PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 02:39 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi View Post
Here are some xml templates for setting up exhange email, imap email, and wifi networks. Just open them up in notepad, and look for the XXXX's, and input your information. The imap template is setup for Gmail, so if you need it for a different imap service, just change the server addresses. Also don't forget to delete the .txt off the end.

The best way to backup your twitter and facebook integration, is to save pim.vol located on the root of your device, this contains all of your contacts with their pictures and call history. Your Facebook and twitter login info is stored in the registry at... HKLM/Software/HTC/HTCAccountManager, export this and save it as an app.reg in your kitchen. To restore it after a flash, you simply rename the existing pim.vol to pim.delete, then copy your old one over, once you reboot and facebook updates, it will relink all your contacts.

EDIT: I noticed an error with the xml's I had made, so I fixed them and reupped them. If you downloaded the first set that ended with .xml.txt, please delete them and grab these.
ok I tried to do this with the email and it didn't work. can't find my emails anywhere.
Is there a certain place this provxml has to go in the kitchen?

Old 04-18-2010, 03:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP, TP2, Imagio
Carrier: Alltel-Verizon

NEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
ok if anyone knows the reg location, I'll love you forever.
I am looking for the location for personal info in the reg. (name, address, etc).
I want to add it to my reg tweaks so I don't have to do it everytime.
HKCU\ControlPanel\Owner
I do this too, saves time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:05 AM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

ok, playing with 23114, no settings under start menu....
gonna go play with something else now.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:19 AM

Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-2 ][ v1.6 ][ 28232 / 23541 / 21893 / 21056 ] Calkulin's WVGA Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1d2catz View Post
You need to go to C:\Calkulin's WVGA Kitchen v1.6\EXT\Touch_Pro2\Common\Packages\Carrier - Sprint (OR whatever carrier you are using).. Open config_operator.txt with notepad. You will have something like this..

LOCK:Enabled
CFG: \Windows\Manila.txt
CFG: \Windows\Config.txt
CAB: \Windows\Calkulins_Touch_Pro2_Tweaks.cab
CAB: \Windows\New.cab
XML: \Windows\Start_Menu.xml
LOCKisabled

Add an extra line like the one in red above with your cab name.
Put this cab into this folder. (You will see Calkulins_Touch_Pro2_Tweaks.cab there)

C:\Calkulin's WVGA Kitchen v1.6\OEM\Touch_Pro2\Common\OEMMISC.

Hope this helps...

Hit the Thanks please.
found this digging through on trying to figure out the whole xda_uc thing.
does this mean that we can put any cab we want in here and it should install?
so basically, this is a sdconfig type setup, just built in?
Old 04-18-2010, 08:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
ok, playing with 23114, no settings under start menu....
gonna go play with something else now.

HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\HideSettings

change from 1 to 0

Droidrox39
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:25 AM

Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-2 ][ v1.6 ][ 28232 / 23541 / 21893 / 21056 ] Calkulin's WVGA Kitch

Quote:
ok, tried to add the BT ringtone fix through this way and first flash it gave me an xml error that I couldn't close, could move it around the screen, but couldn't close. So I took it out and reflashed and it is still giving me the error even though the file and the edit in the config.txt have been deleted.
any ideas where it might have copied it?
I run task29 before every flash, the only thing I can think of is it stuck to the radio or something.
trying to flash a 21647 ROM right now to see if it continues. would hate to have to redo the kitchen.

edit: fyi, love the buttons on the bottom of 21648 start menu, but I didn't get a taskbar at the top...
Old 04-18-2010, 08:39 AM

not sure what to do at this point, no matter what sys I try, I am getting this xml error even though I am not running that xml. deleted it completely from the kitchen so not sure what to do besides reloading the kitchen.
what a pain in the ass.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
not sure what to do at this point, no matter what sys I try, I am getting this xml error even though I am not running that xml. deleted it completely from the kitchen so not sure what to do besides reloading the kitchen.
what a pain in the ass.

I feel ya I keep a RAR'ed backup of my kitchen at all times, just in case. So I have my work kitchen and a RARed last known working kitchen. Running windows 7 use previous versions..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
ok if anyone knows the reg location, I'll love you forever.
I am looking for the location for personal info in the reg. (name, address, etc).
I want to add it to my reg tweaks so I don't have to do it everytime.
Create a folder for your package. inside of EXT> Shared>Packages

in the folder create an empty folder called: files

Create a new text document and rename it to app.reg (not in the files directory but in the root of the folder you created for your package)

put this into it:

change romversion to your rom name and date

you can also put all your other regedits in here.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM]
"ROMVersion"= nrfitchett4 's ROM""
"ROMDate"="04/18/2010"

I did not know about - HKCU\ControlPanel\Owner

Last edited by hthomas; 04-18-2010 at 09:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by william_fold View Post
Well, here they are! I didnt remove any of the modules or dlls from each tab, so if youre using the manila engine like it is set up in Calks kitchen, just go through each tab and remove them, they are already included in the Manila Engine 2.5.2012.1324 directory...
Quote:
Originally Posted by william_fold View Post
...and the rest...
This is the manila I just posted all seperated? WOW... IM amazed at your work. Thank you so much. BTW, any reason for the odd file names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Fix was- opened XDA_UC EXT App.reg w/notepad ++ and changed line 4 adding in the start folder name matching the one in initflashfiles.dat

was-
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\XDA\AutoShortCut]
"\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Task Manager.lnk"="\\Windows\\FS_TaskMgr.exe"

changed to-
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\XDA\AutoShortCut]
"\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs\\System Tools\\Task Manager.lnk"="\\Windows\\FS_TaskMgr.exe"
Anyway to just get rid of the task manager all together? I use the resco task manager and really dont care for any others in the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
i was correct on this one. just dropped in new ringtones into OEM\TP2\COMMON\OEMDrivers making sure they match the name of others starting Ring-"ringtone name". wav,mp3,ect. Next I went to OEM\TP2\0409\initflashfiles.dat scrolling down to ringtones and added in new ringtones accordingly. should look like this.

Directory("\Windows\Rings"):-File("Ring-Why Do I Need A Job.mp3","\Windows\Ring-Why Do I Need A Job.mp3")
make sure ringtone name matches and will show up in your sound and display menu ringtone list
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I will be using this myself as soon as I get there.

Quote:
Exactly. Supposedly is quicker and easier than other options, but I have yet to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
Create a folder for your package. inside of EXT> Shared>Packages

in the folder create an empty folder called: files

Create a new text document and rename it to app.reg (not in the files directory but in the root of the folder you created for your package)

put this into it:

change romversion to your rom name and date

you can also put all your other regedits in here.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM]
"ROMVersion"= nrfitchett4 's ROM""
"ROMDate"="04/18/2010"

I did not know about - HKCU\ControlPanel\Owner
Will do!

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development