PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Verizon Getting The Nokia Ace 4G LTE? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148319)

deadwrong03 12-10-2011 09:45 PM

Verizon Getting The Nokia Ace 4G LTE?
 
same polycarbonate unibody as 800
- 4.3" clear black amoled
- front facing camera
- better main camera
- 32 GB version & 16GB version available
- LTE
- AT&T confirmed, Verizon pushing to be launch partner (supposedly)

http://nokiagadgets.com/2011/12/10/r...out-lumia-900/

http://wmpoweruser.com/claimed-hands...amoled-screen/

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

fixxxer2012 12-11-2011 01:21 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

A lte wp7 huh....interesting.

eric12341 12-11-2011 01:31 AM

Re: Verizon Getting The Nokia Ace 4G LTE?
 
Y are the most expensive and money hungry carriers getting the best phones?

steveo70 12-11-2011 01:57 AM

Re: Verizon Getting The Nokia Ace 4G LTE?
 
1 more reason I switched carriers. Wife's already peeved I got a sneaked a new phone home. I guess it was obvious it wasn't my Arrive..lol. Now more temptation. Thankfully I'm the only kid I have to provide for. Sounds tempting.

fixxxer2012 12-11-2011 02:55 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

If verizon gets this with lte i may try one out for the hell of it.

DavidinCT 12-11-2011 02:11 PM

Re: Verizon Getting The Nokia Ace 4G LTE?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2159679)
Y are the most expensive and money hungry carriers getting the best phones?

Eric, give me a break, we have the Trophy, you have the 7Pro/Arrive. The HTC Trophy is the lowest end of all WP7 release devices and this is a know fact.

It's just a rumor, nothing set in stone but, I would sign a 2 year contract for a phone like that.....

Sprint as a carrier is very weak in my area, so they suck in my eyes...

Verizon has the better coverage and much better network, so they cost more but, coverage is more important in my eyes and Verizon is worth the extra money.

Personally, I'd be shocked of Vzw got a kick ass WP7 device and Not AT&T or TMOUS.... I am not going to get my hopes up, LTE ? It will go to AT&T...watch

fixxxer2012 12-11-2011 03:03 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Verizon is hellbent on android so ill believe this device when i see it.

eric12341 12-11-2011 04:01 PM

Re: Verizon Getting The Nokia Ace 4G LTE?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2159743)
Eric, give me a break, we have the Trophy, you have the 7Pro/Arrive. The HTC Trophy is the lowest end of all WP7 release devices and this is a know fact.

It's just a rumor, nothing set in stone but, I would sign a 2 year contract for a phone like that.....

Sprint as a carrier is very weak in my area, so they suck in my eyes...

Verizon has the better coverage and much better network, so they cost more but, coverage is more important in my eyes and Verizon is worth the extra money.

Personally, I'd be shocked of Vzw got a kick ass WP7 device and Not AT&T or TMOUS.... I am not going to get my hopes up, LTE ? It will go to AT&T...watch

@DavidinCT
I don't have sprint anymore I switched to TMOUS because of the barely useable speeds.

DavidinCT 12-11-2011 04:09 PM

Re: Verizon Getting The Nokia Ace 4G LTE?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2159750)
@DavidinCT
I don't have sprint anymore I switched to TMOUS because of the barely useable speeds.

Oh So you have the HD2, HD7 and many other very cool WP7 devices. Us verizon users only have 1 choice, same with Sprint.

So, Why do all the GSM carriers get the cool phones ?

More expensive carriers or not, you still have a better selection of WP7 devices that any of us CDMA users have....

The fact is, I dont count on Verizon getting a cool phone like that, They have their heads so far up their A$$ with Android or the iPhone they dont care about anything else....

eric12341 12-11-2011 05:38 PM

Re: Verizon Getting The Nokia Ace 4G LTE?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2159752)
Oh So you have the HD2, HD7 and many other very cool WP7 devices. Us verizon users only have 1 choice, same with Sprint.

So, Why do all the GSM carriers get the cool phones ?

More expensive carriers or not, you still have a better selection of WP7 devices that any of us CDMA users have....

The fact is, I dont count on Verizon getting a cool phone like that, They have their heads so far up their A$$ with Android or the iPhone they dont care about anything else....

I think VZ is starting to care more about WP than sprint is, at least they attended the Nokia conferences and are trying to get them to make an LTE phone. As far as GSM goes it is the world standard so all manufacturers will naturally consider it first then after that comes CDMA. TMOUS is the black sheep of the GSM carriers because of the 1700mhz frequency they use for the 3G/4G


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0