PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 04:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

TheSlyWolf is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

My bad, I meant that the Sense is extremely fast to the touch and smooth.

I have a hard time filling up co0kies myself, I have noticed obviously when you install your own cabs that the lag starts to build up when using it. Haven't used maxmanilla myself but a friend of mine has and I like co0kies a little bit more for my personal tastes. NRG has probably cooked in enough programs that you can fill it up with though. Or you can use the CHT editor to take down the number of fill spaces to 3X3 per page rather than 4x4 if you dont need that many spaces, personaly I like having a row of 4 programs that can slide to 4 left or 4 right on my today screen at a decent speed.

As for call history, I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, it seems to be enabled on mine already. When I touch it on the today screen it comes up faster than heck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_ View Post
Great write-up, but I was curious as to what you mean by this?

I have ONLY used Manilla
Never used Cookie because I didn't think I would use up all the boxes it allows and I think I remember reading that it uses more memory (not sure about that though)

and if someone could answer another Cookie question. Can I enable "Call History" on the home screen like I can on Manilla?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

TheSlyWolf is just getting started
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
Yes, you can enable call history.

I use about 8 shortcuts fairly often, and cookie is perfect; I just slide the shortcuts over. That way I don't have to slide the homescreen up.

haha beat me to it, I love this function, I use it for my top 12 programs(I'm about the same with 8 frequently used programs and another 4 that are fairly common) and then the lower spots for the rest.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

what cab is for bubble SMS that this rom used to use I liked it and would like it back!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

soundmanmike is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
what cab is for bubble SMS that this rom used to use I liked it and would like it back!
Here you go:
Attached Files
File Type: cab SMS_Bubbles_6.5.3.cab (96.7 KB, 70 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:09 PM
smu
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

smu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryjr82 View Post
What is up with the Barnes & Nobles eReader? I have never seen an answer to that one. It looks like it could be a great app but it just keeps downloading and installing. Does anyone have it working? On their website it only shows iPhone and BB apps.
I don't think B&N has any plans currently to release a reader for WinMo...doesn't everybody in the world only use an iCan't or CrackBerry? <bristles> I'm not really sure why it's even in the build. Why don't you give Freda a whirl?
http://www.turnip.demon.co.uk/jim/freda/index.htm

It's great for reading ePub books. There are several well-known Adobe Digital Editions exploits for removing the DRM on PDF and ePub books so they can be read in Freda. One word of caution: B&N does NOT sell books in the ePub format despite what you might read in other forums. I wasted $10 last week learning that lesson and there is currently no known way to remove the DRM from B&N's PDB format and convert it to an ePub.

You can find free classics here:
http://www.epubbooks.com/
and DRM-protected ePub books here:
http://www.epubbooks.com/buy-epub-books

Happy reading!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work

Ok, I have a battery question, but I'm afraid I'll get PUNCH ROM'd!!! But it's a specific question, so I think I am within the rules.

My own experience with this ROM has been perfectly acceptable battery life. I drive 1 hour to/from work, and charge both ways, so I rarely have any issue. It's definitely not a high-priority concern for me.

However, the one time I have a problem, and I think it would happen on stock too, is when I spend a few hours in one of the below-ground conference rooms at my company, where I have no signal at all. If I forget to turn on airplane mode, my battery bleeds to death in no time.

I'm assuming the phone is constantly polling for a tower, and finding nothing, but killing the battery. Anyone know of a setting or cab that would help with this?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work

Installed this ROM with no issues. Everything synced smoothly and ran well for 15 min.
However after the phone went into standby, it has been non-responsive. Did a reset and the same thing again. Sometimes the screen turns on, but mostly the hard keys light up with no screen. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Love the ROM, but don't have the patience to deal with this issue.

Let me know if anyone knows of any fixes or if the problem gets resolved.
Thanks.

Current ROM: HTC Sense 2.5 (WM 6.5.5 - SYS 23551) - Based on OMJ's Kitchen
Current Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 03-11-2010, 05:46 PM
smu
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

smu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hello all,
I know that upgrading to the latest ROM can sometimes be a pain particularly when you have to put in all your e-mail setup stuff again. Here is something that should help with it! The attached ZIP is intended to be run on your PC with your TP2 connected and with a successful ActiveSync connection. What it does is it creates a CAB file with your mail settings that can be run from your TP2 after you flash a new ROM. It has all your mail settings saved EXCEPT your signature and your password.
To use the attached zip file, run the "RunConfig.bat" file and it will make a cab called MyMail.cab. Copy this cab to your flash drive on your TP2 and run it after you flash to a new ROM (or better yet, let Sashimi run it for you). The first time your TP2 polls for mail, it will prompt you for the password (remember, the mail password isn't saved in the cab - don't forget to check "Remember password"!).
One downside is that it does NOT grab your Outlook setup, so unfortunately this CAB-maker does not work for setting up your Exchange account - that will still need to be done manually. Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ExportMailSettings.zip (95.5 KB, 108 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

jmcourir is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to jmcourir Send a message via AIM to jmcourir Send a message via MSN to jmcourir Send a message via Yahoo to jmcourir Send a message via Skype™ to jmcourir

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
Installed this ROM with no issues. Everything synced smoothly and ran well for 15 min.
However after the phone went into standby, it has been non-responsive. Did a reset and the same thing again. Sometimes the screen turns on, but mostly the hard keys light up with no screen. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Love the ROM, but don't have the patience to deal with this issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post

Let me know if anyone knows of any fixes or if the problem gets resolved.

Thanks.

Same problem here ... tought it was another software issue.. but now I'm not not the only one having this problem
Old 03-11-2010, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

I really would like to know who beta tests these becasue their really doing a horrible job and letting him release roms a bit to early..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development