PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   All refurbs on back order?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52222)

NinjaMom 01-07-2009 04:19 PM

All refurbs on back order??

My hubby broke my old 6700 that he was using. The screen is iffy on if it will work and the thumb stick is stuck in the unit. He took it to a repair center and they told him to come back tomorrow for a replacement. That was yesterday. He went back today and they said ALL ppc refurbs were on back order and it could be up to a week before more would be in.

Does anyone know what the standard course of action is at this point? Is he really going to have to wait that long for a refurb? Seems odd that there are NO refurbs what so ever.

Hafrust 01-07-2009 04:27 PM

Re: All refurbs on back order??

Wow..that is really odd. I knew about Pro's and 6800's. That's the first I've heard of all ppc's. I know they do not do loaner phones, but it seems like under those circumstances they should do something or not charge your for your TEP. Kinda sucks to pay for insurance not to be able to use it.

NinjaMom 01-07-2009 05:24 PM

Well, because we went to the repair center we will not have to pay the TEP... but I just found it amazing that there are NO refurbs of any kind. LOL

sanmanc 01-08-2009 03:32 PM

I would ask for an upgrade if they cannot find a refurb. I know there are 6800 refurbs in stock because I just had one replaced at work through customer care. If you have not done so ask to speak to a manager. Be calm but a bit demanding.

Baffles 01-08-2009 06:37 PM

Sprint | Advanced Exchange

Krusty_47 01-08-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 624782)
Well, because we went to the repair center we will not have to pay the TEP... but I just found it amazing that there are NO refurbs of any kind. LOL

Yeah at this point they shouldn't be giving you a 6700 at all they should give you at least a mogul if not a touch pro. More than likely if you hold out they'll give you the pro. totally worth the upgrade. Especially since HTC doesn't support the mogul or the 6700 any more.

techsavvy 01-09-2009 01:50 PM

has anyone had trouble with there touch pro. got mine in november and a week later i had to take it back, now im waiting on a new one again because it is something going on with it? i love the phone but i pay to much money for these new phones that dont work right.

NinjaMom 01-09-2009 04:43 PM

Husband went to another repair center and they are refusing to do anything for him except do an upgrade off of the retail price of whatever phone. They said he would have to go through the insurance because they have NOTHING comparable to the 6700.

So one store says everything is on back order and another says that there is nothing they will do but upgrade on the retail price. Meaning he could pay $300 for a samsung ace. LOL

I thought there was something about them having to do more than this at the repair center. All it was was a big sales push. This is crazy.

I am trying to get him to save the frustration and just go through the insurance and the $50... but he is so ticked at how ridiculous the repair centers I don't know if he will.

nxtech3 01-09-2009 05:04 PM

if it a dealer and not corporate, they wont upgrade out of the store because of reimbursement issues. Find a corp service center or soon to be "Device Support Centers" and they should swap to a comparable model in stock. Thats part of the S&R guidelines.

NinjaMom 01-09-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nxtech3 (Post 629846)
if it a dealer and not corporate, they wont upgrade out of the store because of reimbursement issues. Find a corp service center or soon to be "Device Support Centers" and they should swap to a comparable model in stock. Thats part of the S&R guidelines.

That is just it. He was at a corporate store. They flat out refused. Saying that since he has the 6700 that they had NOTHING comparable.