PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Mango quirks - Do you have any? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147739)

WMFan85 10-27-2011 07:59 PM

Mango quirks - Do you have any?

I've noticed a few hiccups in Mango and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these problems.

1. I have two linked inboxes. When I get a new email and click into them, and 85% of the time all emails flash like they're loading again at least two times before they stop and I can click on something.

2. When I click on the search button, before Mango, it went immediately. Nowit sits for a few seconds. Sometimes between 5-10 seconds. It's very irritating.

3. Quite often in texting, the first letter will not be capitalized and I have to backspace in order for it to capitalize the first letter. It doesn't doit all the time though. And sometimes in text boxes in IE, it just won't capitalize it at all and I have to force it.

4. Sometimes it’s just generally slower than the previous version.

I know there is more, but I’m trying to repeat these as my memoryserves. I’ll update with more. Anyone else have these issues?

eric12341 10-27-2011 10:06 PM

Re: Mango quirks - Do you have any?

no offense but im starting to think that u may have a defective trophy especially in regards to 1 and 4, I haven't had those issues at all and I suppose that #2 can be related to the fact that there are now more features in search than before, its been like that since the mango betas but for me it's never been longer than like 3 or 4 seconds. as for the capitalization check the settings. only quirk I have is that sometimes the onscreen keyboard will just disappear for no apparent reason but ms is supposedly looking into this so a fix should be on the way.

WMFan85 10-27-2011 10:10 PM

No offense taken. I've been wondering the same thing, but I can't even imagine the fight I'd have to go through with Verizon to get a replacement.

The capitalization works sometimes and it is on in setting and worked fine before Mango.

I forgot the keyboard randomly disappearing. That happens to me too.

I'm going to try and record some of these things and post it to youtube to show you what happens.

Maybe I'm in for a hard reset? Or should I try to fight with Verizon?

eric12341 10-27-2011 10:18 PM

Yea u can try the hard reset. As u can see my capitalization is working perfectly now after I enabled it in the settings. I probably won't be able to watch the video even with high quality disabled because my sprint connection is slow as shit tonight. It took me 10 minutes to order a pizza through the pizza hut mobile site! Can u believe that?

WMFan85 10-27-2011 10:35 PM

That's just ridiculous! Verizon has been slow here ever since Alltel turned to AT&T because a lot of people got frustrated with AT&T and switched to Verizon, but it's never been that slow. I probably won't have the video done until this weekend sometime because I'm just so lazy right now.

eric12341 10-27-2011 10:50 PM

It's the exact reason why I'm trying to get out of my contract early to goto t-mobile. Sick of all the excessive buffering,slowness and SkyDrive connection errors.

DavidinCT 10-28-2011 11:53 PM

I have an issue that I have only noticed with Mango, I know for a fact that it was not a problem in NoDO.

When talking on the phone, and I pull it away from my face, it does not always turn back on and a lot of the time my screen will be locked, even tho it was unlocked when I made or recieved the call.

It's kind of an annoyance. It's not my phone, it's mango, as I am on my 3rd Trophy and it happened on all of them with mango.

eric12341 10-29-2011 01:06 AM

@DavidinCT that's weird don't think I've experienced that on my arrive.

WMFan85 10-29-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2152997)
I have an issue that I have only noticed with Mango, I know for a fact that it was not a problem in NoDO.

When talking on the phone, and I pull it away from my face, it does not always turn back on and a lot of the time my screen will be locked, even tho it was unlocked when I made or recieved the call.

It's kind of an annoyance. It's not my phone, it's mango, as I am on my 3rd Trophy and it happened on all of them with mango.

Mine actually did that in nodo, but didn't do it very often. It was quite annoying when you were trying to hang up a call and the screen wasn't on. I haven't experienced it yet with Mango.

WMFan85 12-06-2011 01:51 PM

So I just did a hard reset on my phone because I was getting fed up with some of the things it was doing. I've been using it for about 30 minutes trying to set things back up and it is STILL not capitilizing the first letter in text boxes (randomly, sometimes it does, but most of the time it doesn't). When I'm in text, I'll click in the text box and it won't be capitilized. Then I hit backspace and it will capitilize the letter. It's like there is an imaginoary space in there.

Yes, capitilze the first letter is turned on in settings.

I have noticed it is faster. I don't have any apps on yet though. I haven't noticed any other quirks yet though that I previously did. Cross your fingers!

Oh, and when you hard reset, don't forget that favorites do not sync. I completely forgot (still used to microsoft myphone which did sync them) and I lost ALL my favorites. No big deal, I don't think I lost anything important.