PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Extraction of single Apps from ROMs ??

Is there an easy way to extract just a single wanted application from a custom ROM or to take it from the kitchen ? I would like some of the apps in some custom ROMS that I have grown accustomed to on old device , but do not have now due to upgrade to device without custom ROMS . Sorry if this offends anyone , but I did search for topic and found no threads that linked to what I want. If anyone can tell me how to extract cab for a wanted app from Rom or kitchen , or message me with a link to some of those sweet cab files, I would be greatful. If you are bothered with the post, please do not waste time replying. I am seeking help , not spiteful rhetoric. I know how vicious these boards can be. I am seeking things like some of the apps from XXX's Rom , etc. Please feel free to lend a hand. Thanks

Last edited by lefty11; 10-12-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Lefty,
Probably much easier to track down the cabs themselves.

There's lots of cabs for the various games on the FTP. Also try here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=319468
Old 10-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thanks, I should clarify , an example would be if I wanted to pull an app I had installed on another phone , but did not have the original download when I bought, is there a way to extract or make a working cab file from the other phone's ROM. example 6700 to a 6800.Probably not , so that is why I wonder if I can extract them from a Rom or maybe a kitchen to get a single program working copy instead of flashing my ROM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions