PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Treo Pro Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   CFay 6.5 Rom! CEOS 5.2.21324 ! Windows Mobile 6.5! 1.54 FINAL Uploaded with Fixes. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84935)

acidhax 09-16-2009 03:38 PM

Re: CFay 6.5 Rom! CEOS 5.2.21324 ! Windows Mobile 6.5!

I am able to unlock the screen and use speakerphone with this Rom... In your call just use your Palm D-PAD and navigate through the menu, and select Unlock with the Palm Orb... ?

00_MACKIE_00 09-16-2009 03:40 PM

Ok I figured that part out but is there a way to keep it unlocked for good? For someone that makes alot of calls, it could be kinda a pain. I dont know if this is by design or what.

gksmithlcw 09-16-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1170748)
Ok I figured that part out but is there a way to keep it unlocked for good? For someone that makes alot of calls, it could be kinda a pain. I dont know if this is by design or what.

That's how it works on the stock ROM, too, so I'd have to say that it is by design.

Malatesta 09-16-2009 03:49 PM

Speakerphone

Folks, I'm gonna drop some knowledge that'll blow your mind :mrgreen:

Basically in all WM6.x builds, if you hold down the Green phone key during a call...it toggles speakerphone on/off. No need to unlock the screen.

And it works with this build too ;-)
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidhax (Post 1170740)
I am able to unlock the screen and use speakerphone with this Rom... In your call just use your Palm D-PAD and navigate through the menu, and select Unlock with the Palm Orb... ?

veedubguru 09-16-2009 04:01 PM

Re: Speakerphone

Quote:

Originally Posted by gksmithlcw (Post 1170781)
That's how it works on the stock ROM, too, so I'd have to say that it is by design.

Acutally, there is an option to disable the screen lock in the stock rom. My wife had me do it to both Treo Pros she's had so that she can call in to her companies automated system where additional dialing is needed to navigate through the call menu. She prefers the use of the on screen dialpad. But the option IS there on the stock rom if you look for it. It's under Start - Settings - Personal Tab - Keygaurd - Disable Touchscreen While on call. At least that's where I kinda remember it was, but it's for sure there. As soon as my wife gets home with her treo pro, I'll dig into the registry and find out if there's a key to enable that "Keyguard" option in the control panel. I'll check the 800W I have here and see if I can find it, then match it on her device and report back with instructions if this is possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malatesta (Post 1170784)
Folks, I'm gonna drop some knowledge that'll blow your mind :mrgreen:

Basically in all WM6.x builds, if you hold down the Green phone key during a call...it toggles speakerphone on/off. No need to unlock the screen.

And it works with this build too ;-)

That's cool! Heck, I didn't even know that! MIND is BLOWN! :)

Just wish there was a way to keep the screen on though for the reason I posted just above this. :(

tt531 09-16-2009 04:05 PM

Anyone having battery life issues? Any solutions?

ericmanoa 09-16-2009 04:21 PM

My battery life has been ok-good

I miss being able to permanently unlock screen during a call.

Does Anyone have Internet Sharing working on 6.5.2?

Still can't figure out how to delete an errant email account...this was easy in 6.1.

CFay 09-16-2009 04:36 PM

Ericmanoa X2 THANKS!
Gksmithlcw
Malatesta
Kenny Tran
Central Florida Sales

THANKS to the following donators!

tt531 09-16-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt531 (Post 1170843)
Anyone having battery life issues? Any solutions?

I have SEVEN, and Skyfire installed. I charged my battery this morning, went to work, spoke to my husband for 30 min. and by 4 pm my battery is completely dead. I did notice that loading icon when outlook was open. Could that be wearing the battery down? I did a soft reset at 16% to see if that would help but the battery died like 30 minutes later. I used 6.5.1 with the same apps yesterday and didn't have a problem.

veedubguru 09-16-2009 05:17 PM

Well the screen locking on incoming call is related to a Palm service that may not be in the rom. I have to check when my wife gets home if her's has the appropriate dll file cooked in, and that service as well. If she does, then I have a regedit fix that will get everyones screen to stay on and unlocked while in call.

Will report back in the next hour and a half with details. Keep your fingers crossed!

ericmanoa 09-16-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubguru (Post 1171068)
Well the screen locking on incoming call is related to a Palm service that may not be in the rom. I have to check when my wife gets home if her's has the appropriate dll file cooked in, and that service as well. If she does, then I have a regedit fix that will get everyones screen to stay on and unlocked while in call.

Will report back in the next hour and a half with details. Keep your fingers crossed!

That would be great...

Also it seems that with the current email client...in addition to not having a way (I can find) to delete email accounts that

there is no option to leave email on the server...pull down menu only has delete mail from server OR move mail to the trash...unlike the stock rom...but maybe I'm overlooking something.

ericmanoa 09-16-2009 06:22 PM

OK...if anyone cares...to delete email accounts you on can't do it through tools-options as in 6.1...you go in through "messenging" in the start menu.

gksmithlcw 09-16-2009 06:37 PM

Re: Speakerphone

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubguru (Post 1170832)
Acutally, there is an option to disable the screen lock in the stock rom. My wife had me do it to both Treo Pros she's had so that she can call in to her companies automated system where additional dialing is needed to navigate through the call menu. She prefers the use of the on screen dialpad. But the option IS there on the stock rom if you look for it. It's under Start - Settings - Personal Tab - Keygaurd - Disable Touchscreen While on call. At least that's where I kinda remember it was, but it's for sure there. As soon as my wife gets home with her treo pro, I'll dig into the registry and find out if there's a key to enable that "Keyguard" option in the control panel. I'll check the 800W I have here and see if I can find it, then match it on her device and report back with instructions if this is possible.

I didn't think that was the same thing... And there's no such option in 6.5? That's odd for sure...

ItsDon 09-16-2009 06:51 PM

If I am running SPB Mobile Shell 3 on my phone and like it (I do) is there any real reason to load 6.5 (or 6.5.1)? My phone is running great now (actually it always has) and SPB MS pretty much hides everything Microsoft. I was a HUGE fan of flashing my Touch pro (did it 2-3 times a week between MightyMike, Juicy, Silence!) and loved the thrill of it all but almost always ended up back with WM6.1 because it just 'worked'.

Other than the 'thrill' does 6.5 offer any real benefits for the Treo Pro? If it didn't introduce any new bugs and fixed some existing ones (better battery, missing first letter of SMS etc.) I'll be all over it.

davidck65 09-16-2009 07:31 PM

Can someone list the specific steps needed to install these ROM's? Do I run it from the synced PC or off a microSD card? What file do I run? Thanks in advance.

veedubguru 09-16-2009 07:57 PM

Okay folks, it's fixed! NO SCREEN LOCKS DURING CALL! The reason you don't see it is because it's a Palm program that's doing it, not part of a normal Windows core. I've tried to get the icon for KeyGuard to appear in the control panel, but no go.

Here's the fix that will prevent the screen from locking in call. And it sticks! :)

You're going to need a registry editor. I like CeRegistryEditor found at this link.
http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/index.php?id=3

Here's the key to edit:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\KeyTouch
In that key, you'll find a Dword value for "OnCallToday" that's set to "1".
Change this to a 0. Wait thirty seconds and soft reset. BAM!!! No screen lock! :)

Cfay, is there ANY way to disable the Windows wait cursor? It's driving me nuts!! :D

CFay 09-16-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubguru (Post 1171422)
Okay folks, it's fixed! NO SCREEN LOCKS DURING CALL! The reason you don't see it is because it's a Palm program that's doing it, not part of a normal Windows core. I've tried to get the icon for KeyGuard to appear in the control panel, but no go.

Here's the fix that will prevent the screen from locking in call. And it sticks! :)

You're going to need a registry editor. I like CeRegistryEditor found at this link.

Here's the key to edit:
Change this to a 0. Wait thirty seconds and soft reset. BAM!!! No screen lock! :)

Cfay, is there ANY way to disable the Windows wait cursor? It's driving me nuts!! :D

Unfortunately with the wait cursor that is a bug that has elluded me for the longest time, I cant for the life of me figure out whats causing it, it used to plague me on the home screen but I had cmonex patch a file to stop the loading icon on home. I dont know whats causing it and have spent mannnny hours of debugging try to figure it out.
-CFay.

00_MACKIE_00 09-16-2009 08:38 PM

[QUOTE=veedubguru;1171422]Okay folks, it's fixed! NO SCREEN LOCKS DURING CALL! The reason you don't see it is because it's a Palm program that's doing it, not part of a normal Windows core. I've tried to get the icon for KeyGuard to appear in the control panel, but no go.

Here's the key to edit:

AWESOME!!!! I love the feedback we're coming up with.

veedubguru 09-16-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFay (Post 1171468)
Unfortunately with the wait cursor that is a bug that has elluded me for the longest time, I cant for the life of me figure out whats causing it, it used to plague me on the home screen but I had cmonex patch a file to stop the loading icon on home. I dont know whats causing it and have spent mannnny hours of debugging try to figure it out.
-CFay.

Wonder if there's a way to edit them out of shellres.96.dll. Like replace the images with empty (totally clear) .pngs.

veedubguru 09-16-2009 09:13 PM

Here's a fix for the spinning dots otherwise knows as the dreaded "Windows wait cursor that won't die"! LOL

Download MWC3 from XDA, you'll find the link below. Once you install it, go into programs and start it by click on MWC3. Once it's running, go back into programs and select MWC3 config. Use the following settings.

Splash screen: off
Autostart: on
Boot delay: 4s
Cursor timeout 1s
Start delay: 0.9s

Then swipe your finger across the screen from right to left and choose the "Diamond White" cursor. Then hit the checkmark box at the bottom right.

What will happen is when the wait cursor is called for by Windows, it will wait .9 seconds and pull up the "Diamond White" cursor instead. Now remember that timeout you set at 1 second? That's when it will dissapear. That means it start's and stops in one tenth of a second. So at worst, you'll see it briefly flash on the screen and disappear. Most often, I never see it at all.

Beauty of it is, it runs as a service so you won't see it in task manager. It will auto start with Windows after soft resets. And it appears to use very little memory. In fact, since I've installed it in this manner the device runs faster. I SWEAR! :) When I'm using file explorer, it flys. Try going in to your windows folder and see how fast it opens. Apparently the "Spinning dots" bug was actually slowing this thing down! :D

SPECIAL THANKS TO MARSHALL07 @ XDA FOR THIS BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN PROGRAM!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=497196
Or on his own site here:
http://www.marshallskins.ilbello.com.../downloads.php

veedubguru 09-16-2009 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Who's good at editing cabs? I believe that just the XML portion needs edited to accept the version of Windows mobile that this rom has. It's the ringer fix release from Palm that has all the new dlls for phone canvas. When I run it on this rom, it comes up with an error about the device being the wrong software version.

Who want's to tweak a cab for us all? :D

veedubguru 09-16-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericmanoa (Post 1171172)
there is no option to leave email on the server...pull down menu only has delete mail from server OR move mail to the trash...unlike the stock rom...but maybe I'm overlooking something.

Very strange. On mine when I go in to messaging and go to options, I tap my email account and go to Send / Recieve Schedule then Advance Settings, I can select to leave on server or delete just like always. Strange yours doesn't have it, mine works just fine. Maybe hard reset and see if that fixes it?

ericmanoa 09-16-2009 09:55 PM

...well I'm glad that you have that option...it gives me hope. Before the flash I had that option with this email account now it's just gone...I'll try to delete and re-add the account first then the hard reset as you suggest.

BTW thanks a bunch I did the regedit for the unlock call screen and the MWC3 add...nice fixes thanks!

-Eric

CFay 09-16-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericmanoa (Post 1171755)
...well I'm glad that you have that option...it gives me hope. Before the flash I had that option with this email account now it's just gone...I'll try to delete and re-add the account first then the hard reset as you suggest.

BTW thanks a bunch I did the regedit for the unlock call screen and the MWC3 add...nice fixes thanks!

-Eric

Working with cmonex now on a loading icon fix so yall dont have to do all that with the program. Also will incorporate the reg edit for phone into final release.
-Cfay

veedubguru 09-16-2009 10:10 PM

Awsome! Thanks for all your hard work! Can't wait to see it with the fixes. Was that TreoProRingerFix.cab already included in the build?

GlitterKill 09-16-2009 10:15 PM

Yup, RealVGA runs great for me as well on this version of the ROM. I use the version made especially for the Treo Pro by Ebag: http://discussion.treocentral.com/treo-pro/177819-realvga-switcher-treo-pro-increase-your-screen-space.html .

I found that when the cursor is stuck on screen, if you can bring up one of the stock finger-friendly menus, then hit one of the scroll buttons at the top or bottom, it goes away.

I was going to try to install MWC3 today since I normally use it and was hoping it might clear up the issue. Glad to hear it has. :)

Does anyone have any info about skinning those stock, finger-friendly WM65 menus? Can they be disabled in order to run the FingerSuite posted at XDA? That suite and the Showcase task switcher ALWAYS get installed on my phone. :) Showcase works great so far on this ROM.

Also, I tried the chainfire GFXBoost service install but after reboot the app shows: "ERROR - Library not found: ConcurrenceMgr.dll" Any ideas where I can get that .dll to drop in windows folder to see what happens? :)

So far the main changes I found between 6.1 and 6.5 are the stock finger-menus, the start menu, and some aesthetic tweaks here and there. Overall the ROM runs really great, even though it seems to use 10MB more RAM than my stock ROM setup did (when leaving out the Titan JRE). Does this ROM have a JRE installed by default?

Glad to see some of the bugs are getting worked out!

CFay 09-16-2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubguru (Post 1171815)
Awsome! Thanks for all your hard work! Can't wait to see it with the fixes. Was that TreoProRingerFix.cab already included in the build?

No it was not, inspecting the cab now, it seems to be just a phonecanvas cab... weird. Ill cook it in though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitterKill (Post 1171836)
Yup, RealVGA runs great for me as well on this version of the ROM. I use the version made especially for the Treo Pro by Ebag: http://discussion.treocentral.com/treo-pro/177819-realvga-switcher-treo-pro-increase-your-screen-space.html .

I found that when the cursor is stuck on screen, if you can bring up one of the stock finger-friendly menus, then hit one of the scroll buttons at the top or bottom, it goes away.

I was going to try to install MWC3 today since I normally use it and was hoping it might clear up the issue. Glad to hear it has. :)

Does anyone have any info about skinning those stock, finger-friendly WM65 menus? Can they be disabled in order to run the FingerSuite posted at XDA? That suite and the Showcase task switcher ALWAYS get installed on my phone. :) Showcase works great so far on this ROM.

Also, I tried the chainfire GFXBoost service install but after reboot the app shows: "ERROR - Library not found: ConcurrenceMgr.dll" Any ideas where I can get that .dll to drop in windows folder to see what happens? :)

So far the main changes I found between 6.1 and 6.5 are the stock finger-menus, the start menu, and some aesthetic tweaks here and there. Overall the ROM runs really great, even though it seems to use 10MB more RAM than my stock ROM setup did (when leaving out the Titan JRE). Does this ROM have a JRE installed by default?

Glad to see some of the bugs are getting worked out!

Titan JRE is NOT in the rom. Working on ironing out all the bugs now.

Please everyone keep in mind that I had no one to beta test this rom as it was secret for awhile so yes there are bugs. Im sorry for that. Ill continue working on the rom tomorrow but i need to get some sleep. Also this will more than likely be my last release for the Treo if I deem it good enough for a release.
-CFay.

00_MACKIE_00 09-16-2009 10:32 PM

Is anyone having issues with the Pro locking up when using My Mobiler?

Malatesta 09-17-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFay (Post 1171865)

Please everyone keep in mind that I had no one to beta test this rom as it was secret for awhile so yes there are bugs. Im sorry for that. Ill continue working on the rom tomorrow but i need to get some sleep. Also this will more than likely be my last release for the Treo if I deem it good enough for a release.
-CFay.

lol, don't apologize! This ROM is like 97% solid as a rock--it runs really well. Sure there's a few hiccups here and there, but this *is* WM after all, it's never perfect ;-) All I know is I'm really digging this version so far.

Malatesta 09-17-2009 01:13 AM

Marshal Cursors

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubguru (Post 1171629)
In fact, since I've installed it in this manner the device runs faster. I SWEAR! :) When I'm using file explorer, it flys. Try going in to your windows folder and see how fast it opens. Apparently the "Spinning dots" bug was actually slowing this thing down! :D

+1

Though I've noticed this on other devices too, in fact I do notice a particular improvement in graphics speed/loading of apps using this with the TP/WM6.5--perhaps this should go in the next ROM too?

4wheelfurry 09-17-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malatesta (Post 1172332)
lol, don't apologize! This ROM is like 97% solid as a rock--it runs really well. Sure there's a few hiccups here and there, but this *is* WM after all, it's never perfect ;-) All I know is I'm really digging this version so far.

Man no lie don't apologize this ROM is the shiznit. 97% or better and out of a untested beta build, dude... LOL

Man I finally got around to unlocking and flashed this ROM last night. I LOVE THIS ROM!!! I run a 21XXX build on my vogue and I don't know how I lived without kenetic scrolling system wide for so long!

With a few tweaks this ROM will be the rom of choice for the TPro!!

I guess my only gripe is memory usage but I don't know if it is the phones hardware or how Palm configured everything... It sure is high but still so fast so I guess its OK, just have to remember can't leave to many programs open..

chainfire 09-17-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitterKill (Post 1171836)

(also at chef)

On HTC devices the ConcurrenceMgr package is very important in "high performance" (in quotes because it is never really high ;)) apps. It arbitrates between various programs which one can use the "DMA"-like channel available. Having it properly installed and configured may increase performance of apps like camera, media player, audio manager, youtube, etc.

I would definitely not advise to install this just as a .DLL. Perhaps a CAB file can be constructed that will install all relevant files, registry entries, certificates, and whatnot, however it should really be integrated in ROM

Anyway, GlitterKill, you claimed it working for you in my thread last week. Was that on a different ROM? If so, I would suggest dumping that ROM and extracting the ConcurrenceMgr package from that.

ericmanoa 09-17-2009 01:25 PM

Does anyone have Internet Sharing working on 6.5? The "connect" option is not available on my phone...I seem to remember that it was available on 6.1 and that prehack the connection would be denied by the carrier. (my TRP was not one of the ones in which the IS worked out of the box it needed the hack).

4wheelfurry 09-17-2009 05:48 PM

Bug report

Since my wife has had time to run this rom through its paces and has found two bugs...
(1) when you scroll inside of the dialer the numbers blur together and you can't select a number.

(2) The default red button will no longer lock on press but will on hold. This one is not so bad because its still usable but #1 is a big bug

ericmanoa 09-17-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4wheelfurry (Post 1174162)
Bug report

Since my wife has had time to run this rom through its paces and has found two bugs...
(1) when you scroll inside of the dialer the numbers blur together and you can't select a number.

(2) The default red button will no longer lock on press but will on hold. This one is not so bad because its still usable but #1 is a big bug

Yup # 1 happens on my phone too.
#2 does not...my screen locks if I press or hold red button.

acidhax 09-17-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericmanoa (Post 1174179)
Yup # 1 happens on my phone too.
#2 does not...my screen locks if I press or hold red button.

#1 happens with the old contact list from the dialer, I'm sure its an MS oversight.. You can use the new contact list, and it works just fine..

mrgreen4242 09-17-2009 07:32 PM

I tried the 6.5.1 ROM today and I like it, but there's some small things here and there. Gonna try the 6.5 tomorrow or this weekend if I get a chance, mainly just to see if it's more stable and less ... quirky ... than 6.5.1. Anyways, one thing on 6.5.1 I noticed is the "lock" screen. You can't use the new 6.5 lock screen automatically? I can start it up hitting the lock button on the start menu page, but if you lock the screen by using the power button or red button it just uses the old "treo center button" lock banner. Does this work "properly" on 6.5?

ticalnza 09-17-2009 08:52 PM

Another bug I noticed is that OZ Instant Messenger nor Pandora connects to the network. :(

chris5h 09-17-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticalnza (Post 1174631)
Another bug I noticed is that OZ Instant Messenger nor Pandora connects to the network. :(

I dont use Pandora but to make Oz work:

1) Launch Oz. Tap Menu>Settings>Global Settings
2) Change "Connect" to "The Internet".
3) Go back, and sign in. It is ready to work.

ticalnza 09-17-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris5h (Post 1174683)
I dont use Pandora but to make Oz work:

1) Launch Oz. Tap Menu>Settings>Global Settings
2) Change "Connect" to "The Internet".
3) Go back, and sign in. It is ready to work.

That did the trick for OZ. Thanks a million!!! Now if only I can get Pandora to work. :mrgreen: