PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Verizon Getting The Nokia Ace 4G LTE? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148319)

deadwrong03 12-12-2011 06:11 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0; HTC; mwp6985))

Didn't vzw and Nokia already have some agreement before the Nokia deal wit Microsoft any way to sell more Nokia phones anyway

DavidinCT 12-12-2011 07:14 PM

Re: Verizon Getting The Nokia Ace 4G LTE?

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2159774)
I think VZ is starting to care more about WP than sprint is, at least they attended the Nokia conferences and are trying to get them to make an LTE phone. As far as GSM goes it is the world standard so all manufacturers will naturally consider it first then after that comes CDMA. TMOUS is the black sheep of the GSM carriers because of the 1700mhz frequency they use for the 3G/4G

Yea, yea, yea...I Know....but, it still sucks... Sprint/Verizon, they both have their heads up Android and the iPhone's a$$, Sprint even more that they have it.

Oh, yea, I waited what 8-9 months to get a WP7 device and got the bottom of the barrel...

Screwed again by CDMA. At least LTE should change that, as it seems like it will be the new standard but, you cant roam each others network (Vzw and AT&T wont allow it). Even that will take 5-10 years for full network coverage (remember how long it took to go from Analog cell to digial ?).

It will be interesting if Nokia and Vzw get together on this but, I seached over every thing I could find on this Ace/900 phone, NOTHING at all stated Verizon, a few sites said AT&T but, not one said Verizon...

Take this with a grain of salt... Put it in the rumor pile for verizon because that is all it is...

deadwrong03 12-12-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2159957)
It will be interesting if Nokia and Vzw get together on this but, I seached over every thing I could find on this Ace/900 phone, NOTHING at all stated Verizon, a few sites said AT&T but, not one said Verizon...

Take this with a grain of salt... Put it in the rumor pile for verizon because that is all it is...

CNet claims Verizon, AT&T toying with LTE enabled Lumia 800 | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

eric12341 12-12-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2159957)
Yea, yea, yea...I Know....but, it still sucks... Sprint/Verizon, they both have their heads up Android and the iPhone's a$$, Sprint even more that they have it.

Oh, yea, I waited what 8-9 months to get a WP7 device and got the bottom of the barrel...

Screwed again by CDMA. At least LTE should change that, as it seems like it will be the new standard but, you cant roam each others network (Vzw and AT&T wont allow it). Even that will take 5-10 years for full network coverage (remember how long it took to go from Analog cell to digial ?).

how is it the bottom of the barrel? It has a bigger screen than the Arrive, is a world phone and has 16GB of storage. I don't know about the analog to digital transition of cell because i didn't really even start seeing people with cell phones till like 2003.

fixxxer2012 12-12-2011 11:15 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I doubt its coming to verizon. The only carriers that care about wp7 is at&t and maybe tmobile.

eric12341 12-13-2011 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 2160007)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I doubt its coming to verizon. The only carriers that care about wp7 is at&t and maybe tmobile.

well at&t still isnt really showing the wp7 phones on their front page, whereas with tmobile ive seen both the hd7 and radar several times on the front page

GoodThings2Life 12-14-2011 12:55 AM

Ironically, though, AT&T is selling out of the Titan and Focus S on several occasions now. Also, if you read any of the posted reviews, they're all favorable.

I think Windows Phone might actually be picking up steam right now thanks to all the marketing Nokia is doing. I just want to see more activity here in the US.

fixxxer2012 12-14-2011 02:35 AM

Wp7 is for sure more popular overseas.

DavidinCT 12-14-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2160004)
how is it the bottom of the barrel? It has a bigger screen than the Arrive, is a world phone and has 16GB of storage. I don't know about the analog to digital transition of cell because i didn't really even start seeing people with cell phones till like 2003.

Lowest cost, less features, cheap case, and even quoted by HTC as the lowest cost WP7 device when it was released. Infact the lowest cost of any WP7 device on release (full retail cost). The only reason it's a world phone is because it was a converted over from GSM and with the lack of features, it needed something to stand out a little when it came over to be a CDMA model.

Would you believe that I am on my 3rd Trophy and guess what ? I have dead pixels on this phone that I just found, quality control is CRAP. Higher end phones dont have even near the problems. I am just so glad I didn't sign a contract for this phone.

It would be nice if Verizon got a Ace/900 series phone but, I dont forsee it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 2160200)

Wp7 is for sure more popular overseas.

Yea, but, it's growing here quite a bit. The market is changing, a lot of people dont want to be an iSheep and sick of having to upgrade their Android device every 6 months because an new version came out that your carrier desided not to support.

I see it growing a lot in a few years, and it's something that the phone market needs...Something easy and fun to use...