PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Mango quirks - Do you have any? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147739)

eric12341 12-06-2011 02:04 PM

Re: Mango quirks - Do you have any?

Hmm,wonder y that capitalization isn't working for u. Worked great on my arrive and continues to work great on my HD7. Speaking of that video u can make it now.

WMFan85 12-06-2011 03:36 PM

I'll have to wait until I get home to use my wife's phone to video tape it. I'll let you know when it's up.

GoodThings2Life 12-06-2011 04:32 PM

On my Arrive I frequently have the issue with initial-letter capitalization. I usually find if I tap outside the field or backspace to get it to do it right. It's not irritating enough to complain about, but it does bother me once in a while if I'm in a hurry... mostly because I'm obsessive about grammar and spelling.

I also notice a huge delay in the Search function, but I assume it's because it's grabbing your GPS signal in order to presearch for the Scenic features. You might try disabling Location serivces and seeing if it makes a difference for you.

Never noticed the linked inbox issue, but then again I purposely don't link them, because I like keeping my work/personal mailboxes separate.

I definitely don't experience Mango being slower than NoDo... aside from search, of course. In every other way it's noticably faster.

GoodThings2Life 12-06-2011 04:33 PM

PS-- I really wish that Microsoft would sync Favorites and text threads. I'm getting ready to switch to my TITAN soon, and there's a thread I don't want to lose.

esqueue 12-10-2011 03:08 PM

A major issue for me is the fact that my download size is limited over the cell network.

Another quirk is the voice command feature, it works well most of the time but sometimes just act stupid.

After holding the windows symbol, I say:

Call, louie's burger

Searching for Call Louie's Burger

Call, louie's burger

Searching for Hola Leesburg

Call, louie's burger

Searching for Carl Beber

Other times it will call.

eric12341 12-10-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esqueue (Post 2159587)
A major issue for me is the fact that my download size is limited over the cell network.

Another quirk is the voice command feature, it works well most of the time but sometimes just act stupid.

Call, louie's burger

Call, louie's burger

Call, louie's burger

Searching for Carl Beber

reason for that is because carriers are limiting data use, another reason is that Sprint's network is too slow to download large files.

DavidinCT 12-11-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

As this is not a limit or bug with Mango, it's a carrier limitaion that I HATE. Manytimes I have been stuck somewhere with No WI-FI access that I was so board that I wanted to download a new game and I can't because of the size. I guess it's a way to save money but, it still pisses me off.

Do iphone users have to deal with this ? How about Android ? Who actually sets this (MS or carrier?)?

Quote:

Call, louie's burger

Call, louie's burger

Call, louie's burger

Searching for Carl Beber

I use this alot for text and dialing. It needs to be almost in a perfect area for it to work great. No real background noise and you need to be very clear and not rushed.

It's not perfect by any means but, better than most things I have seen.

eric12341 12-11-2011 04:41 PM

iOS has this limitation too and I think android does as well but it can be circumvented by rooting

DavidinCT 12-11-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2159763)
iOS has this limitation too and I think android does as well but it can be circumvented by rooting

Is it the same limits ?

eric12341 12-11-2011 05:32 PM

Our limit is 20MB apple might be 15 but I'm not sure.