PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Treo Pro Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   CFay 6.5 Rom! CEOS 5.2.21324 ! Windows Mobile 6.5! 1.54 FINAL Uploaded with Fixes. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84935)

jaydube 09-18-2009 09:58 AM

Re: CFay 6.5 Rom! CEOS 5.2.21324 ! Windows Mobile 6.5!

CFay is the bomb. have been waiting for this rom like for ever. no apologies needed. Thanks to CFay, Cmonex, budney and all who made this possible. U r all incredible.

00_MACKIE_00 09-18-2009 10:53 AM

I have installed all my software and applied a few fixes mentioned in this thread. I am now having one last problem with my sound notifications. I dont know why my email notification is just making a beeping noise even when I have set a specific sound. Texts and phone calls are the same way. I tried putting my ring sounds in Windows/Rings and also in the ringer folder in my documents, same result both ways. I use the same sounds I used on 6.1 with no issues.

Anyone got any ideas? I been pulling out my hair to see if I missed something easy or if there is a bigger problem somewhere.

I have found also that when you set your desired sound, once you hit ok and go back to the today screen and come back to the notifications tab, you can no longer change the sound for text or email or MMS because the drop down menu is gone until you soft reset the device.

caseyatbt 09-18-2009 11:42 AM

I am having PowerVision issues. I had to create a new connection in order for my POP mail account to work. I have never had to do that before. And I cannot get pTunes to stream. I thought that CorePlayer wouldn't stream either, but I realized it just locks up and I have to reset.

Malatesta 09-18-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1176091)
I have installed all my software and applied a few fixes mentioned in this thread. I am now having one last problem with my sound notifications. I dont know why my email notification is just making a beeping noise even when I have set a specific sound. Texts and phone calls are the same way. I tried putting my ring sounds in Windows/Rings and also in the ringer folder in my documents, same result both ways. I use the same sounds I used on 6.1 with no issues.

Anyone got any ideas? I been pulling out my hair to see if I missed something easy or if there is a bigger problem somewhere.

I have found also that when you set your desired sound, once you hit ok and go back to the today screen and come back to the notifications tab, you can no longer change the sound for text or email or MMS because the drop down menu is gone until you soft reset the device.

Do you use PDANet by chance?

00_MACKIE_00 09-18-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malatesta (Post 1176247)
Do you use PDANet by chance?

No I do not use PDANET.

Lists of apps:

MWC3- listed in this thread
SOTI Pocket Controller
Cody IE downgrade and toggle
.Net CF 3.5
Pocketrar
Pocket Express
Camfrog Mobile
Treocentral Reset App
Weatherwacher
Google Maps
Core Player
Facebook
Hi Calc
Fring
Modaco No data
Pocket Quicken
Pocket Timer
Nascar Sprint Cup Mobile
Bejewled
Sudoku
Taskmgr
NFL Mobile Live
Wunderradio
PockeTwit
Skyfire
SRS Labs WOW HD
dotnetideas Unitconverter
TMS Airport codes
TCPMP
Pocket Tunes
Sprint Tv
Resco Explorer and Registry add-in

Malatesta 09-18-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1176275)
No I do not use PDANET.

Lists of apps:

Well sh*t then, lol. I dunno, you figure it out. That's way too many apps to guess what could be causing that ringer issue, especially since on a normal boot of this OS it's not a problem.

00_MACKIE_00 09-18-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malatesta (Post 1176678)
Well sh*t then, lol. I dunno, you figure it out. That's way too many apps to guess what could be causing that ringer issue, especially since on a normal boot of this OS it's not a problem.

It magically fixed itself, not sure how..I am not changing the sounds again, I have them set like I want them. Thanks for the reply though.

EDIT: Problem came back, I cannot figure this out.

profanehstle 09-18-2009 06:57 PM

Im having issues flashing the ROM. i took all the required steps, but while going thru installation, it just sits at 0% and Connection Error 262 comes up. im not sure why, any help?

flash67 09-18-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubguru (Post 1171422)
Okay folks, it's fixed! NO SCREEN LOCKS DURING CALL! The reason you don't see it is because it's a Palm program that's doing it, not part of a normal Windows core. I've tried to get the icon for KeyGuard to appear in the control panel, but no go.

Here's the fix that will prevent the screen from locking in call. And it sticks! :)

You're going to need a registry editor. I like CeRegistryEditor found at this link.
http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/index.php?id=3

Here's the key to edit:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\KeyTouch
In that key, you'll find a Dword value for "OnCallToday" that's set to "1".
Change this to a 0. Wait thirty seconds and soft reset. BAM!!! No screen lock! :)

Cfay, is there ANY way to disable the Windows wait cursor? It's driving me nuts!! :D

God i love you, thank you so much !!

acidhax 09-18-2009 08:51 PM

I'm curious, With the screen permanently unlocked, how do you talk on the phone without your cheek playing with the menu's?

veedubguru 09-18-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acidhax (Post 1177564)
I'm curious, With the screen permanently unlocked, how do you talk on the phone without your cheek playing with the menu's?

I think tapping the power button on top of the phone will switch off the screen while in call. Then you can press again to reactivate.

00_MACKIE_00 09-18-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acidhax (Post 1177564)

Top button. It works awesome, one of the best things I like about this rom.

flash67 09-18-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubguru (Post 1171629)
Here's a fix for the spinning dots otherwise knows as the dreaded "Windows wait cursor that won't die"! LOL

Download MWC3 from XDA, you'll find the link below. Once you install it, go into programs and start it by click on MWC3. Once it's running, go back into programs and select MWC3 config. Use the following settings.

Splash screen: off
Autostart: on
Boot delay: 4s
Cursor timeout 1s
Start delay: 0.9s

Then swipe your finger across the screen from right to left and choose the "Diamond White" cursor. Then hit the checkmark box at the bottom right.

What will happen is when the wait cursor is called for by Windows, it will wait .9 seconds and pull up the "Diamond White" cursor instead. Now remember that timeout you set at 1 second? That's when it will dissapear. That means it start's and stops in one tenth of a second. So at worst, you'll see it briefly flash on the screen and disappear. Most often, I never see it at all.

Beauty of it is, it runs as a service so you won't see it in task manager. It will auto start with Windows after soft resets. And it appears to use very little memory. In fact, since I've installed it in this manner the device runs faster. I SWEAR! :) When I'm using file explorer, it flys. Try going in to your windows folder and see how fast it opens. Apparently the "Spinning dots" bug was actually slowing this thing down! :D

SPECIAL THANKS TO MARSHALL07 @ XDA FOR THIS BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN PROGRAM!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=497196
Or on his own site here:
http://www.marshallskins.ilbello.com.../downloads.php

All these awesome fixes... thank you so much!

lalord69 09-19-2009 09:14 AM

any one knows how to disable the automatic lock button? ((the one that you have to press the middle button to use the phone))

I am trying to install s2u2 but the lock app its messing it up and i need it disable and i dont see the option cooked in the rom.

housej55 09-19-2009 10:05 AM

My update to the 6.5 seemed to work out pretty good. I am taking Malatesta's advice on not moving to 6.5.1. I do seem to have a little less free memory now averaging around 13mb, but overall the device is not locking up or anything.

A Few Questions

1) Are the themes specific to the device or can I download any theme for 6.5? I like the touch flo theme on the new Touch Pro 2 but this may render my device useless with what little memory I have.

2) Roaming - I see there is a Automatic A and Automatic B, anyone know what the differences are?

3) For the old software like Sprite Backup, Oz IM etc.. am I able to get that from Sprint's site somehow?

Thanks

chris5h 09-19-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by housej55 (Post 1178554)
My update to the 6.5 seemed to work out pretty good. I am taking Malatesta's advice on not moving to 6.5.1. I do seem to have a little less free memory now averaging around 13mb, but overall the device is not locking up or anything.

A Few Questions

1) Are the themes specific to the device or can I download any theme for 6.5? I like the touch flo theme on the new Touch Pro 2 but this may render my device useless with what little memory I have.

2) Roaming - I see there is a Automatic A and Automatic B, anyone know what the differences are?

3) For the old software like Sprite Backup, Oz IM etc.. am I able to get that from Sprint's site somehow?

Thanks

Themes should work fine bust most of the WinMo 6.5 cHome/Titan mods were made for VGA/QVGA res devices so they show up weird on our square resolution screen.

As far as the old software, you cannot download them from Sprint, but I ripped most of them and posted them here:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85432

and Cfay posted Sprite here:
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85748

Not sure about the roaming thing though.

koolcdj69 09-19-2009 01:12 PM

Anyone know how to disable keyguard in wm6.5 (not wm 6.5.1) rom? Or auto-key guard? I don't see an option in there.

ra1254 09-19-2009 01:52 PM

Phone does not flash all the way, gets stuck at 21%. Samething with SD card. any thoughts?

lalord69 09-19-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalord69 (Post 1178502)
any one knows how to disable the automatic lock button? ((the one that you have to press the middle button to use the phone))

I am trying to install s2u2 but the lock app its messing it up and i need it disable and i dont see the option cooked in the rom.

found the fix,

This is how I disabled Keylock.

First disable the option in the settings.

Then go to HKLM/Services/KGUServ

Rename the KeyGuardUI.dll. I renamed mine to KeyGuardUI.dll2, saved the change and restarted the phone.

davidck65 09-19-2009 05:43 PM

Problem with IE6 and RealVGA

I installed Ebag's RealVGA successfully immediately after flashing ROM. It seems to work fine except that it is causing IE6 not to run. It starts and then immediately closes. I installed Cody's IE6 toggle and if I switch to PIE it works fine but the flash enabled IE6 will not load. Anyone else have this issue and have a fix?

veedubguru 09-19-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koolcdj69 (Post 1178917)
Anyone know how to disable keyguard in wm6.5 (not wm 6.5.1) rom? Or auto-key guard? I don't see an option in there.

Posted this back on page 6.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=56

caseyatbt 09-19-2009 10:55 PM

Re: Problem with IE6 and RealVGA

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidck65 (Post 1179322)
I installed Ebag's RealVGA successfully immediately after flashing ROM. It seems to work fine except that it is causing IE6 not to run. It starts and then immediately closes. I installed Cody's IE6 toggle and if I switch to PIE it works fine but the flash enabled IE6 will not load. Anyone else have this issue and have a fix?

Same problem here. Also, my Resco File Explorer turned gray.

RealVGA looks great though.

ericmanoa 09-20-2009 08:00 AM

It seems that there are missing resources related to Internet Sharing and GPS in the 6.5 rom. As I've mentioned previously Internet Sharing does not offer the option to connect via either USB or bluetooth so you can't even get to the sprint connection(on my phone at least). As far as GPS, there is no option to turn on/off GPS as with the stock rom and the default seems to be that GPS is off. Has anyone else been able to get GPS/sprint navigation or Internet Sharing to work on 6.5? Thanks in advance!

GPS does work but still no way to turn on and off for battery savings or privacy. The only to tell if it is on is in the "phone" screen (green button) you can see the GPS icon in the upper right hand corner.

veedubguru 09-20-2009 10:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericmanoa (Post 1180350)
Has anyone else been able to get GPS/sprint navigation or Internet Sharing to work on 6.5? Thanks in advance!

Try this for the internet sharing. MIGHT work, not sure.

ericmanoa 09-20-2009 02:22 PM

I forgot to thank you for sending me that previously I did try it to no avail but thanks.

At least on my phone with 6.5, Internet Sharing doesn't even give you the option to 'connect' all you can really do is toggle back and forth between 'usb' and 'bluetooth PAN' so a hack won't really come into play yet.

Can any other users of 6.5 access Internet Sharing?

Thanks

cardenas5810 09-21-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubguru (Post 1171629)
Here's a fix for the spinning dots otherwise knows as the dreaded "Windows wait cursor that won't die"! LOL

Download MWC3 from XDA, you'll find the link below. Once you install it, go into programs and start it by click on MWC3. Once it's running, go back into programs and select MWC3 config. Use the following settings.

Splash screen: off
Autostart: on
Boot delay: 4s
Cursor timeout 1s
Start delay: 0.9s

Then swipe your finger across the screen from right to left and choose the "Diamond White" cursor. Then hit the checkmark box at the bottom right.

What will happen is when the wait cursor is called for by Windows, it will wait .9 seconds and pull up the "Diamond White" cursor instead. Now remember that timeout you set at 1 second? That's when it will dissapear. That means it start's and stops in one tenth of a second. So at worst, you'll see it briefly flash on the screen and disappear. Most often, I never see it at all.

Beauty of it is, it runs as a service so you won't see it in task manager. It will auto start with Windows after soft resets. And it appears to use very little memory. In fact, since I've installed it in this manner the device runs faster. I SWEAR! :) When I'm using file explorer, it flys. Try going in to your windows folder and see how fast it opens. Apparently the "Spinning dots" bug was actually slowing this thing down! :D

SPECIAL THANKS TO MARSHALL07 @ XDA FOR THIS BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN PROGRAM!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=497196
Or on his own site here:
http://www.marshallskins.ilbello.com.../downloads.php

thank you i was looking for this!!

housej55 09-23-2009 09:04 AM

Anyone having a problem with Media player playing older videos from the old 1.04 ROM ?

For Roaming, anyone know what the difference between Automatic A and Automatic B is?

Thanks in advance,

doubleu 09-24-2009 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i haven't seen Activesync do this in a looong time (pocketpc 2003 days?), but how do you get rid of the tray icon for the activesync/usb connection on the device?

koolcdj69 09-26-2009 06:39 PM

Hello I can't connect to data connection anymore after this ROM! When i start up internet explorer it says "Connecting: Phone As Modem Dialing #777" even though before the ROM upgrade it used to say "Connecting: Powervison #777".
Now it is only connected on like text messages and calls but no internet. Please help!

luv2drum 09-28-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsDon (Post 1171304)
If I am running SPB Mobile Shell 3 on my phone and like it (I do) is there any real reason to load 6.5 (or 6.5.1)? My phone is running great now (actually it always has) and SPB MS pretty much hides everything Microsoft. I was a HUGE fan of flashing my Touch pro (did it 2-3 times a week between MightyMike, Juicy, Silence!) and loved the thrill of it all but almost always ended up back with WM6.1 because it just 'worked'.

Other than the 'thrill' does 6.5 offer any real benefits for the Treo Pro? If it didn't introduce any new bugs and fixed some existing ones (better battery, missing first letter of SMS etc.) I'll be all over it.

This question was never answered and it's the same situation I'm in. Can anyone give some insight as to the benefits of 6.5 over 6.1 with SPB Mobile Shell 3? Thanks!!

caseyatbt 09-28-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koolcdj69 (Post 1195802)
Hello I can't connect to data connection anymore after this ROM! When i start up internet explorer it says "Connecting: Phone As Modem Dialing #777" even though before the ROM upgrade it used to say "Connecting: Powervison #777".
Now it is only connected on like text messages and calls but no internet. Please help!

Use a program called NoData. You can toggle off PAM and only use PowerVision.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86136

ericmanoa 09-28-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2drum (Post 1198997)
This question was never answered and it's the same situation I'm in. Can anyone give some insight as to the benefits of 6.5 over 6.1 with SPB Mobile Shell 3? Thanks!!

Well having been a 6.1/MS3 user and now a 6.5 user I would say that this comparison is apples and oranges. 6.5 is much nicer than 6.1 -getting rid of scroll bars and getting flick-able menus is a huge improvement. So is the fact that the start menu is now a whole page and not a item limited pull down menu. So any time to have to leave SPB and interact with winmo you will probably like 6.5 better. What I miss about spb 3.0 is that I liked to load up my screen with the programs I use and go straight to them versus having to go to the start menu first...and the ease of assigning Facebook pictures to my contacts that was really nice in 3.0.

I also tried using spb 3.0 with 6.5 and it worked fine...though memory can get a little tight depending on what other applications you are using. What I found was that I tended to stay with 6.5 and would occasionally jump over to 3.0...your experience may differ.

Have fun.

CFay 09-28-2009 05:24 PM

Re: CFay 6.5 Rom! CEOS 5.2.21324 ! Windows Mobile 6.5! FINAL 1.52 RELEASE

1.52 RELEASED. This is my final release. Enjoy. Thanks for all the support. See yall in the Touch Pro2 section!
-CFay

tt531 09-28-2009 05:34 PM

Is this any different from the early release the donaters received?

CFay 09-28-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt531 (Post 1200178)
Is this any different from the early release the donaters received?

Nope
-CFay

acidhax 09-28-2009 11:27 PM

Memory usage has gone way down with the latest rom :)

00_MACKIE_00 09-29-2009 08:50 AM

I love this rom, thanks Cfay. :headbang:

however, voicecommand is not announcing incoming calls for me, just as the stock rom from Sprint didnt. It doesnt make alot of sense to me since 6.5.1 did announce the incoming calls. I turned on Voicecommand and also check the box for announce incoming calls through device speaker. I am not using anything but the stock ringtones as well.

Anyone else having this issue?

gksmithlcw 09-29-2009 07:55 PM

Hey, CFay... When installing this ROM it shows itself as version '1.51'... Did you forget to change it or did you package up the wrong ROM?

Thanks!

jpiden 09-29-2009 09:49 PM

I reverted back to the stock 1.04 rom and noticed I could not install the Ringer Fix from Palm (states that software version is incorrect). Does WM 6.5 require this fix? Any way to get this fix working again on Stock 1.04 rom??

CFay 09-29-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpiden (Post 1203062)
Hey, CFay... When installing this ROM it shows itself as version '1.51'... Did you forget to change it or did you package up the wrong ROM?

Thanks!

Forgot to change it ](*,) 1.51 was the build that donators got before 1.52.
-CFay