PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SpRiNt

curving_edge is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New to HTC and have General Questions

I have had my HTC Touch Pro 2 for about 3 months now. This is my first 'windows mobile' phone. I am a little computer savy but not a programmer!

Please pardon me because this is my first post and do not know if anyone has answered these questions before...

Questions I have:

Where do I get 'apps/games(nes-roms)' for this phone? Torrents? Web Sites? (Seems all my friends with I-Phones make fun of my 'basic phone'.)

Is there any good programs that I can download to clean out my phone instead of hard-resetting it every 2 months?!!!?

And if there is ANYTHING im not asking/thinking about, please school me, and let me know how to get this baby running the way she should!

This phone is the sexiest phone I have ever put in my hands and just want the best out of her!

Thanks to all,

-Curv
Old 03-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: New to HTC and have General Questions

start here and read, study and flash away! btw, you have a cdma device. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97
Old 03-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Carrier: SpRiNt
Threadstarter

curving_edge is a n00b

Also I have recently loaded Windows 6.5 from Sprint. 2 questions for the new software...

1)When I hit start, at the bottom left of the screen, it says lock. Can I get this setting to come up all the time without setting a password? I just like the sliding lock only...

2)On 6.1 my favorites on my contacts gave me an option to call, text, email. Now when I set them up, it only gives me a option to call!?!

Thanks again guys!

-Curv
Old 03-30-2010, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic
Carrier: Sprint

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by curving_edge View Post
Also I have recently loaded Windows 6.5 from Sprint. 2 questions for the new software...

1)When I hit start, at the bottom left of the screen, it says lock. Can I get this setting to come up all the time without setting a password? I just like the sliding lock only...

2)On 6.1 my favorites on my contacts gave me an option to call, text, email. Now when I set them up, it only gives me a option to call!?!

Thanks again guys!

-Curv
If you are on the sprint stock rom with sense 2.5 that ui uses a contacts more like the manila 2d ui so not, it doesnt give you those same options. you could learn how to buld your own rom and put sense 2.1 on the same sys if you like that rom or try a 6.5.x sys with sense 2.1. 2.1 has the same contacts tab you are talking about and the weather clock but not the thorough fb integratin of 2.5 nor the twitter tabs if you use thhose, though it takes up less resources than does 2.5. I suggest researching, trying different things untill you come across sometthing you like. I would put links but hate doing searches to post those links as I am posting this from my phone right now. you can do a search here, on xda-developers.com, and as always there is google.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Quote:
I have had my HTC Touch Pro 2 for about 3 months now. This is my first 'windows mobile' phone. I am a little computer savy but not a programmer!

Please pardon me because this is my first post and do not know if anyone has answered these questions before...

Questions I have:

Where do I get 'apps/games(nes-roms)' for this phone? Torrents? Web Sites? (Seems all my friends with I-Phones make fun of my 'basic phone'.)

Is there any good programs that I can download to clean out my phone instead of hard-resetting it every 2 months?!!!?

And if there is ANYTHING im not asking/thinking about, please school me, and let me know how to get this baby running the way she should!

This phone is the sexiest phone I have ever put in my hands and just want the best out of her!

Thanks to all,

-Curv
as far as putting things on your phone like programs and the like I recommend finding out what programs you are lookiong for. Guaranteed someone somewhere has posted these things.

One thing Ive enjoyed about this phone is that unlike the Moto Q a hard reset (master reset) rarely occurs with my TP1. Ill second as far as placing a custom ROM on your phone. The mods here have been building ROMS for quite awhile now and are ver proficient in their makings

Make sure you search search search especially if you dont know and you still cant find an answer someone will point you in the right direction. Above all have fun with the phone! Is there anything specific you want from the phone? Anything you want the phone to do specifically?

Oh and dont forget the thanks button

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"

Last edited by Weapondrift; 03-31-2010 at 05:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:12 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

also, no warez or torrents are allowed on this site. if there is an app you want, just do a google search for app ppcgeeks. it will usually take you right to the cab you want. otherwise freewareppc.com is great for finding apps.

if there is something more specific, it exists you just gotta find it.

why would you hard reset unless needed? sometimes if im building a rom, it will screw up and i have to reset, but thats it. otherwise read read read read. and dont do anything that you arent sure of what your doing.

Help Me Help You
Old 04-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Did someone say Warez!?
Old 04-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

As far as an app to help clean things out, I recommend CleanRam for reclaiming used ram and ClearTemp for clearing out leftover temp files in storage memory. You can find and download these directly to your device and find many other free apps at www.pocketpcfreeware.mobi

You can also look on here and xda-developers for many many useful items.
Good Luck and Welcome!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
(Seems all my friends with I-Phones make fun of my 'basic phone'.)

that's like a midget calling yao ming short
Old 04-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

Muldaak is a n00b

Quote:

Questions I have:

Thanks to all,

-Curv

I too am a noob to this community. In fact my Verizon Touch Pro 2 will be arriving on Tuesday. So I figured I would start researching now.

My biggest worry is where do I start? Is there a "Master Mod" to install first before adding task bar updates, clock updates/changes etc?

If there is a "Master Mod", what are the procedures to installing it? Man, I would hate to brick my phone before I even got to use it .

I guess I'm just looking for the place to start, for I am super green with modding the phone and all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions