PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

littlepigs99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
stuck

Ok, funny on the press harder...almost broke the phone the 2nd time!

Don't know if this helps, but since unlocking the phone earlier tonight, if i just do a normal hard reset, it gets stuck in that same screen.

I have tried both running it from the sd with the app and from the PC. Each time it gets stuck on that same screen.

have tried both energy rom and mighty rom, so quite baffled.

soft reset brings me back to my stock rom
Old 02-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
try taking the sd out and flashing from the pc again.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

littlepigs99 is a n00b
Big Thanks to Cornelius

Thanks, taking the sd card out did the trick. Not sure why the flash from SD didn't work, but the flashing from the PC was an easy process. My first flash and the energy rom has actually made the phone enjoyable to use.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Glad it worked. You need to properly format your SD card or possibly you have a bum one. That is if you want to flash from the SD instead of the PC.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2011, 11:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

cmptekinc is just getting started
Re: [HOW-TO] - - Flash a Rom or Radio and re-locking on your TP2 from the SD card

Guys, I'm a noob to custom roms, never used custom ROMs before, never unlocked my TP2 either. I liked what I saw in VIN Plutonium ROM, there is an article on the front page of Ppcgeeks.... Can somebody please explain why the phone needs to be relocked ? Also, can the TP2 be flashed back with Sprint original ROM in case it has to go back to repair for whatever reason?
Old 03-13-2011, 11:50 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [HOW-TO] - - Flash a Rom or Radio and re-locking on your TP2 from the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptekinc View Post
Guys, I'm a noob to custom roms, never used custom ROMs before, never unlocked my TP2 either. I liked what I saw in VIN Plutonium ROM, there is an article on the front page of Ppcgeeks.... Can somebody please explain why the phone needs to be relocked ? Also, can the TP2 be flashed back with Sprint original ROM in case it has to go back to repair for whatever reason?
relocking is only done when sending phone back to sprint if its getting replaced and yes stock roms are posted here and simple to flash.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: vzw

cozmic is a n00b

i read this post and couldn't find my answer so if anybody can help that would be great
my phone's touchscreen died - i got verizon to send me another replacement.
i now have to send the old one back and was attempting to put the stock rom back on and relock but something happened. it won't go past the HTC screen. (i did not relock the phone before trying to put the stock rom back on - not sure if it makes a difference)
i tried to flash a rom from the sd card (formatted to fat32) correctly renamed to RHODIMG.nbh
when i hard reset, it seems like it doesn't attempt to boot from the SD card - i've tried 2 different custom roms. and every attempt ends up with the same HTC screen from my failed attempt to reload the vzw stock rom.
any ideas?
thanks!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

cozmic is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmic View Post
i read this post and couldn't find my answer so if anybody can help that would be great
my phone's touchscreen died - i got verizon to send me another replacement.
i now have to send the old one back and was attempting to put the stock rom back on and relock but something happened. it won't go past the HTC screen. (i did not relock the phone before trying to put the stock rom back on - not sure if it makes a difference)
i tried to flash a rom from the sd card (formatted to fat32) correctly renamed to RHODIMG.nbh
when i hard reset, it seems like it doesn't attempt to boot from the SD card - i've tried 2 different custom roms. and every attempt ends up with the same HTC screen from my failed attempt to reload the vzw stock rom.
any ideas?
thanks!
got it to work - was performing a hard-reset (3 buttons)
once i only pressed Vol Down and Power (not holding send) it worked.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cozmic is a n00b

now i think i bricked it
1) loaded a custom rom and it was working.
2) tried to install the relocker - it got stuck "loading......" i read in another thread that the phone has to be locked before i can load the stock vzw update.
3) now i can't install anything. in the tri-color screen it gives me an error message, but i can't read it before it goes to "loading....." again.

is there any help for this? i doubt i can send it back to vzw like this.

thanks in advance!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmic View Post
now i think i bricked it
1) loaded a custom rom and it was working.
2) tried to install the relocker - it got stuck "loading......" i read in another thread that the phone has to be locked before i can load the stock vzw update.
3) now i can't install anything. in the tri-color screen it gives me an error message, but i can't read it before it goes to "loading....." again.

is there any help for this? i doubt i can send it back to vzw like this.

thanks in advance!
remove your sd card (or just delete all NBH files that are on the sd card) and run stock verizon ruu update from your PC via usb cable.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
flash, radio, rom, sd