PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
PM teradog with it

...Done
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Teradog...

In reference to top suggestion #2
"Build in MMS fix to ROM or carrier provisioning #27543"

Could we specify: something like "build Boush MMS fix" cab AND "5mb fix into" carrier provisioning #27543

I believe the boush fix is already included with the last couple of nrg roms though??? (carrier provisioning)

EDIT: The keyboard fix was definitely added to the last couple of sprint carrier provisioning roms
This could be mentioned in the FAQs

Last edited by pdappcgeek; 11-02-2010 at 04:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

i would like for the keyboard to pop up automatically when i hit reply and it brings up the screen to reply to the message, gets aggrivating to have to hit the button to bring up the keyboard each time especially if you type a lot of messages, let me know if i'm the only one that it bothers, if so i'll shut up and continue hitting the button lol.

also when we set swype as the keyboard it resets to the default keyboard after a soft reset, if there a way to make that stick?

same thing if i have full qwerty set with xt9, after a soft reset it defaults back to abc, anyway to make those things stick?

Last edited by KIOWA69; 11-02-2010 at 04:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Let's make tomorrow the day for me to come in here and discuss all the problems. I'll be on here on and off today, but tomorrow you'll get me full time from 8 am to 3 pm (PST). I'll have my sprint TP2 ready for testing stuff and we can work together to make this a better ROM.

p.s. about the bluetooth stuff... wish I had a stereo headset to test with, but... I don't.
i thought it was mentioned like two months ago that someone was going to send you a bluetooth headset, did they not do that or was it not a stereo headset?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: USCC

phalkon30 is becoming a great contributor

Running Oct25th 21683 Cookie 1.8.5 Touch Pro 2

Before using any carrier provisioning cabs I could receive MMS and internet worked fine. After installing USCC carrier cab I lost the ability for any programs to access the internet.

Seems to run fine without using a carrier cab, so that's what I'm doing. Just throwing it out there for any other USCC users.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:41 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 20| 21916|21682 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
i thought it was mentioned like two months ago that someone was going to send you a bluetooth headset, did they not do that or was it not a stereo headset?
DatBioDame had his addr & was going to send..? Added your keyboard req... assumed you meant portrait
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
Edit: @ Teradog, What connection are using to get those numbers? I hardly go over 90kb/sec?
long time ago, i did a detailed explanation of using field trial to get -50db (my best is -4 closer to zero is best. Sprint said low 60's was the best you could get... ha!

Basically 65-95 seems to be normal operating range. Google "fieldtrial.exe" it use to be in the \windows directory.. maybe still is. To sum it up, experiment setting the tp2 on edge (vol edge works best for me leaned up against the bottom edge of a certain window). The diff is unreal in the same room I can easily go from -50 to -85.

Try different sides of the house, office, different rooms, etc.. Set your update time to 1 second. The best peak I've got is lately (345 KB/s, 2.8mb/s) sustained 300KB+, as 4G has officially come to Minneapolis & it seems many are reporting higher 3G speeds since 4G rolled into their area?? dunno why... Depends on the time of day as well.

I have a few spots I know rock & use them all the time... one close to my home office/desk luckily, that I can reach from the laptop... everything I do is via TP2 wifi router! (including ROM downloads, usually avg 10 min)

Sprint Newsroom | Sprint Turns on 4G Service in Minneapolis-St. Paul and Pittsburgh

... looks like gotta bump you up over the 1K rep mark... done congrats 1/2 way!
what the hey... may as well hit a few others also... great day, lol... made it 3 pages b4 the button went away lol

Last edited by teradog; 11-02-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: SPRINT PCS

alher591 is keeping up the good workalher591 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
i would like for the keyboard to pop up automatically when i hit reply and it brings up the screen to reply to the message, gets aggrivating to have to hit the button to bring up the keyboard each time especially if you type a lot of messages, let me know if i'm the only one that it bothers, if so i'll shut up and continue hitting the button lol.

also when we set swype as the keyboard it resets to the default keyboard after a soft reset, if there a way to make that stick?

same thing if i have full qwerty set with xt9, after a soft reset it defaults back to abc, anyway to make those things stick?
+1 on that one thing ive wanted ever since i've been using energy rom
anyone know how to make the keyboard to pop up automatically when hitting a text box
Old 11-02-2010, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (SPRINT)
Carrier: T-Mobile

stab244 is keeping up the good workstab244 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by howhi05 View Post
I'm pretty sure that it's the end result of the port since the rom wasn't made specifically for our device. There will be some hit in performance along with minor glitches that you see present.
Alright... Hmm... I could have sworn that one of the old NRGZ ROM had the HTC style volume controls... Isn't there a CAB to install it?

EDIT: Whoops. I didn't see mWalt's post until now (yay crappy library computers). I'll try that out and see what happens. Thanks sent to both of you.

Last edited by stab244; 11-02-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 20| 21916|21682 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
DatBioDame had his addr & was going to send..?
Yeah that was a while ago, I was waiting on a PM from NRG with his address or p.o. box so I could send it but that never came LOL but that bluetooth is long gone now, someone bought it
Old 11-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I posted on how to keep swype as default for texting even after soft reset your default SIP will be swype.

it was last week i posted in this forum you will need to use SKTools to map swype

KIOWA69 try this link

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...ml#post1983544

Last edited by saj070; 11-02-2010 at 07:21 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development