PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 12:27 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Dell Mini 5. A 5 inch Android Phone

Any Android fans interested with this?

Looks nice huh? It's a little thinner than the iPhone. Look at all that real state. I think this will look good with sense UI.

Specs:
Datasheet-Views: 1774 views since addition of datasheet (February 08, 2010) Datasheet_State: Incomplete specifications Expected:Release+Date: May, 2010 Software-Environment

Embedded_Operating;System: Google Android 1.6
Browse devices running this OS Microprocessor,_Chipset

CPU+Clock: 1000 MHz CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250
Browse devices based on this microprocessor Memory,:Storage+capacity

RAM_capacity: 256 MiB ROM+capacity: 512 MiB Display

Display-Type: color transflective TFT , 16777216 scales Display_Diagonal: 5 " Display-Resolution: 480 x 854 Sound

Microphone(s): mono Loudspeaker(s): Supported Audio+Output: Supported Cellular+Phone

Cellular;Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS2100 Cellular;Data:Links: CSD, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA Call-Alert: 40 -chord melody Vibrating+Alert: Supported Speakerphone:: Supported Control;Peripherals

Positioning_Device: Multi-touch screen Primary_Keyboard: Not supported Directional_Pad: Not supported Scroll_Wheel: Not supported Interfaces

Expansion-Slots: microSD, microSDHC, TransFlash, SDIO USB: USB 2.0 client, 480Mbit/s
micro-USB Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Wireless:LAN: 802.11b, 802.11i, 802.11g Infrared:Gate: Not supported Multimedia:Telecommunication

Analog;Radio:Receiver: Not supported Digital_Media+Broadcast;Tuner: Not supported Satellite-Navigation

Built-in_GPS-module: Supported Complementary-GPS;Services: Assisted GPS, QuickGPS, Geotagging Built-in-Digital+Camera

Main+Camera: 5 MP Autofocus+(AF): Supported Optical_Zoom: 1 x Macro+Mode: Supported Built-in;Flash: mobile light (LED) Additional+Details

Built-in:accelerometer: Supported Battery: removable Battery_Capacity: 1530 mAh

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

Last edited by jethro_static; 02-13-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:33 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Dell Mini 5. A 5 inch Android Phone

Its big but I love it. I would rock it out.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:30 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Its big but I love it. I would rock it out.
I Don't care about the size. If only Sprint will have it. I will buy it regardless. Use it as a MID. Prolly use it outside the U.S. when i'm on vacation.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

What does it get, like 17 minutes per charge? I would think with a screen that size it draws a hell of a lot of power.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:37 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
What does it get, like 17 minutes per charge? I would think with a screen that size it draws a hell of a lot of power.
Well, It's pretty much like the other devices. If you put a bigger screen, U will have a room for a bigger battery.

iPad has a 10 inch screen and will have a 10 hrs video playback time and 1 month of standby. So?

It will come in 2 versions. The one with a 3G which you make make as a phone ant the one w/o. I'll be getting the one with 3G thou. Just in case I travel outside the US. I can use it as a phone. But inside the US, it will be my MID tethered to my TP2. Nice!

Last edited by jethro_static; 02-17-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Comparing anything to an iPhone is foolish. Their battery is better than anything I have seen with any other MP3 player or phone. The 1530 mAh battery on this Dell Mini can not last that long, I just simply do not believe it. We'll see when it is released.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:49 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Quote:
Comparing anything to an iPhone is foolish. Their battery is better than anything I have seen with any other MP3 player or phone. The 1530 mAh battery on this Dell Mini can not last that long, I just simply do not believe it. We'll see when it is released.
It's not iPhones battery is great. It's how OSX handles it.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Too bad it only has 256 ram, kind of a bummer for a device this nice. Is that xvga resolution? 480x854?
Old 02-17-2010, 09:49 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
Too bad it only has 256 ram, kind of a bummer for a device this nice. Is that xvga resolution? 480x854?
That is considered WVGA
Old 02-17-2010, 10:18 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Quote:
Iphone 3G's original battery is 1150 mAh. If Dell did everything right, The Mini 5 will have no problem at all.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion