PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

joe50000 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone else miss hardware keys?

I just switched over from a TP2 to a Droid Incredible, and the one thing I miss the most is the hardware keys. The softkeys are pretty responsive and I don't accidentally set them off, but they don't have the same feeling behind them as hard keys. I mean was it really necessary to kill the hard keys on the Desire and the HD2?
Old 05-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Does anyone else miss hardware keys?

i agree. the capacitive keys get the job done but nothing can replace the assurance you get with the click of a button. cant wait for the htc vision so i can go back to a hardware kb too!
Old 05-26-2010, 04:50 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

No...
Old 05-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

I miss my on screen KB on my HD2, it is so much better then my BB KB. I mistype so much more on my BB KB.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 05-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

yeah dude. on my HD2 i am so glad i don't have a hardware KB, I can out-type anyone on a hardware KB (using swype) and on my iPhone texting landscape I got some speed!

on a pro I can see it cuz you're on a 2.8" screen, but with 3.5"+ with swype or better keyboard, I don't think you need it at all.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

lol i hear these claims all the time and i highly doubt someone could out type me on my tp2s kb using swype. not to mention i can type on my tp2 without looking at the kb and make not one mistake. try that sip boys haha. while i agree majority of devices from here on out wont have a kb, i still prefer one. cant wait to ditch my incredible for something with a kb
Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214
lol i hear these claims all the time and i highly doubt someone could out type me on my tp2s kb using swype. not to mention i can type on my tp2 without looking at the kb and make not one mistake. try that sip boys haha. while i agree majority of devices from here on out wont have a kb, i still prefer one. cant wait to ditch my incredible for something with a kb
I concur with above statement

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

outlaw.99 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to outlaw.99

Mine has a KB... But I definitely DONT miss having to use an on screen version... Even with swype I wanted to throw the Omnia outside...
Old 05-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

No replacement for a hardware KB

I was pretty impressed with swype but still won't give up my KB
Old 05-28-2010, 08:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just got an Evo last night, and while I generally love it, I really miss having a keyboard, and the screen is too sensitive, and it only works with bare hands (not with a stylus, or even with gloves on)

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion