PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SprintTouch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ChristianProgrammer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Crap in a box

I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up on the WP7 because I went to a .NET users Group meeting with a MVP for WP& and the stuff missing from this OS make me want to wait until it grows up .. Where the Fark did SQL CE go I have to allocate memory on disk for my apps WTF ?? ? its butt loaded with happy feel good artsy fartsy crap like twitter and facebook who the He77 cares about that crap can it RDP to my destop so I can in turn get to my servers? The Asian guy at the meeting was like where the He77 did bar code scanning go OMG does it even have GPS what an infantile toy this it looking like...

Plus you want me to develop in Sliverlight or XNA Its looking klike a gaming platform not something I'd want to trad stocks & options with but I'm just mouthing off I need to do more research
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

aximtreo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Crap in a box

Your last sentence says it all and I must say, you have done a wonder job of "mouthing off."
Old 10-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I think Windows Embeded is for YOU.

Motorola ES400 Enterprise Digital Assistant - Motorola USA

Motorola ES400 specs - Phone Arena

p.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

remember how windows was for more advanced users, with nothing being too easy to do as far as tweaking. seems that wp7 will be the same way which in my opinion will give you more to do with the device. With Android, things are too easy and there isn't hardly any tweaking available. Maybe that's Microsoft's plan...to remain different...who knows

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 10-24-2010, 05:43 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i agree with op on most points, wp7 will need a year (atleast) for me to even spend money on a device. i refuse to pay 500clams to go backwards.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I guess I'm still on the fence about WP7. The reviews has been OK, but the hardware specs are for last year's devices. Going to have to wait until next year anyway for Sprint to offer anything.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions