PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

mobius999 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Feb 1| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 / MaxManila ★

Stupid question here, but can't find the setting anywhere and it's driving me nuts. I just updated to 23518 from one of the early November versions. Love it so far!

My one problem is the HTC task manager isn't on my top bar anymore, instead I have a redundant clock to the right of the battery icon. Since the screenshots for this newest version still show the task manager symbol, I'm puzzled.

Can someone tell me where to change this? Couldn't find anywhere in settings or tweaks=(
Old 02-04-2010, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chadman is just getting started
Re: |R|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Feb 1| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 / MaxManila ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Search the thread for Sprint MMS fix. That should solve your problem. Basically install the zenyee disable htc cab. Install the Arcsoft MMS cab and you shouldnt have sms issues anymore. Also if youre installing and disabling stuff without checking to see if the basics work first you may be breaking something unintentionally.
Is that really needed any more? I just added the MMS server and everything works fine. If I disable sms, it breaks my sms counter on the slider and that drives me crazy. I can still see my text messages with the HTC viewer or with the native viewer.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius999 View Post
Stupid question here, but can't find the setting anywhere and it's driving me nuts. I just updated to 23518 from one of the early November versions. Love it so far!

My one problem is the HTC task manager isn't on my top bar anymore, instead I have a redundant clock to the right of the battery icon. Since the screenshots for this newest version still show the task manager symbol, I'm puzzled.

Can someone tell me where to change this? Couldn't find anywhere in settings or tweaks=(
The screenshot is from a previous rom. Task manager is included in this rom but not on the taskbar. You can access quick menu using the windows hardkey and you can also map task manager to one of the hard keys though settings>>personal>>buttons.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadman View Post
Is that really needed any more? I just added the MMS server and everything works fine. If I disable sms, it breaks my sms counter on the slider and that drives me crazy. I can still see my text messages with the HTC viewer or with the native viewer.
Its definitely needed for MMS. If you dont use MMS then no you dont need it because you should be able to send sms through htc. However, if that guy and others are having issues with sms not sending its probably due to the conflicting applications. If youre not having any issues then count yourself lucky because youre in the minority. The newest ROM has arcsoft cooked in so you might be able to send MMS after adding a few extra steps but its definitely easier and much more smooth to disable htc.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:25 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Latest update:

Delayed the Feb3 ROMs for 21891 and 23519. Cooking them up now, they should be out within a couple of hours Thanks for waiting.
1 minute ago from Digsby
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@NRGZ28 Delayed the Feb3 ROMs for 21891 and 23519. Cooking them up now, they should be out within a couple of hours Thanks for waiting.

WOOHOO.. TY

Edit: @Scientific beat me to it. Well Played SIR :P
Old 02-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Lurker

chartox is a n00b

Glad to know this one is working well, reflashed back to stock firmware after the Jan 14th version kept bogging. Will wait for 2/3 before I reflash.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

chadman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Its definitely needed for MMS. If you dont use MMS then no you dont need it because you should be able to send sms through htc. However, if that guy and others are having issues with sms not sending its probably due to the conflicting applications. If youre not having any issues then count yourself lucky because youre in the minority. The newest ROM has arcsoft cooked in so you might be able to send MMS after adding a few extra steps but its definitely easier and much more smooth to disable htc.

All I did was add the MMS server for sprint. After that I was able to send recieve MMS without having to add any other cabs. SMS seems to work fine for me, guess I'm lucky. In the past I have used the disable HTC, but the last few roms it did not work correctly.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

Jackrm9 is just getting started

Quote:
All I did was add the MMS server for sprint. After that I was able to send recieve MMS without having to add any other cabs. SMS seems to work fine for me, guess I'm lucky. In the past I have used the disable HTC, but the last few roms it did not work correctly.
could u share what mms server for sprint u used
Old 02-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
The most recent roms dont disable HTC completely but disables HTC from being the default MMS send application. This rom already has Arcsoft installed so its possible to send and receive mms without installing the disable HTC or Arcsoft cab because its already basically there. The problem with not installing the disable HTC cab is that if you go to all messages or the new message button at the top right the HTC app comes up and you cant send through it and you cant reply with mms in HTC. You have to either go through outlook or send it straight through the photo album. Installing the disable cab only makes life easier since you can hit the new message button and insert mms.

If it works for you thats cool but its much easier and more functional for Sprint users to disable HTC.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development