PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Microsoft Killing Off Windows Mobile 6.x Services (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144413)

2 Bunny 09-24-2011 09:12 PM

MICROSOFT AINT KILLING ANYTHING Reply

I don't know anybody that used the Windows Mobile marketplace anyway. I never used "MyPhone" either, so we should be all good for now :).

- 2 Bunny

DavidinCT 09-26-2011 02:00 PM

Re: MICROSOFT AINT KILLING ANYTHING Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Bunny (Post 2147016)
I don't know anybody that used the Windows Mobile marketplace anyway. I never used "MyPhone" either, so we should be all good for now :).

- 2 Bunny

When the marketplace came out, it was cool, even tho I could get a lot of cabs on-line there were tons of free apps in the marketplace. Some apps that I didn't even know about.

It's something Microsoft should of had on the first versions of a Windows Mobile phone device.

My phone was great too...

2 Bunny 09-26-2011 09:13 PM

MURDERED Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2147298)
When the marketplace came out, it was cool, even tho I could get a lot of cabs on-line there were tons of free apps in the marketplace. Some apps that I didn't even know about.

It's something Microsoft should of had on the first versions of a Windows Mobile phone device.

My phone was great too...

So you've upgraded to Android now or are you going to leave the smartphone market altogether?

- 2 Bunny

eric12341 09-27-2011 03:20 AM

Re: MURDERED Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Bunny (Post 2147360)
So you've upgraded to Android now or are you going to leave the smartphone market altogether?

- 2 Bunny

@2 Bunny actually he's upgraded to WP7 :D

2 Bunny 09-28-2011 02:50 PM

YES MURDERED Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2147386)
@2 Bunny actually he's upgraded to WP7 :D

You mean downgraded? :headbang:

Thanks for the "mention" though, I don't know what it means, but it 1Ups my profile.

- 2 Bunny

eric12341 09-28-2011 06:07 PM

Re: YES MURDERED Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Bunny (Post 2147658)
You mean downgraded? :headbang:

Thanks for the "mention" though, I don't know what it means, but it 1Ups my profile.

- 2 Bunny

@2 Bunny nope upgraded, especially now since mango is out. our phones most certainly run circles around urs (if u still own the diamond)

2 Bunny 09-30-2011 07:20 PM

REPLY TO PERSON WITH NO CREATIVITY Reply ☺

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2147681)
@2 Bunny nope upgraded, especially now since mango is out. our phones most certainly run circles around urs (if u still own the diamond)

I don't know who "rs" is, but I still wouldn't consider it an upgrade. I'm curious though, What can "Windows Mobile 7" do that "Windows Mobile 6" can't in terms of functionality beside "this specific application" (which can be different on every platform, even non OS feature phones)?

(Thanks for the mention/rep too :headbang:)

- 2 Bunny

eric12341 09-30-2011 10:42 PM

Re: Microsoft Killing Off Windows Mobile 6.x Services

see here . I don't think feature phones or wm6.x could do any of that.

2 Bunny 10-02-2011 05:12 PM

WHAT? HOW? Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2148079)
see here . I don't think feature phones or wm6.x could do any of that.

Multitasking? Have that. Even some feature phones have that.
Limited Tethering? I've got full tethering. Feature phones have that too.
Good browsing? Opera Mobile 10 is king and always will be. Even Android has that.
Applications? This is one thing they're ranking in, but it retains no reverse compatibility to the real WM applications we want to run. Then again, Apple OS has a large library of that. I'm a Windows Mobile fan and tweaker, and after having actually tried all these mobile operating systems stock on native hardware, I'd say Apple OS has numerous legs up on "windows mobile 7".
Ringtones? Even though I don't use the feature, WM6 users have been able to add their own ringtones since the "beginning of time".
Squares? You may be only able to put six buttons on a screen at a time, and not even be able to fit entire words, but I can read everything I need to without "toilet paper"ing my way through it.
Maps? See "Google maps for Windows Mobile".
Interface elegance? Elegant, maybe, useful - not really. In the feature phones I've played with, I felt like I was able to do more than Windows Mobile 7. I actually got bored and said, "is this all there is to do? that's all there is to it?".

Is there anything else? :bigsmurf:

- 2 Bunny