PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 01:43 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WP7 needs better hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
If WP7 wants to keep any notice it has to get better hardware. Sexy hardware sells.

We can't be releasing old hardware that hardly competes with the EVO which was released a year ago. If MS was smart, they'd make a deal with HTC and Samsung to offer WP7 to ALL carriers on hardware like the EVO 3D. I'm not suggesting WP7 needs 3D but why not offer larger screened devices like 4.3" screens for Sprint, Verizon and others. Why not offer better screen technology instead of TFT, why not officer 4G, why not offer larger batteries such as 1700-1800mah batteries.

Sprint has one fat little screened WP7 phone.
Verizon has NONE.
Tmobile has the HD7 but it is the old faint screened dull HD7 and still with a small 1250mah battery.
ATT has the HD7S and the Focus - both with battery issues.

Why not offer HIGH END hardware for WP7?
here we go again... I guess what I said in the other thread about this went in one ear and out the other.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:04 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: List Features You Feel WP7 Needs

eric, you have to remember that some people are victims of marketing....all of a sudden their 3g phone doesn't work anymore...now they need a 4g phone...until 5g comes out and they then say "4g isn't good enough"....the one thing i can say about wp7 is that it works, period.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:34 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
here we go again... I guess what I said in the other thread about this went in one ear and out the other.
Yep - garbage in - garbage out.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
Yep - garbage in - garbage out.
ahh still not listening eh? I think the post above pretty much sums it up, smh.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
I own Android but will not rule out WP7 just yet. I agree they need to up the game a little. Question is does WP7 run good on its current hardware, ie. processor and so forth or is it we want more just to have more. Take the EVO it runs great on its current hardware but if several phones had dual core running a 1.5 ghz or more would everyone say the EVO was crap because it lacked the latest specs? We always want more but is more always needed?

When Android came out so many talked crap about it, said it was no good, would never be as great as WM or Apple and now look.

I see many people talk crap about the OS because the device its on isn't the latest specs. OS and hardware are two different things. Anyways thats my two cents.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
The thing is though, the people talking smack haven't tried it....they'll thumb thru one at the store for 5 minutes or read an article and then post.

Sent from my HTC Schubert using Board Express
Old 04-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
I own Android but will not rule out WP7 just yet. I agree they need to up the game a little. Question is does WP7 run good on its current hardware, ie. processor and so forth or is it we want more just to have more. Take the EVO it runs great on its current hardware but if several phones had dual core running a 1.5 ghz or more would everyone say the EVO was crap because it lacked the latest specs? We always want more but is more always needed?

When Android came out so many talked crap about it, said it was no good, would never be as great as WM or Apple and now look.

I see many people talk crap about the OS because the device its on isn't the latest specs. OS and hardware are two different things. Anyways thats my two cents.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Here's the thing. WP7 NoDo actually runs great on its current hardware, but it is started to get old as far as doing cool things, the most desirable imo are 1080p and FFC. Take a look at the Evo 3D and the SGS2 coming out soon, those things blow away any WP7 device hardware-wise, but WP7 does not need that hardware to perform, I think Eric makes a good point on that front. But at some point MS is going to have to be current with hardware and not behind a generation. The iPhone 5 has that awesome dual-core A5 processor that outperforms the A4 (iPad and iPhone 4) by 9x (and the A4 has an awesome GPU).

I think the most important thing for WP7 to do are:

1) get KNOWN, I don't know a single person in RL who knows shit about it.

2) distinguish itself from the iPhone. So many power users look at WP7 as a more closed, more limited iOS with a Windows branding. I currently use WP7 for some apps and netflix streaming at the gym (the girlfriend has to have it for the dreaded stairs).

Overall I don't think hardware is a huge deal when the software utilizes it so well and better than a lot of Android devices not flashed with CM7.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:51 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
The thing is though, the people talking smack haven't tried it....they'll thumb thru one at the store for 5 minutes or read an article and then post.

Sent from my HTC Schubert using Board Express
true, us users that actually have it/use it seem to like it a lot more than people who haven't. If they would integrate an "apps" hub or let me make folders I would love the UI that much more, but overall as a daily driver it's pretty nice.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post

I think the most important thing for WP7 to do are:

1) get KNOWN, I don't know a single person in RL who knows shit about it.

Overall I don't think hardware is a huge deal when the software utilizes it so well and better than a lot of Android devices not flashed with CM7.
this hot and smart Latina in one of my classes has one. she told me yesterday as I was showing her this video I accidently took of our department chair getting down on a cheeseburger.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:38 PM

<) cheeseburger
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions