PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 04:51 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush
I'm still sticking around from time to time. I only have an account at XDA & Howard Forums. I only stop by on occassion over there.

Fact is that I needed to live on the forums when having a WinMo phone. If I used an Android phone it would be the same situation. Because Windows Phone 7 has few issues I don't need to spend much time here fixing the problems. I'm able to spend the time I would have fixing/hacking the phone to do something productive. Thanks Microsoft!
No you mean theres no modding or themes for wp7. Thats why there isnt alot of users on here.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:52 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj
the reason i dont post about the os is other then work i really dont use it for anything else .. btw lol darren that was kinda funny ..
It was funny and sorta the truth but i can tell he was joking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:58 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users

lol i agree fixxxer but just by going by some1 else's post they/he didn't seem all to happy about it but oh well what can ya do ..
Old 11-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

OG WP7 user here, and LMAO @Darren!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:35 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post

It was funny and sorta the truth but i can tell he was joking.
ya i was joking, i had a wp device long before eric and i think there getting better now. i liked some stuff but not all so i use android but if i needed a phone for work i would have wp but i dont so....

ps, settle down eric it really was a joke a ppcg mods do joke from time to time.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
ya i was joking, i had a wp device long before eric and i think there getting better now. i liked some stuff but not all so i use android but if i needed a phone for work i would have wp but i dont so....

ps, settle down eric it really was a joke a ppcg mods do joke from time to time.
@darren.wlsn1 shoulda put a smiley or something on it to indicate it was a joke. Sorry about that then.

Also look at the time I made that post, how some people usually are when first wakin up.

Last edited by eric12341; 11-23-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post

No you mean theres no modding or themes for wp7. Thats why there isnt alot of users on here.
Well, I guess you could put it that way.

Some people want to trick their phone out with as much eye candy and other stuff to make the phone prettier. Some need to spend unmeasurable time and effort to make it faster so that it is bearable to use and other reasons out of necessity. That's the way it needs to be with Android and WinMo. Stock roms just flat out don't cut it. Some of us don't have the time to spend doing the work that the OS manufacturer should have released onto the market in the first place to release a quality product.

Windows Phone 7 simply works for me. I use the phone a lot for real work such as making phone calls(lots of them), e-mails, calendar, contacts, texts etc. in which the phone is a vitally useful tool. Of course, I use it extensively for podcasts, music and twitter also and some reading as well which is real convenient.

Can the other OS's do all of this stuff? Yes, but the severe lag in Android caused by bad programming, underpowered phones and generally not well though out ways to get things done make the phone a lot more trouble than it's worth. iOS is really in the same realm of confusion in areas also IMHO.

Is WP7 perfect? No. Far from it. But......it's a huge step in the right direction.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

100% agree. WP7 just works for me. Spent countless hours tweaking the TP2 to run faster and better but WP7 gives me exactly what I was looking for. I only wish they would have included a grey theme. Coming from a "hot rod" car background, I liked tinkering on WinMo but having a device that runs fast, consistent, and reliable has given me more me time.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Over the years I've seen a lot of different sites come and go. I used to be on Aximsite.com most of the time but as the device went away, so did the membership and it was merged into the parent site. The name of this site is PPC(Pocket PC) If you look, you'll still see quite a bit of activity on in the Windows Mobile forum. Pocket PC is a term that has gone by the wayside over the last few years. Now, everything is a Smartphone. It's all about marketing.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

aximtreo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Don't know about other WP7 users, but I'm too busy using my lovely Trophy. Since I don't have to update weekly, ask a thousand questions about why something doesn't work on this particular phone, I don't fine the need to post sor often. Mind you, the fact that WP7 just works is a really big letdown. Now I don't have to read about all the problems other OS's are having. LOL
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions