PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   GSM iPhone Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   [How To] Jailbreak Your iPhone. (5.1.1) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112607)

orangekid 06-20-2010 02:11 PM

Re: [How To] Essential jailbreak/unlock/ssh thread!

it does upgrade the bootloader and baseband but that effects unlocking, not jailbreakig. you should be fine just can't carrier unlock it

orangekid 06-20-2010 02:37 PM

but honestly it would be easier to just stick a random sim into it and activate it in like one minute then use spirit

razorloves 06-22-2010 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1826221)
but honestly it would be easier to just stick a random sim into it and activate it in like one minute then use spirit

thanks orangekid, that was simple. i just popped in a sim card and ran spiritjb and it worked perfect. and super quick. now i gotta wait for a ios4 jb for 3gs. :)

orangekid 06-22-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1829345)
thanks orangekid, that was simple. i just popped in a sim card and ran spiritjb and it worked perfect. and super quick. now i gotta wait for a ios4 jb for 3gs. :)

good job bro, no problems!

are you jailbroken on 3.1.3?

Also, do you have a mac?

razorloves 06-22-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1829550)
good job bro, no problems!

are you jailbroken on 3.1.3?

Also, do you have a mac?

yes
no

orangekid 06-22-2010 08:36 AM

It's cool, lemme fix the post to include JB instructions :) don't update to iOS 4 yet.

orangekid 06-22-2010 09:07 AM

OK, I updated the first post on JB an iPhone 3G to iOS4, but for the 3GS there are still too many bugs and complications, but the tools will be released VERY soon, so I will update as soon as they come out, stick with 3.1.3 for now.

El Ha$oN 06-22-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1829593)
OK, I updated the first post on JB an iPhone 3G to iOS4, but for the 3GS there are still too many bugs and complications, but the tools will be released VERY soon, so I will update as soon as they come out, stick with 3.1.3 for now.

in the first post u refer to a baseband 5.13.04 isnt that the one found in iOS4?

Does that mean that either and iphone 3G or 3Gs can be updated to iOS4 and still be unlocked to be used on any carrier?

orangekid 06-22-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Ha$oN (Post 1830207)
in the first post u refer to a baseband 5.13.04 isnt that the one found in iOS4?

Does that mean that either and iphone 3G or 3Gs can be updated to iOS4 and still be unlocked to be used on any carrier?

yes :)

I also have instructions to JB iOS4 on an iPhone 3G,

the 3GS Jailbreak is buggy and complicated and can't even be done if you haven't jailbroken it before with PwnageTool as of right now, but give it a couple days I'll have a tutorial up for the 3GS too,

which also means full unlock for iPhone 4 VERY soon once they get the Jailbreak working for it 100%

which means, don't update to iOS 4 yet if you have a 3GS and need an unlock because they are still ironing out the Jailbreak programs for it, on 3G you're fine though, full jailbreak for iOS 4 and full unlock for the new baseband.

El Ha$oN 06-22-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1830213)
yes :)

I also have instructions to JB iOS4 on an iPhone 3G,

the 3GS Jailbreak is buggy and complicated and can't even be done if you haven't jailbroken it before with PwnageTool as of right now, but give it a couple days I'll have a tutorial up for the 3GS too,

which also means full unlock for iPhone 4 VERY soon once they get the Jailbreak working for it 100%

which means, don't update to iOS 4 yet if you have a 3GS and need an unlock because they are still ironing out the Jailbreak programs for it, on 3G you're fine though, full jailbreak for iOS 4 and full unlock for the new baseband.

well i am purchasing this 3GS from someone i know and i am pretty sure they have never jailbroken or unlocked it ever. It is running 3.1.3 which now i understand can be unlocked but when i saw that baseband there i wanted to know if i can update to iOS4 and still be unlocked to use with any carrier.

Thank you very much for your fast response it is much appreciated :)