PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VERIZON TP2
Carrier: tmobile

hollywood468 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlocker

if tp2 is cdma and gms can someone tell why i cant flash a gms rom to a verizon phone. not just youll brick it?????????????
Old 01-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Lurker

hollywood468 is a n00b

do you have your network to manual
Old 01-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Lurker

hollywood468 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by luanyiking View Post
No, mine is Sprint TP2. I want to unlock it and have it work on ATT network. It was successful, except network always drops.
im using a verizon on tmobile works great never dropping network, select manual networks it will show tmobile and att, select att you should be good. when you get phone settings get band settings and you should be good. What rom are you using??
Old 01-13-2010, 02:54 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood468 View Post
if tp2 is cdma and gms can someone tell why i cant flash a gms rom to a verizon phone. not just youll brick it?????????????
Because it is a CMDA phone that works with GSM bands through the radio. It's not like it is 2 phones in one package. It's one phone with extra capabilities. And that's why a GSM ROM would brick it.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 01-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Lurker

hollywood468 is a n00b

thank you
Old 01-16-2010, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
this unlocker is for the united states only, but will apply to the world also. any sprint tp2 is already unlocked for world use, meaning you can use your sprint sim card that's supplied or buy one from the country you are in. this unlocker means you can use a t-mobile or at&t gsm sim card with a sprint/verizon tp2 and use that network while traveling in the u.s.
thanks I was going to ask the same question about my phone settings/personal/sim security, saying "Your SIM is unlocked", because I did not use sim unlocker, just the "hard-spl" unlocker exe file to flash a rom...

Ok so here is my question:
On Settings/Personal/Phone/ Network Tab; "Mode of Operation" was set to "Global"...
Since I am on sprint, I set it to "CDMA Only", does it matter? I did not want to get any charge for using the pre-installed sim. It did seem to switch over when I selected it.

Sory 4 noob question I hav to catch up on this TP2 forum.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:41 AM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: HTC Fúckwit
Carrier: Bint PCS
Threadstarter

Olipro knows their stuffOlipro knows their stuffOlipro knows their stuffOlipro knows their stuffOlipro knows their stuffOlipro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
thanks I was going to ask the same question about my phone settings/personal/sim security, saying "Your SIM is unlocked", because I did not use sim unlocker, just the "hard-spl" unlocker exe file to flash a rom...

Ok so here is my question:
On Settings/Personal/Phone/ Network Tab; "Mode of Operation" was set to "Global"...
Since I am on sprint, I set it to "CDMA Only", does it matter? I did not want to get any charge for using the pre-installed sim. It did seem to switch over when I selected it.

Sory 4 noob question I hav to catch up on this TP2 forum.
the unlocker is for any RhodiumW, a few countries sell them and it works with all of them.
MOV R0, #0
There are no stupid questions, just offensive answers.
Hermes:
IPL: 1.04
SPL: 2.60.Olipro

Athena:
IPL: 1.00
SPL: 1.30.Olipro

Shamelessly accepting donations for Hard-SPL, CustomRUU and Athena-Unlocker/Hard-SPL
Old 01-19-2010, 01:17 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

dumb question. if a sprint tp2 is sim unlocked, can it be ran on the at&t network?
Old 01-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
dumb question. if a sprint tp2 is sim unlocked, can it be ran on the at&t network?
you know what we do with these kinds of questions lol! yes, it can be unlocked for at&t or pretty much any gsm carrier.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:26 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
you know what we do with these kinds of questions lol! yes, it can be unlocked for at&t or pretty much any gsm carrier.
sorry, i searched right after i posted this and found the answer lol, thanx

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development