PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   CDMA TP2 cases, any good ones? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79620)

leanne 08-17-2009 04:08 PM

Re: CDMA TP2 cases, any good ones?

I have the same on and love it. Nice and cheap. I stretched the elastic out a bit and the phone slides in and out a bit better and is not quite so snug now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernpenguin (Post 1106709)
I found one by "foneGEAR" at Walmart for $10 that fits my TP2 nicely. Very similar feel to the ones that come with the Touch Vogue, including magnetic enclosure and ... did I say it's like $10 bucks.

Telus apparently has a nice one too, for $50.

CovKid66 08-17-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andsoitgoes (Post 1105514)
I hope the Telus stores here get those cases. How much was it, CovKid?

CDN$29.99 at the Telus store. Not exactly cheap, but then again, it's not cheap looking. At the same time, there wasn't a heck of a lot of choice, and I needed something. The velcro on my old Bell Touch Pro case doesn't 'velcro' any more so I couldn't use that unfortunately because I definitely prefer the clip on that versus the swivel type on the one I bought.

andsoitgoes 08-18-2009 12:45 AM

Yeah, it's not cheap but I would pay that to have a correctly fitted case.

I personally still love my side holster P4000 case and now that I have my stupid strap attached to the back of the phone so I don't drop it, I'm not as particular.

Now if only the damn private stores here would actually get them. You guys seriously have no idea how good you've got it!!! :)

briggs 08-18-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andsoitgoes (Post 1107560)
Yeah, it's not cheap but I would pay that to have a correctly fitted case.

I personally still love my side holster P4000 case and now that I have my stupid strap attached to the back of the phone so I don't drop it, I'm not as particular.

Now if only the damn private stores here would actually get them. You guys seriously have no idea how good you've got it!!! :)

My corporate store didn't have any of hte good cases either. They gave me one of those plastic junkers for free... but I took it back to them and told them to give it to the next guy who buys the phone. It's a piece of junk.

I think the cases were released to stores where they anticipated the highest demand. (there's only 3 touch pro2's (one I bought and another my dad bought) that have been shipped to my city total at all possible locations. None at futureshop or anywhere just the telus retail location)

wooffy 08-18-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touch_Pete (Post 1104743)
I got this one as well but the plastic rotating belt clip makes me nervous as I have broken several at the swivel point. What I am really looking for is exactly what came with the Touch a simple pouch with a magnetic closure and a spring steel fixed belt clip. If anyone knows of anything like that I would appreciate a link! :)

$30 from the Rideau Centre Telus store in Ottawa. Same design as the Vogue case.

briggs 08-20-2009 05:58 PM

I got a case for an HTC dream at the Rogers store today.

It was 24.99 and is a leather slide in case, the inside is soft biscuit coloured seude. It's even got the htc logo embedded in the corner. It fits nice and snug, and even if it stretches a bit it will be more than fine.

It also has no magnet to mess with your sensor, so the screen doesn't turn on when you put it in your pocket.

Here's a couple pics

http://www.northernflights.ca/acc/front.jpg

http://www.northernflights.ca/acc/profile.jpg

Mr.KLeen 08-20-2009 06:08 PM

nice lookin case for a good price

andsoitgoes 08-20-2009 08:52 PM

I get nervous with no "clasp" or some way to lock it.

I wonder if they have any HTC hero type cases that would fit that have a clasp, I may have to check it out on my trip to the mall today.

But really, for $25 that's not too bad at all.

briggs 08-20-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andsoitgoes (Post 1113330)
I get nervous with no "clasp" or some way to lock it.

I wonder if they have any HTC hero type cases that would fit that have a clasp, I may have to check it out on my trip to the mall today.

But really, for $25 that's not too bad at all.

It's really snug, so there is no danger of it falling out. I don't want to wear a belt clip all the time, so this is another thing I like about this case.

There were some cases like you are describing there for the hero too.

redz1234 08-21-2009 03:44 AM

I picked up that same clear 2 piece plastic case from Telus and love it.. Adds the perfect protection to the phone as I like keeping my baby close to me in my pocket...

The leather cases leave the phone to exposed for my liking...

- ReDz