PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 04:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kazanjig is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28008/21877 |Dec 4| ★ Sense 2.5 ★

Anyone else having the following problem? When I add a contact card as one of the shortcuts on the home screen, clicking it edits the contact card rather than bringing it up to select a number.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

snowglyder is just getting started

I'm currently running 28005 release (11/27). I see the change log with updated programs, but I'm wondering what that means in performance and features. I'm really liking this build and it's all setup how I like, but there are a couple of things that bother me:

Weather backgrounds don't work. If I select one, the background goes blank (all black). Animated backgrounds work though.

Also, when I plug in the phone to USB, I try to select as Disk Drive, and nothing comes up on the computer. It's not the USB port, because I can use the same port with a card reader to get to the SD card.

Does the 28011 build resolve any of these issues? Any major performance increases to justify flashing? As I understand it, it would have the newer Google Maps, which loses aGPS integration, as well as Opera 9.7 (Opera 10 seems to work well for me).
Old 12-09-2009, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

fryjr82 is keeping up the good workfryjr82 is keeping up the good work
Re: G-Config and Landscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryee34 View Post
Obviously, by now I'm completely aware of the 28008 landscape limitations. My question is if anyone else is having trouble getting their programs to rotate after adding them to G-Config? Opera and NFS Undercover are responsive when my device is rotated but Slingplayer, RSS Hub and Par 72 golf do not rotate. I guess I just wanted to find out if the issue I'm having is an isolated one or a common problem with 28008?
My NFS Undercover rotates the opposite of the keyboard. I didn't set it up in g-config either. I never tried Slingplayer because it has a full screen option that automatically rotates it in full screen.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

fryjr82 is keeping up the good workfryjr82 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrsnlCrcl View Post
Is there a cab somewhere that will remove the larger box that sits behind the clock? I would like to remove that box so that my wallpaper comes through better. Thanks.
That has always been one of my wish lists. I never found one though...
Old 12-09-2009, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: verizon

sonificator is a n00b

Is there a solution to the endlessly blinking LED light - the LED notification cab that is floating around does not work?

Is there a way to uninstall or disable the City ID app?

Dec 4, 21877, VZW
Old 12-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

rkelac is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrsnlCrcl View Post
I am guessing it is in this forum somewhere, but I have not been able to locate it. Is there a file for the Verizon provisioning? It was part of the ROM previously and I was able to choose, but I notice the new ROMs no longer include it. I am not concerned with the MMS, but would like a provisioning cab. If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks.
What would a provisioning cab do that is not in the current ROMs. There is a cab to fix the keyboard. Do you need something beyond that?
Old 12-09-2009, 07:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowglyder View Post
I'm currently running 28005 release (11/27). I see the change log with updated programs, but I'm wondering what that means in performance and features. I'm really liking this build and it's all setup how I like, but there are a couple of things that bother me:

Weather backgrounds don't work. If I select one, the background goes blank (all black). Animated backgrounds work though.

Also, when I plug in the phone to USB, I try to select as Disk Drive, and nothing comes up on the computer. It's not the USB port, because I can use the same port with a card reader to get to the SD card.

Does the 28011 build resolve any of these issues? Any major performance increases to justify flashing? As I understand it, it would have the newer Google Maps, which loses aGPS integration, as well as Opera 9.7 (Opera 10 seems to work well for me).
I never ran 28005 but I ran 28004, 28008 and 28011 seems very stable. They all seemed reasonably stable after you tweak them to your liking. GoogleMaps is cleanly uninstallable and you can put version 3.2.1 back on which is what I did. aGPS is integrated in all versions it's just that it works really bad in version 3.3.x for some reason. Likewise you can uninstall Opera 9.7 (with errors, but will get all the RAM space back). I run Opera 10 Beta 2 myself and think it works much better than beta 1 which is what I think your running. And auto rotate works fine with the registry edit/cab for the fix.

I have seen the issue where on some ROMs it is a little flaky about switching back and forth between Disk Drive mode and Active Sync mode. Eventually it sorts it out by rebooting both PC and/or Phone and/or trying another USB port. I have not seen that issue at all on 28011 but I've seen it come and go before.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

grock is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaine260 View Post
Does anyone think that the htc MMS is going to get fixed? Or is it something that is never going to get fixed? I keep seeing demo's of the HTC Touch HD 2 and it seems like the units people have are complete and everything is working. If that is the case then that means the MMS is working. How come we do not have a version of that that is working for our specific carriers? Or am I missing something. If there is units with it working out there then how do we get that unit's software to us? Or am I missing something? It seems like we have gone through lots of versions and revisions but never the one thing most people want is ever fixed. Just seems odd. Is it something we as a community have to figure out on how to do to get it to work? Or is there something we can extract from a unit to get it to work with our specific carrier?

Kaine260

Kaine260
Back again... found this, I'm using the 21877, dec 4th with sprint and mms is working.
I disabled sence first just to make sure, and changed the settings for sprint as well as the sample

Originally Posted by gutrrob
Assuming your using Energy Rom (leo) Nov. 3 21864 and your settings are unaltered:

1. Download the "MMS fix(M2.5)(sprint)(valkyrie) cab. soft-reset
2. Go into your HTC messaging settings/Menu/MMS server/SampleMMSC2/ scroll down to Connect via select "My ISP", Scroll down to WAP and select "None".
This will enable you to receive and download MMS without giving a "Unable to download MMS".

Oh yeah make sure in the HTC messaging settings, Select your desired photo resolution and Camera captured resolution.

"DO NOT" install the Sprint Arcsoft 5.00.XX cab. or the Carrier cab. this will brake the receiving MMS through the HTC messaging app.

This has been tested on My sprint TP2 not sure if it works on other Roms or Carriers

MMS fix Sprint here http://thewingster.com/Documents/MMS%20Fix%20(M2.5)%20(Sprint)%20(Valkyrie).cab
Old 12-09-2009, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP Deuce

DirkDiggler is becoming a great contributor

Still no way to remove the clock from the taskbar??
Old 12-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDiggler View Post
Still no way to remove the clock from the taskbar??
no, not on the 6.5.x builds.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development