PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Windows is not dead! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=135864)

PhyscoAssassinx 10-23-2010 09:17 AM

Windows is not dead!

Read It and weep Microsoft still has love!
this comes off the wall street journal poll on their site,
************************************************** *************************************
Windows is still coming strong went from 25.1 to 31.5 while apples falls behind to 13.5 and android Still leads the way

9:16 AM
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...assinX/wow.jpg

4:30pm
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...sinX/wow-1.jpg

Dr.8820 10-23-2010 10:28 AM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

some folks aren't to happy with wp7, that stat might change.

RidleyJ329 10-23-2010 11:01 AM

Re: Windows is not dead!

windows may not be dead but according to that graph it still has about half "the love" as android

GirlGoneGeek 10-23-2010 12:11 PM

keep in mind this is before the whole world gets their hands on the new wp7 ;)

give this same poll afterward and i bet you see different results

also, article is on the front page about this :)

BenC 10-23-2010 01:21 PM

It is interesting to look at. But there are those of us who really are not that social on our phones. It is rare that I post on Facebook from my Evo. I do look at Facebook, but rarely post. I use mine as I have always done, mainly as a business/work device. I spend lots of time with HanDBase, email and DTG spreadsheet.

felixgza 10-23-2010 01:56 PM

So Windows is not death but almost.

horndoctor 10-23-2010 03:36 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

What is Windows?

PhyscoAssassinx 10-23-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney1985 (Post 1979800)
keep in mind this is before the whole world gets their hands on the new wp7 ;)

give this same poll afterward and i bet you see different results

also, article is on the front page about this :)

im sure theres a few winmo7 lovers theres its out overseas and some people got it over on their HD2,
and article in the front page is about the poll and all the OS, I made this with windows and how it's in 2nd place specifically in mind :)

2 Bunny 10-23-2010 09:43 PM

YES! Reply

I voted for Windows Mobile 6 too when I saw the link in the PPCGeeks Blog. If there was a Specific "Windows Mobile 7" option, I would give it thumbs down though. Overall I'm surprised how high in the ranks the Microsoft poll option in general was doing. Do people still use WM6?

- 2 Bunny

Johnny.Bravo 10-23-2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1979889)
What is Windows?

Its that glass thing in your car that you open while you're driving and then throw your Microsoft-based phone out of on your way to buy an Android phone.

2 Bunny 10-24-2010 03:48 PM

WINDOWS MOBILE WIN Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo (Post 1980043)
Its that glass thing in your car that you open while you're driving and then throw your Microsoft-based phone out of on your way to buy an Android phone.

Heh, FAIL. I used Android on my Diamond for a little bit and couldn't stand it. What operating system makes you dig deep in the settings just to get to bits and pieces of an incomplete "comm manager"? What OS makes you have a stupid Google account just to install applications unless you have a ROM that comes with OI file manager, from which you can install applications you downloaded from sites that don't make you have a Google account? What kind of pathetic excuse for a default onscreen keyboard is that thing (I've used an HTC customized Android device, and that makes it a bit more usable though to be honest)? What Mobile OS doesn't let you "stow away" your onscreen keyboard without holding down the home button for a half hour? What OS offers nothing but Toilet Paper scrolling?

What OS renders SuperCam (SuperDVR Mobile application) correctly?

WinMo - 5
Android - 1

Sorry, just an "IMO". I do use android for using SuperCam if I want it rendered correctly on the VGA Display.

Just my "Two or three cents".

- 2 Bunny

Johnny.Bravo 10-24-2010 05:26 PM

Hmmmm....it would appear that I hit a nerve....

Anger management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

x10guy 10-24-2010 05:53 PM

Polls are kind of silly. What really matters are sales and market share.

I've been a dedicated WinMo user for the better part of the decade... going back to the old Windows CE days with my Cassiopia. (ah that memories).

That being said, Winmo is dead. Just leave a dead horse to die.

Windows Phone 7 has promise but they really have a herculean effort to compete against the iphone and android. Microsoft has the money and marketing to pull it off but they really can't afford any miscues which really plagued the old Winmo OS.

MrGoodtunes 10-24-2010 06:25 PM

None of us can declair WinMo dead, only Microsoft can do that, and they have not done so AFAIK. I'd say WinMo is in a deep coma, awaiting WP7 response, fixes and updates. After that, there's supposed to be some kind of development at MS of an "enterprise" OS, based on WinMo. We'll see. Meanwhile, devs will hopefully be giving us some kind of alternative choice for the not-so-wonderful WP7 today/homescreen, etc.

demonlordoftheround 10-24-2010 07:45 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Agreed. But where is the exitement? Most diehard winmo fans are yawning. Microsoft better spend some money on marketing because no one thinks of windows as a "super phone".

Dr.8820 10-24-2010 07:51 PM

+1 demon. everyone knows i like winmo, but i'm very unimpressed with wp7. i don't care about specs as much as i wanted a pc experience..i hope ms gets back to something like that.

2 Bunny 10-24-2010 08:09 PM

OOPS IT WAS AN ACCIDENT I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY Reply

LOL! What have I started? ☺

In all seriousness though, Android is the future weather we like it or not. It grew even faster than apple because it had just a little bit of "freedom", but all the toilet paper scrolling and "Apple Esque" things that Apple has forced down the throat of society, and no poll on "The Wall Street Journal" is going to change that (unfortunately).

Not to mention SuperDVR for Mobile still wouldn't render right if it wasn't for "Android", so its not all bad ☺.

- 2 Bunny

felixgza 10-24-2010 08:39 PM

Good description, ;)

x10guy 10-24-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes (Post 1980342)
None of us can declair WinMo dead, only Microsoft can do that, and they have not done so . I'd say WinMo is in a deep coma, ....

OK let me rephrase it. Winmo is in a coma, barely on life-support, with little or no brain activity in the past 6 months. :)

Of course I say jokingly and with sarcasm but in reality, there really is no future for Winmo anymore, at least from a consumers perspective.

GirlGoneGeek 10-25-2010 10:11 AM

and the winner was Windows

Hypnotic2010 10-25-2010 11:59 AM

Yep, heres the proof:
http://y.msmobiles.com/microsoft/windows-mobile-rip.jpg

demonlordoftheround 10-25-2010 12:18 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

That was cruel, LOL.

orangekid 10-25-2010 06:04 PM

I want to know who actually voted in that pole, probably some ROM chefs and ppcg and xda users.

Why don't we compare market share of Mobile OS devices. Pretty grim for windows mobile.

File:Smartphone share current.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(that's as of 12 Aug, 2010)

And since MS has stopped making phones than run 6.x it's downhill from there.

we'll just have to see about wp7

gTen 10-25-2010 06:33 PM

Re: WINDOWS MOBILE WIN Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Bunny (Post 1980289)
Heh, FAIL. I used Android on my Diamond for a little bit and couldn't stand it.

you can't really compare a port to the actual thing :/

Quote:

What operating system makes you dig deep in the settings just to get to bits and pieces of an incomplete "comm manager"?
why do you need to dig deep..on home page you click menu, then settings and its there. for fast access to turn off stuff I just drag down the notification bar and its there

Quote:

What OS makes you have a stupid Google account just to install applications unless you have a ROM that comes with OI file manager, from which you can install applications you downloaded from sites that don't make you have a Google account?
You don't need a Google Account to install apps..its just to access the marketplace...you obviously need to make an account because some apps are paid and you gotta pay somehow...otherwise you can install apps without root access no problem...just download the apk and run it..same way as a cab.

Quote:

What kind of pathetic excuse for a default onscreen keyboard is that thing (I've used an HTC customized Android device, and that makes it a bit more usable though to be honest)?
The on screen keyboard is made for capacitive screens..aka without using a stylus...if you consider that it makes sense...again you have to try a real device and not a port to see...

Quote:

What Mobile OS doesn't let you "stow away" your onscreen keyboard without holding down the home button for a half hour?
????..have you tried hitting the back button?

Quote:

What OS offers nothing but Toilet Paper scrolling?
Thats not true...if your phone has a trackball or a keyboard you can scroll that way..some apps like Astro have a built in scroll bar as well..again its how the capacitive screen works...

Quote:

What OS renders SuperCam (SuperDVR Mobile application) correctly?
I have no clue...

Quote:

WinMo - 5
Android - 1
Recount? lol

Quote:

Just my "Two or three cents".
Its 4 cents these days..:/ lol

Personally I like winmo a lot..but unfortunately M$ doesn't want to give it to us..so far Ive been playing with my Epic and I'm fairly happy with it..I cant say there was one thing I couldnt do on my Epic that my TP2 could do..for one searching the web used to be a pain on my TP2 but I enjoy it more on my epic...that said it has more to do with he processor rather then the OS.

horndoctor 10-25-2010 07:17 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

WinMo is still a very powerful and versatile OS. It has never been as popular and probably never will be because most people want a very intuative interface that any monkey can operate and they want what they see on TV. Just because something is not as popular doesn't mean that it sucks or is unusable.
Hopefully Microsoft will start the marketing soon and it sounds like the interface has been dumbed down enough for WP7 to succeed. ;)

gTen 10-25-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1981078)

WinMo is still a very powerful and versatile OS. It has never been as popular and probably never will be because most people want a very intuative interface that any monkey can operate and they want what they see on TV. Just because something is not as popular doesn't mean that it sucks or is unusable.
Hopefully Microsoft will start the marketing soon and it sounds like the interface has been dumbed down enough for WP7 to succeed. ;)

Actually, most people initially just wanted the device to respond faster..the UI is not really what killed winmo..its the hardware...the hardware made the UI harder to use...

If the TP2 came out in the US at the same time it came out in Europe and had a snapdragon..the TP3 and HD3 would have been Winmo...

horndoctor 10-25-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen
Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1981078)

Actually, most people initially just wanted the device to respond faster..the UI is not really what killed winmo..its the hardware...the hardware made the UI harder to use...

If the TP2 came out in the US at the same time it came out in Europe and had a snapdragon..the TP3 and HD3 would have been Winmo...

But we are talking about WinMo and Microsoft and that is software not hardware. Of course the hardware is better on Android because it's newer. I wanted a HD2 on Sprint but it wasn't meant to be. :(
We care about hardware but most people don't. They just wanna do stuff the easiest way possible. Microsoft just wanted to get rid of the baggage of WinMo and start over.

gTen 10-25-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1981107)

But we are talking about WinMo and Microsoft and that is software not hardware. Of course the hardware is better on Android because it's newer. I wanted a HD2 on Sprint but it wasn't meant to be. :(
We care about hardware but most people don't. They just wanna do stuff the easiest way possible. Microsoft just wanted to get rid of the baggage of WinMo and start over.

Software and Hardware go hand in hand..every year M$ should have set "some" requirements...for example..not letting HTC pull the no drivers thing and etc...that said the Snapdragon was already available at the time...they just didn't care to use it. See M$ works with its partners and I dont see why they let it slide out the door like they did.

So yes, I can understand why they would want to shed the badge..but at same time I think they should have just get rid off the "windows" to begin with and call it a Zune Phone or Zune Mobile or zPhone....

GirlGoneGeek 10-25-2010 08:41 PM

orangekid I see what you are saying though. I don't know what their purpose was for this poll. Hopefully we will find out soon.

demonlordoftheround 10-25-2010 09:19 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Windows is a brand name synonyms with microsoft. Imagine trying to start with out any name recognition.

gTen 10-25-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround (Post 1981166)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Windows is a brand name synonyms with microsoft. Imagine trying to start with out any name recognition.

Ok..but see Windows in them makes people think PC or computer..at at same time they are saying "no its not a pocket pc its a phone"..kinda diluting the brand dont you think?

Plus Zune has a brand with name recognition as well and is associated with portable devices.

demonlordoftheround 10-26-2010 06:38 AM

I'm not sure the average consumer knows what a zune is, while everyone knows what an I anything is.

2 Bunny 10-26-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1981107)

HD2 on Sprint would've made me seriously consider upgrading after a while even though I just got my Diamond over the summer. I was never a huge fan of the capacitive screen though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1981050)
you can't really compare a port to the actual thing :/

Its still Android, right?

Quote:

why do you need to dig deep..on home page you click menu, then settings and its there. for fast access to turn off stuff I just drag down the notification bar and its there

Step 1: Unlock with silly "slider unlock"
Step 2: Press on "Programs"
Step 3: Toilet paper scroll down to "Settings"
Step 4: Open settings
Step 5: Toilet paper scroll down to the wireless settings...
etc. etc. etc.

WinMo (with a fast an' easy registry tweak)
Step 1: Unlock with quick and to the point tap here, then there to unlock.
Step 2: Press "Comm Manager"
Step 3: Tap slider
Done.

Quote:

.just download the apk and run it..same way as a cab.

No, you need to have a file explorer. Some versions of Android come with OI File manager (if you recall, Windows Mobile always had a dedicated File Explorer that could let you install applications you already had installers for right out of the box.).

You still shouldn't need a silly Google account to pay for stuff. You can buy Windows Apps, laptops, HTC HD2s, Chevrolet Motorhomes, Garbage cans, shovels and more with little more than a PayPal account.

Quote:

The on screen keyboard is made for capacitive screens..aka without using a stylus...if you consider that it makes sense...again you have to try a real device and not a port to see...

It doesn't matter what kind of screen you have. Software isn't made for one "type of screen" or another. We have Resistive and Capacitive Windows Mobile devices, and as far as I know their Programs, registry entries, skins, keyboards, and more are all compatible across Resistive and Capacitive.

Quote:

????..have you tried hitting the back button?

Yes, it has no effect.

Quote:

Thats not true...if your phone has a trackball or a keyboard you can scroll that way..some apps like Astro have a built in scroll bar as well..again its how the capacitive screen works...

What about the HD2? That's got a capacitive screen and minimal TPS.

Quote:

I have no clue...

A Security Camera app...

- 2 Bunny

gTen 10-26-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Bunny (Post 1981822)
Its still Android, right?

Yes..just like a car with no wheels is still a car right? lol..a port is a port..it has "issues"..

Quote:

Step 1: Unlock with silly "slider unlock"
Step 2: Press on "Programs"
Step 3: Toilet paper scroll down to "Settings"
Step 4: Open settings
Step 5: Toilet paper scroll down to the wireless settings...
etc. etc. etc.

WinMo (with a fast an' easy registry tweak)
Step 1: Unlock with quick and to the point tap here, then there to unlock.
Step 2: Press "Comm Manager"
Step 3: Tap slider
Done.
so your doing a registry tweak on winmo but nothing on android? on android you can install a different unlocker with a tap..as far as basic turning off stuff can be accessed via the notification bar...or you can add a shortcut/widget to the homescreen to go directly into wireless settings.

Quote:

No, you need to have a file explorer. Some versions of Android come with OI File manager (if you recall, Windows Mobile always had a dedicated File Explorer that could let you install applications you already had installers for right out of the box.).
to access the file system yes you need to download a file explorer such as Astro or etc...but its same thing as Total Commander being an essential for winmo for some stuff...That said, you can install apps without it...you dont need access to IO to install apps..if you mean reinstall apps that can be done from task manager.

Quote:

You still shouldn't need a silly Google account to pay for stuff. You can buy Windows Apps, laptops, HTC HD2s, Chevrolet Motorhomes, Garbage cans, shovels and more with little more than a PayPal account.
Wait...you have a problem getting a google account but fine with a paypal account? (Also rumor is paypal is going to be allowed in android market soon)..what next you shouldn't need to have a bank account to issue checks? lol

Quote:

It doesn't matter what kind of screen you have. Software isn't made for one "type of screen" or another. We have Resistive and Capacitive Windows Mobile devices, and as far as I know their Programs, registry entries, skins, keyboards, and more are all compatible across Resistive and Capacitive.
only winmo 6.5 adds more capactive friendly interface with sense ui...again android is made for capacitive screens..it can be used on a resistive screen but you need to make modifications.

Quote:

Yes, it has no effect.
Your port has issues then...

Quote:

What about the HD2? That's got a capacitive screen and minimal TPS.
winmo 6.5 added that kind of scrolling as well...and have you tried using the scroll bar on a capacitive screen? its too small...that said Astro manager has a nice implementation of a scroll bar on a capacitive screen.

Johnny.Bravo 10-26-2010 07:49 PM

It looks like this fight is going to go down to the scorecards....
And we have a split decision!

Judge #1 scores it 98/97 gTen
Judge #2 scores it 97/98 2 Bunny

And the deciding vote......

Judge #3 scores it 100/96 gTen

The winner, and STILL Heavyweight Champion of the World is
gTen!!!

Face it bro, Android is the future. :cheers:

AZTECHKA 10-26-2010 08:04 PM

Meh!!!!

horndoctor 10-26-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo
And we have a split decision!

Judge #1 scores it 98/97 gTen
Judge #2 scores it 97/98 2 Bunny

And the deciding vote......

Judge #3 scores it 100/96 gTen

The winner, and STILL Heavyweight Champion of the World is
gTen!!!

Does gTen win a Windows Phone 7?

2 Bunny 10-26-2010 09:28 PM

HOLD YOUR HORSES Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1982020)

Does gTen win a Windows Phone 7?

ROFL! Its donation time, LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo (Post 1981959)

Well I never really intended for it to be a fight. I just put a lot of space between my quotes, so I guess it does sort of look that way. :bigsmurf:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo (Post 1981959)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Bunny (Post 1980401)
LOL! What have I started? ☺

In all seriousness though, Android is the future weather we like it or not. It grew even faster than apple because it had just a little bit of "freedom", but all the toilet paper scrolling and "Apple Esque" things that Apple has forced down the throat of society, and no poll on "The Wall Street Journal" is going to change that (unfortunately).

Not to mention SuperDVR for Mobile still wouldn't render right if it wasn't for "Android", so its not all bad ☺.

- 2 Bunny

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1981883)
Yes..just like a car with no wheels is still a car right? lol..a port is a port..it has "issues"..

By all means. I remember the day someone "ported" Windows operating systems to Apple computers.

Quote:

so your doing a registry tweak on winmo but nothing on android? on android you can install a different unlocker with a tap..as far as basic turning off stuff can be accessed via the notification bar...or you can add a shortcut/widget to the homescreen to go directly into wireless settings.

What kind of unlockers have they got? As far as "basic turning off stuff can be accessed via the notification bar", I can say from firsthand experience that this simply isn't true. You could be right about putting a shortcut to the settings on the "Today" screen.

Quote:

to access the file system yes you need to download a file explorer such as Astro or etc...but its same thing as Total Commander being an essential for winmo for some stuff...That said, you can install apps without it...you dont need access to IO to install apps..if you mean reinstall apps that can be done from task manager.

My point exactly. If you don't happen to have a ROM with a file explorer preinstalled, you're pretty much screwed because you can't open the Android'Stallers. In the end, many aspects of the system force you to have a Google account. Just like YouTube wants me to have, and it yells at me every... single... time... I log into my account.

Quote:

Wait...you have a problem getting a google account but fine with a paypal account? (Also rumor is paypal is going to be allowed in android market soon)..what next you shouldn't need to have a bank account to issue checks? lol

I just don't feel I need a Google account. LOL! You're sounding like YouTube now, "GET A GOOGLE ACCCCCCOOOOUUUUUNNNTTT".

:wink:

Quote:

only winmo 6.5 adds more capactive friendly interface with sense ui...again android is made for capacitive screens..it can be used on a resistive screen but you need to make modifications.

This still has nothing to do with the default keyboard. I have used that EzInput clone that they have on native android devices, and it responds better. Hopefully that stock keyboard never sees the light of day again though.

Quote:

Your port has issues then...

I think its fine. Why would they have two buttons that "stow" the keyboard anyay?

Quote:

winmo 6.5 added that kind of scrolling as well...and have you tried using the scroll bar on a capacitive screen? its too small...that said Astro manager has a nice implementation of a scroll bar on a capacitive screen.

Yes indeed. It is available on WM6.1 as well. Although you did carry a point, capacitive screens are less precise and scrollbars are not always the most efficient way to go when you can't grab them because of hardware limitations (5% Sarcasm).

Search Grooveshark for "Dane Cook - The Chicken Sangwich, the Heckler, and the Kabash".

For everyone else reading, this isn't a "fight" or a "boxing ring", LOL!, just a healthy reply. It may come across as a "boxing ring" because of the long quotes though, but just try to think of it as "just another reply in the count to a million thread".

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny

Johnny.Bravo 10-26-2010 09:49 PM

Actually, I find this whole conversation fascinating. The boxing joke was just lighten the mood a little.

gTen 10-26-2010 10:05 PM

Re: HOLD YOUR HORSES Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Bunny (Post 1982046)
ROFL! Its donation time, LOL!

As long as its not an iphone..ill live..lol

Quote:

By all means. I remember the day someone "ported" Windows operating systems to Apple computers.
Do you mean after Apple went intel or before that?

Quote:

What kind of unlockers have they got? As far as "basic turning off stuff can be accessed via the notification bar", I can say from firsthand experience that this simply isn't true. You could be right about putting a shortcut to the settings on the "Today" screen.
There is a saying...a picture is worth a thousand words:

http://erms.samsungelectronics.com/c...8/18/notix.jpg

As for lockscreens, there are plenty of them with everythign from nubmers, to patterns, to 1 click, to slide to no lock screen at all

Quote:

My point exactly. If you don't happen to have a ROM with a file explorer preinstalled, you're pretty much screwed because you can't open the Android'Stallers. In the end, many aspects of the system force you to have a Google account. Just like YouTube wants me to have, and it yells at me every... single... time... I log into my account.
I havent seen one Android without a file browser, its there by default..if you mean the ones that can access the file system, you dont need them to install apps I'm telling you! lol

also you can install apps via ADB...

Quote:

I just don't feel I need a Google account. LOL! You're sounding like YouTube now, "GET A GOOGLE ACCCCCCOOOOUUUUUNNNTTT".

:wink:
There are other appstores for android other then Google one...Google one is just there by default and has the most apps...you can use the other appstores or download apks...also if I remember correctly winmo appstore required a live account...

Quote:

This still has nothing to do with the default keyboard. I have used that EzInput clone that they have on native android devices, and it responds better. Hopefully that stock keyboard never sees the light of day again though.
I have no clue mine came preloaded with swype ;)

Quote:

I think its fine. Why would they have two buttons that "stow" the keyboard anyay?
I have no clue how they mapped the buttons on the Diamond..the home button on mine takes you to the home screen and back button goes back to where I was.

Quote:

Yes indeed. It is available on WM6.1 as well. Although you did carry a point, capacitive screens are less precise and scrollbars are not always the most efficient way to go when you can't grab them because of hardware limitations (5% Sarcasm).
Yes, they would be fairly unusable...I personally like resistive screens more but im getting used to the capacitive one...on a capacitive screen toilet scrolling as you call it is also easier then on a resistive one.