PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you interface GV with your mobile device?
Google App (for BB/Android etc..) 14 6.80%
Google Website 29 14.08%
Call Google 13 6.31%
MagiCall 37 17.96%
GV Dialer 19 9.22%
Calling Card by Handango 5 2.43%
iDialer 47 22.82%
One Dialer 16 7.77%
gVo dialer 20 9.71%
GoVoMo 6 2.91%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 05:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Voice Incoming/Outgoing Options!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
thats gonna be hard. ur gonna need to call/contact google and have them do it after you verify lots of details...
I got a GV invite and set up my # a couple of days ago.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 08-10-2009, 05:19 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
my ".cab" is not a cab - just a rules. You have to get MagiCall on ur own.
and it automates calling Gv, entering pin, pressing 2, and dialing your outgoing number so all u have to do is dial as normal and it gets routed through GV!
I purchased Magicall a couple of months ago and works great.
My question is how do I to set up Magicall so I can make outgoing calls, whether I input the number directly or access numbers from my contact list, and have the calls go thru Google Voice?
And do I need to download your rule to do that.
I have Pick 3.
In other words, what do I have to do in order to dial as normal and have calls go thru my Google Voice number automatically? Thanks.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
I got a GV invite and set up my # a couple of days ago.
that was a answer to a guy who lost username/password/e-mail for his GV account and wanted to know how to get back in...

Quote:
I purchased Magicall a couple of months ago and works great.
My question is how do I to set up Magicall so I can make outgoing calls, whether I input the number directly or access numbers from my contact list, and have the calls go thru Google Voice?
And do I need to download your rule to do that.
I have Pick 3.
In other words, what do I have to do in order to dial as normal and have calls go thru my Google Voice number automatically? Thanks.
download rules.
place in my docs/magicall
start magicall - it will ask "import new rules?"
click yes
edit rule "google voice"
urnumber = GV numer
pin = your GV VM pin
the rest leave alone!
minimize magicall - dont close it by "killing" the prosses.
dial as normal and enjoy the automation
see first post for details.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:04 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
that was a answer to a guy who lost username/password/e-mail for his GV account and wanted to know how to get back in...

download rules.
place in my docs/magicall
start magicall - it will ask "import new rules?"
click yes
edit rule "google voice"
urnumber = GV numer
pin = your GV VM pin
the rest leave alone!
minimize magicall - dont close it by "killing" the prosses.
dial as normal and enjoy the automation
see first post for details.
That was me who lost the password and email account was changed.
I posted my issue on the Google Voice Forum. I was issued a GV # a couple of days later.

Thanks for the installation steps
Old 08-10-2009, 09:31 PM
VIP Member

I overwrote the rules as described and a whole new set of rules appeared.
But I lost all of my previous rules and info. I thought that this new rule would just be added. But this rule is part of a set that overwrote my other rules. Lost my Log Viewer info as well as all of my "specific numbers" that were being filtered from my previous rules.

Outgoing calls are automatically going thru GV very nicely. You do here the process going on and it takes approx. 12 seconds to complete.
If you are watching your minutes, it is worth the wait. You can always stop the rule from running if you wish.
As I look into this further, I see I have to set up all the previous rules that I had before.
Unless I am missing something, it appears that this rule change is better if you install it when you first purchase Magicall, rather than if you install it on an existing, running Magicall Program.
I finally set up my rules as it says to do in post #1.
If I had to do this all over again, I would just add the new GV Outgoing Call Rule to my previous running Rules.

The new rule is working very well and I thank MordyT for that.

You may want to add some of the info above, in post #1, about overwriting the new rules on an existing program, so others won't lose any existing Magicall info.

Last edited by Biker1; 08-11-2009 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Update/Content
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

sorry to hear that you lost all your rules...
i didn't know that it didn't just add but overwrote.
btw, that is the only file you need to backup b4 a flash so in the next rom you just restore.
about starting progie first - needs to create a set b4 importing work (i think). This is just how i did it so...
editied first post with info - check it out!

Last edited by MordyT; 08-11-2009 at 01:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:29 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
sorry to hear that you lost all your rules...
i didn't know that it didn't just add but overwrote.
btw, that is the only file you need to backup b4 a flash so in the next rom you just restore.
about starting progie first - needs to create a set b4 importing work (i think). This is just how i did it so...
editied first post with info - check it out!
Thanks for adding that. Much appreciated.
No big deal regarding setting up the rules and most of my numbers again, now that it's done

Great work by the way. This will really help out alot of people.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Grandmast is a n00b

I'm not sure how many people have read my posts regarding this seemingly excellent option, which for the most part is true, so big thanks to Mordy for reminding me about the wonderfully configurable Magicall. But having said that, I also wanted to add a few things that I've found to be true about the quirks I've been coming across. Actually, due to an in-line epiphany, I have deleted the bullet list I had and what follows is just a short scenario list after seeing some successful Incoming/Outgoing calls in ensemble.

Interestingly enough, I do seem to occasionally receive 'Incoming Calls' flagged with my google voice number, which in turn attach to my Mobile2Home bank instead of Anytime. This could be caused by one of two variables that seem to have changed. Recently, I ticked the "Display caller's number" radio button instead of "Display my Google Voice #" because I figured it wasn't doing any good for free Incoming GV. The other is the fact that a bunch of those incoming google voice calls might have been flagged as unavailable, because I was roaming.

So we have a couple scenarios if anyone has bothered to read this far. I'll try to test them tonight or perhaps tomorrow when I have caught up on some sleep. Any input on this issue is much appreciated.

Correct Caller ID on Sprint Network
Spoofed GV CID on Sprint Network
Correct Caller ID Digital Roam
Spoofed GV CID Digital Roam

If I had to guess, "Display caller's number" in addition to "Carrier Only" would be the ideal situation for pick3 incoming.

Last edited by Grandmast; 08-11-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:11 PM
VIP Member

I have noticed that on Outgoing calls using GV and Magicall, sometimes the "String" is not completed and the outgoing number is not called. Instead, my GV # is called only and a partial string is completed which results in an endless recorded Loop.
I then disconnect the call, then dial the call again and it goes thru.
In the String, I did delete some commas (,) in error and reinsert them.
Would the following # of (,) 's be correct >>
I have the "String" in the new rule as:
Google Voice #,,,pin code,2,{phone}#
I have also used 2 (,) 's after my GV# and the outgoing issue still occurs intermittently.
It may just be a matter of timing of how the String dials outbound calls and is connecting to the Sprint network, which is why the issue occurs sporadically.

Last edited by Biker1; 08-11-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: content
Old 08-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmast View Post
I'm not sure how many people have read my posts regarding this seemingly excellent option, which for the most part is true, so big thanks to Mordy for reminding me about the wonderfully configurable Magicall. But having said that, I also wanted to add a few things that I've found to be true about the quirks I've been coming across. Actually, due to an in-line epiphany, I have deleted the bullet list I had and what follows is just a short scenario list after seeing some successful Incoming/Outgoing calls in ensemble.

Interestingly enough, I do seem to occasionally receive 'Incoming Calls' flagged with my google voice number, which in turn attach to my Mobile2Home bank instead of Anytime. This could be caused by one of two variables that seem to have changed. Recently, I ticked the "Display caller's number" radio button instead of "Display my Google Voice #" because I figured it wasn't doing any good for free Incoming GV. The other is the fact that a bunch of those incoming google voice calls might have been flagged as unavailable, because I was roaming.

So we have a couple scenarios if anyone has bothered to read this far. I'll try to test them tonight or perhaps tomorrow when I have caught up on some sleep. Any input on this issue is much appreciated.

Correct Caller ID on Sprint Network
Spoofed GV CID on Sprint Network
Correct Caller ID Digital Roam
Spoofed GV CID Digital Roam

If I had to guess, "Display caller's number" in addition to "Carrier Only" would be the ideal situation for pick3 incoming.
I'm not quite sure what you are saying. Are u saying that you are getting charged for your GV minutes by sprint? If so, please remeber that changing your pick 3 requires a new bill cycle to go in effect (i think). If not can you please clarify. Thanks for your input.

Quote:
I have noticed that on Outgoing calls using GV and Magicall, sometimes the "String" is not completed and the outgoing number is not called. Instead, my GV # is called only and a partial string is completed which results in an endless recorded Loop.
I then disconnect the call, then dial the call again and it goes thru.
In the String, I did delete some commas (,) in error and reinsert them.
Would the following # of (,) 's be correct >>
I have the "String" in the new rule as:
Google Voice #,,,pin code,2,{phone}#
I have also used 2 (,) 's after my GV# and the outgoing issue still occurs intermittently.
It may just be a matter of timing of how the String dials outbound calls and is connecting to the Sprint network, which is why the issue occurs sporadically.
The (,)'s indicate pause. If you feel the program is moving faster then GV - go ahead add more comma's. The combination set in the rules is what i have found to be the best for me. Results may vary. Even somtimes with me (1 out of 50) i find that the program moves faster then google. However i have alos found this to much better battery/resouces/usabilty wise then any other program.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags
calling google voice, google voice, gv, incoming, outgoing