks admin feel they should delete it for bandwidth reasons, I understand.

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....itchen_0.1.rar

Dont put it on the ftp ppcgeeks been slow that last few days. we dont need everyone and there mother downloading it from here and slowing down the site.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development