PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to iknight8
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23541/21892 |Feb 26| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt4ever View Post
LOL I think I have whatever is in this Thread...... Im still having issues. At the moment im not crying. I still Luv this Rom.

back up your files and install this CAB file and hope it works out for u!
keep me posted...
Attached Files
File Type: cab MMS Fix (M2.1) (Sprint).cab (5.7 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 03-03-2010, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Overproof is keeping up the good workOverproof is keeping up the good work
Re: Display is blank after wake up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMcQ View Post
I have the Feb 26 CDMA version of 21892 Sense 2.5.2012 on my Verizon Touch Pro2, and the Feb 26 GSM version on my wife's AT&T Tilt2. On Both devices, after the phone has been idle for, say 30 minutes, and I press the top left button to light up the screen, the only thing that comes back are the top and bottom curtains. All information in the main window is blank. I am able to get it to display all information after touching the top icon bar, and then tapping on Done at the bottom. Is anyone else having this problem, and if so know of a solution? Other than that, the ROM runs flawlessly.
I've had this happen a few times.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Dead_Cow is just getting started
Unhappy Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23541/21892 |Feb 26| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

I'm not sure where to post a serious problem I'm having with this ROM. Anyhow, here goes.

I have a Verizon TP2

I'm using (or rather TRYING to use) Energy.RHOD500.23541.Sense2.5_with_MaxManila.Feb.2 6.7z

Here's my symptom:

When Data and Activesync are enabled on the phone, I can no longer dial out. I get "The Network is Busy, Please Try Again Later".

If I do not enable activesync, I can use the data and place calls fine. Once I've enabled activesync, I cannot use the phone for outbound calls until I reflash the phone. No amount of turning off the data connection and rebooting, hard resetting, etc will allow me to make calls. I should say, that for a SHORT (like MAYBE 10 minutes) after I enable activesync, I can dial out and sync the phone.

I can receive calls fine. It's like the dialer cannot properly interrupt the data connection to make the call.

Maybe unrelated, but going to wireless controls > 3G >and trying to select a band results in the error "You have an ongoing voice call and the band cannot be changed now. Please try again later". I should note that in the "Network type" there is NOTHING selected (not even auto). I can force WCDMA and then back to auto by going into airplane mode. It does not resolve my dial-out problem.

So far, to try and resolve this, I've:
  • Reflashed and reprovisioned.
  • Hard reset and reprovisioned.
  • Reinstalled the base ROM, reprovisioned, reinstalled Energy.RHOD500.23541.Sense2.5_with_MaxManila.Feb.2 6.7z and reprovisioned
  • Reflashed, reprovisioned and tried the MRX_Verizon cab
  • Asked the phone what it's problem is
  • Cursed at the phone.
As you can see, I'm nearing wit's end.

If there's any input anyone can give me, I'd really appreciate it. I'd love to be able to call people AND use this ROM. I feel like I should create a new thread for this, but I don't know where would be best without it being ignored.

Last edited by Dead_Cow; 03-03-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23541/21892 |Feb 26| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Cow View Post
I'm not sure where to post a serious problem I'm having with this ROM. Anyhow, here goes.

I have a Verizon TP2

I'm using (or rather TRYING to use) Energy.RHOD500.23541.Sense2.5_with_MaxManila.Feb.2 6.7z

Here's my symptom:

When Data and Activesync are enabled on the phone, I can no longer dial out. I get "The Network is Busy, Please Try Again Later".

If I do not enable activesync, I can use the data and place calls fine. Once I've enabled activesync, I cannot use the phone for outbound calls until I reflash the phone. No amount of turning off the data connection and rebooting, hard resetting, etc will allow me to make calls. I should say, that for a SHORT (like MAYBE 10 minutes) after I enable activesync, I can dial out and sync the phone.

I can receive calls fine. It's like the dialer cannot properly interrupt the data connection to make the call.

Maybe unrelated, but going to wireless controls > 3G >and trying to select a band results in the error "You have an ongoing voice call and the band cannot be changed now. Please try again later". I should note that in the "Network type" there is NOTHING selected (not even auto). I can force WCDMA and then back to auto by going into airplane mode. It does not resolve my dial-out problem.

So far, to try and resolve this, I've:
  • Reflashed and reprovisioned.
  • Hard reset and reprovisioned.
  • Reinstalled the base ROM, reprovisioned, reinstalled Energy.RHOD500.23541.Sense2.5_with_MaxManila.Feb.2 6.7z and reprovisioned
  • Reflashed, reprovisioned and tried the MRX_Verizon cab
  • Asked the phone what it's problem is
  • Cursed at the phone.
As you can see, I'm nearing wit's end.

If there's any input anyone can give me, I'd really appreciate it. I'd love to be able to call people AND use this ROM. I feel like I should create a new thread for this, but I don't know where would be best without it being ignored.
You've posted in the right place. This is the thread for this ROM. However, I'm not aware of this being a problem others are having with this ROM. I'm certainly not.

When you reflashed the stock ROM, did you test to confirm you don't have the same problem? Maybe live with stock for a day and see if all works as expected.

A provisioning CAB should not be needed for base functionality. Have you tried flashing NRG, and test without anything else installed? I certainly don't need a provisioning CAB for Sprint. I don't think the Verizon users do either, but I don't have experience there.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:34 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwill View Post
You've posted in the right place. This is the thread for this ROM. However, I'm not aware of this being a problem others are having with this ROM. I'm certainly not.
I have to load a certificate which, when I sync to my corporate mail server enforces security on the device. Do you have to do that too? This problem ONLY has occurred to me with the NRG rom. Unfortunately, it's my favorite ROM to date.
Quote:
When you reflashed the stock ROM, did you test to confirm you don't have the same problem? Maybe live with stock for a day and see if all works as expected.
I have lived with stock for a day, and it works. Reflashing back to NRG, I lived with that at stock for a day, too, then enabled AS. It's how I know if I enable activesync that my problem occurs. No activesync = no problems. Unfortunately, it also means "no mail", which would also translate to "no job".
Quote:
A provisioning CAB should not be needed for base functionality. Have you tried flashing NRG, and test without anything else installed? I certainly don't need a provisioning CAB for Sprint. I don't think the Verizon users do either, but I don't have experience there.
I didn't think I needed a provisioning cab. I tried it out of desperation.

Last edited by Dead_Cow; 03-03-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

kashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to kashabrown

I use verizon also, and utilize a hosted exchange service for my email (which has security also). My process is to flash stock 6.5/hard reset/*228 programming/flash 23541 MM rom/hard reset-soft reset and am good to go.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:41 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashabrown View Post
I use verizon also, and utilize a hosted exchange service for my email (which has security also). My process is to flash stock 6.5/hard reset/*228 programming/flash 23541 MM rom/hard reset-soft reset and am good to go.
I've done almost that.... but... why do you do that? Did you experience the same problem as me? See, everything else works, BUT this problem. (Which I'm temporarily working around using one dialer and Google Voice).
Old 03-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I am on verizon, what is the provisioning thing all about I have never done that but seen it mentioned many times..???
Old 03-03-2010, 02:48 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I am on verizon, what is the provisioning thing all about I have never done that but seen it mentioned many times..???
Provisioning sets the phone to work with your network on your account. For Verizon, it's dialing *228 from the handset, then pressing one when the computer answers and waiting until it says "your phone has been programmed successfully", at which point it will hang up and soft reset the phone.

Last edited by Dead_Cow; 03-03-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Cow
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post

Provisioning sets the phone to work with your network on your account. For Verizon, it's dialing *228 from the handset, then pressing one when the computer answers and waiting until it says "your phone has been programmed successfully", at which point it will hang up and soft reset the phone.
ok so what are these proviisioning cabs I hear about?

Last edited by shaolinsoldier79; 03-03-2010 at 03:15 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development