PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 05:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Tipharet is keeping up the good workTipharet is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tipharet
5 common issues that seem to be occuring to most users - seeing trends on other andro

1. Timezone is off by one hour. I am in GMT -8:00 and its set to GMT -7:00 however shows the correct time. At first it did not.

2. "With Google"/"Without Google" - there are software release differences between the 2.

3. Mono audio - tested on 2 different earbuds and 1 set of headphones. All 3 had different 3.5MM sizes. If you pull out the headphone jack a bit right before it clicks to go in tightly, you will then get stereo. Pushed in all the way, allows audio in both left and right but I promise you it is not stereo. The sound is missing spatial interpretation.

4. My phone says Rev. 0 Others phone says Rev. A. This is suppose to be a Rev. A device and mine is not, or at least it says it isnt. My ping however, is quite high.

5. I seem to be getting 2 notifications for my gmail account. One that shows up as an "@" and the other an envelope. The envelope seems to be routed to the application on the first home screen. @ usually shows a a full count of unread messages for my whole inbox. The envelope seems to show only new emails of a could of days. The envelope notification is always about 45-50 seconds behind my initial gmail push notification with @.

If anyone has these issues, reply with the number and any behavior you notice other than what I have pointed out.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

slbailey1 is keeping up the good workslbailey1 is keeping up the good work
Re: 5 common issues that seem to be occuring to most users - seeing trends on other a

#1 - I think the timezone being off by1 hour could be the way HTC is handling DST. We will know if this is a correct assumption when the time go's back and the timezone offset is changed to -5.

#5 If you have only one gmail account, I don't know what the problem is; but if you have two gmail accounts the following is what is happening.

1) Any mail sent to the gmail account you setup as the account associated with the phone will be handled by the gmail application and all notifications will have the "@" icon.

2) Any other gmail accounts you have must have been setup using the HTC Mail application as POP/IMAP accounts. Any email accounts setup using the HTC Mail application will be handled by that application and all notifications will have the envelope icon.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Tipharet is keeping up the good workTipharet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Tipharet
Re: 5 common issues that seem to be occuring to most users - seeing trends on other a

As far as the Rev. A goes I will leave my house and check various times. I am however in a Rev. A coverage area so we will see.

As far as the Gmail push issue. I had Gmail Sync and default IMAP application setup. I just deleted the IMAP account and moved out the gmail icon to replace the mail icon.

And regardless of music playing through both channels I promise its not stereo audio. That is my main concern.

The hardware dev team is asking for headphone information if you are experiencing mono. Check this out. The more problems confirmed the faster we will get an answer.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/121359#121359

lol@sbaily I see you are all over the forums I am!
Old 10-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipharet View Post
1. Timezone is off by one hour. I am in GMT -8:00 and its set to GMT -7:00 however shows the correct time. At first it did not.
-7 is my time zone, maybe this is just your phone's way of saying it wants to come be with me

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion