PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2007, 01:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond(Victor)
Carrier: Sprint

360discgolf is keeping up the good work360discgolf is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reg Tweak - Speed

6-Speed up

Using a registry editor such as PHM RegEdit lookup and change the following three values:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS\Cac heSize=0x1000(4096)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS\Ena bleCache=0x1(1)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Filters\f sreplxfilt\ReplStoreCacheSize=0x1000(4096)

** I did this tweak, but I set both of the 4096 values to 8192 and is seems to be moving faster with no ill effects. Is there anyone more experienced out there that can tell me potential pros or cons to using the higher values?
Old 10-20-2007, 03:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache + HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

the18thtee is just getting started
Ok, this is very strange. I used resco registry and when I looked up the value for the first reg entry, (CacheSize) the dword value was 0
Maybe a wm6 bug? It seems very very odd for a cache to be enabled but for the size limit to be zero...?
I changed the value to 8192, and i will report back on the effects.
4. Give THANKS to those who deserve it!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Ok I checked the settings on my 6700 and they are exactly as you stated you set yours to. Not sure what ROM you are using but things seem ok on my 6700.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond(Victor)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

360discgolf is keeping up the good work360discgolf is keeping up the good work
I am using the Sprint C/S WM6 Rom from robmeyer on my 6700. I check a couple of sites that I go to that take a long time to load and they loaded much faster after changing the Cachesize to 8192
Old 10-20-2007, 06:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360discgolf View Post
6-Speed up

Using a registry editor such as PHM RegEdit lookup and change the following three values:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Filters\f sreplxfilt\ReplStoreC acheSize=0x1000(4096)

** I did this tweak, but I set both of the 4096 values to 8192 and is seems to be moving faster with no ill effects. Is there anyone more experienced out there that can tell me potential pros or cons to using the higher values?
Ok your rom registry was already edited from default values of "enable" being zero and "cahche size" being zero as well. Enabling cache and Increasing values only takes up some of your program memory.

The FATFS cachesize refers to file system cache, stuff that gets written, so you run risk of more cache being in memory & not written on a sudden reset. When doing a soft reset it is better to use a program and not the stylus as that is a sudden reset.

The ReplStoreCacheSize refers to the file management, made more of an impact for me at 8192.

You forgot one other reg setting:
HKLM\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\limit = 32768
It increases font rendering, speeding up display. I use a high setting so you can lower that but it woks good 4 me.

Those are the main speed-up reg edits, and remember to backup your registry, be careful and don't make mistakes when editing. those

EDIT:
One other thing can be done for speed, which is increasing the "pagepool" which I havent tried yet so can't help there.

Last edited by Maxx134; 10-20-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: verizon

eatbuckshot is just getting started
I've tried doing the page pool on Helmi's latest wm6 rom thingy but it doesn't work. I think it has something to do with it having WM6 3.5.0.0 while the page pool changing thing is for wm6 4.0.0.0 so unless we find the byte for 3.5.0.0 it won't work i really want to set the page pool i heard it makes it go much faster
Old 10-21-2007, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Blackberry 8330
Carrier: Sprint SERO

steps is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to steps
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360discgolf View Post
6-Speed up

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Filters\f sreplxfilt\ReplStoreCacheSize=0x1000(4096)

Higher number uses more RAM. So the higher you go the less "program memory" you will have.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development