PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   GSM iPhone Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   [How To] Jailbreak Your iPhone. (5.1.1) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112607)

orangekid 04-12-2010 08:20 AM

Re: The Essential Iphone Thread! - jailbreak/unlock/ssh/theme/tips etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift365 (Post 1693741)
I cant use sn0wbreeze. Im using a mac

what firmware are you on? and what device are you using. You can use blackra1n for mac or pc if you're on 3.1.2, if you're on another firmware I would update to 3.1.2 (not 3.1.2) and just use blackra1n. but let me know if you're on 3.1.2 on a 3GS because I think blackra1n will have the tethered boot (have to connect to PC and run it whenever you turn your phone on), we can use pwnage tool if that is the case.

basically Pwnage tool is the mac equivalent of sn0wbreeze.

if you're that guy that posted something about being on a 3GS on 3.1.3 you are SOL. The 3GS on 3.1.3 is the ONLY Iphone that cannot be jailbroken (yet).

drift365 04-15-2010 07:40 PM

Yes im "that guy." My post got deleted i guess? Im am running a brand new iphone 3GS 3.1.3. Hopefully by the end of the month...

orangekid 04-16-2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift365 (Post 1701585)
Yes im "that guy." My post got deleted i guess? Im am running a brand new iphone 3GS 3.1.3. Hopefully by the end of the month...

they may wait till 4.0 comes out before you can jailbreak, but hopefully will release one sooner. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

StylinOnUm 04-25-2010 09:15 PM

When trying to run winscp I keep gettin the error

Network Error: Software caused connection abort

Can anyone help me please!?

orangekid 04-26-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinOnUm (Post 1719030)
When trying to run winscp I keep gettin the error

Network Error: Software caused connection abort

Can anyone help me please!?

this is taken from the thread you opened in the forum:-

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1719715)
1) make sure you have openSSH installed on your phone

2) make sure it is enabled (install SBsettings from cydia for easy toggle)

3) if you are trying to SSH via wifi it should work fine, if you are using USB Cable make sure you use the itunnel command found in the post in my sig.

lemme know if this worked.

I am pretty busy on weekends with real life stuff so I don't get on the boards too much, but if you post something once in this forum odds are I will see it and reply to it :headbang:

orangekid 04-26-2010 10:12 PM

Re: Jailbreak for 3GS-32gig

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdruid (Post 1690396)
Is a jailbreak available for my 3GS now that the new 4.0 rom is out ?

thanks

not yet, but I think a JB for 3.1.3 will be released within 2 weeks, the word is early May. i will update this post with the new 3.1.3 jailbreaks as they come out,

but I don't think they've unlocked 5.12.01 so you probably still won't be able to carrier unlock it.

orangekid 06-03-2010 09:26 AM

Re: [How To] Essential jailbreak/unlock/ssh thread!

fyi first post updated to jailbreak all iPhones. an unlock for 5.12.01 is expected when 4.0 officially drops, so you could see one this week, but of course that's far from 100% certainty.

Will update the first post with new unlocks and 4.0 jailbreak when it gets released.

razorloves 06-19-2010 09:07 PM

hope someone can help real quick. i just got my hands on an iphone 3gs 3.1.3. i want to jailbreak but spirit requires that the phone be activated, but i have no plans on activating. i have windows pc. Can someone suggest an altenative? thanks a ton.

EDIT: If there are no alternatives, could i borrow someones sim card and temporarily pop it in and run the spirit jb?

orangekid 06-20-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1825277)
hope someone can help real quick. i just got my hands on an iphone 3gs 3.1.3. i want to jailbreak but spirit requires that the phone be activated, but i have no plans on activating. i have windows pc. Can someone suggest an altenative? thanks a ton.

EDIT: If there are no alternatives, could i borrow someones sim card and temporarily pop it in and run the spirit jb?

that is kinda annoying about spirit.

you can use ANY sim card just to activate it, so yeah go for it, put in the SIM plug into iTunes, "activate" it and use spirit.

Otherwise you can download the 3.1.2 IPSW and flash that by holding shift and pressing update in iTunes, then use blackra1n without having to activate it.

razorloves 06-20-2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1825579)
that is kinda annoying about spirit.

you can use ANY sim card just to activate it, so yeah go for it, put in the SIM plug into iTunes, "activate" it and use spirit.

Otherwise you can download the 3.1.2 IPSW and flash that by holding shift and pressing update in iTunes, then use blackra1n without having to activate it.

cool. thanks a lot man.
is it really that easy to just downgrade to 3.1.2 and use blackra1n? from what i was reading earlier, it sounded like you were screwed if you did the official upgrade to 3.1.3 cause the baseband or bootrom(or something like that) would block jailbreak and unlock.