PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 25| 21916|23699 * Sense 20

I flashed Titanium nov 20 21916 last night. Today I get a sms error 107 and can't receive texts. Is that the same problem others were having? Storage memory is down to 1.25 mb free.
edit: NM...I think android was sucking all the memory (device and sd card). I removed it and am reloading it now and texts are coming thru..

Last edited by Jim8181; 11-28-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 25| 21916|23699 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkcuong View Post

1. What is best page pool settings 12MB, 18MB or 24MB?
I prefer a PP of 0. I've been running a page pool of zero since about September 25th. Others have benchmarked free memory with different page pool settings in the past, but I have not seen performance benchmarks. Give 0 a try. If you don't like it, go back to the default when Prof. "Windows Mobile" (aka. NRG) releases his next FLASH of brilliance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc tp2 verizon
Carrier: vodaphone

krazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkcuong View Post
Hello
After trying half-dozen of ROMS, I found EnergyROMs series is the best so far. Thank you for your great works, NGR. I flash my HTC Sprint Touch Pro 2 every week, just a few hours new release posted. Back-up reflash restore takes my phone off only 15-20 mins thanks to Settings Export and Fav Backup and XDA UC. It takes me another 30 mins to resynch with my laptop and MyPhone to fully restore my contacts, mail, various documents etc.

The problem of Phone Settings missing hits me today, and I had to reflash about dozen times before coming back to this thread and fix it in seconds. Thank you all guys for sharing your tips.

Here is some my questions:

1. What is best page pool settings 12MB, 18MB or 24MB?
2. I need to copy some full Unicode files to the device and modify FontLink, FontPaths to get my phone display all language with MS arialuni.ttf font.
3. I need to install others 3-5 cabs of my favorite apps.

Is there any way to make it automatically just like XDA_UC runs?

Thank you for your advice
initially i was keeping the page pool at zero but after quite a lot of flashing i prefer to keep it at stock...i.e what nrg cooks it at. phone runs a lot smoother at stock values imho.

phone pyramid
imate kjam to asus P527 to HTC Touch Pro 2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

SWYPE and Video Player

Hello, I have been having trouble with the swype cabs I downloaded. Yes, they fix many things, including the name search. But I can't figure out how to change language, I have the language files, but it does not show them in the menu. In the old one, that NRG used to cook in, I had the option to switch between English and Spanish, I don't any more.
DOes anybody know how to activate it? or where can I find a cab of the swype NRG used to install?

Also, I am wondering, what video player do most of you use? I am having problems playing videos.
Thanks, Al

Last edited by alalor; 11-28-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

mprachar is keeping up the good workmprachar is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlambert77 View Post
Do you have Swype set as your input? That's what happens to me when I use Swype. If I switch back to regular Touch Input, it goes away. As much as it annoys me, I love Swype too much to stop using it.
This has been happening to me for months. NRG ROMS did not used to have this problem but the last dozen or so have. Yes, going to HTC touch input fixes it, but I tried SlideIT and it has the same problem as Swype. So, I think it;s more accurate to say that it's a "non-stock" KB problem as opposed to a Swype problem.

All that aside, does anybody know how to fix it and keep Swype?
Old 11-28-2010, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

mprachar is keeping up the good workmprachar is keeping up the good work

Ok - I give up. Been searching...

on CHT 2.0 we have a new tasks preview available like the appointments one we've had from earlier versions. Does anybody know how to make it so it only shows active tasks? It's not very useful when it gives me 500+ completed tasks from months ago, but the stuff that is really due soon is buried...
Old 11-28-2010, 05:47 PM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprachar View Post
Ok - I give up. Been searching...

on CHT 2.0 we have a new tasks preview available like the appointments one we've had from earlier versions. Does anybody know how to make it so it only shows active tasks? It's not very useful when it gives me 500+ completed tasks from months ago, but the stuff that is really due soon is buried...
I don't use tasks but have you tried to disable completed tasks from showing?

CHTEditor > Widget Settings > Appointments and tasks
Old 11-28-2010, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

frozenbutt is keeping up the good workfrozenbutt is keeping up the good work

Tried to flash the new Nov 25th rom and got to 32% and then got "Please get a newer update utility" and it exited??????

yikes not cool... and what do I do now????
Old 11-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Its Sunday and time to disappoint all you SPB shell fans. Its Gone.

Just to recap, because of the need for working DRM I am on the 8/18 rom and because of the stability and speed I am using the Sense 2.1 version.

For those new, 2.1 is the version that your phone probably came with stock, but souped up by NRG. No program links on the home screen, but a seperate programs tab. Not a lot of play pretty's. Its as stripped as sense gets and therefor pretty fast. It appears NRG has stopped offering them.

Anyway I gave SPB shell a full 3 weeks shakedown and following is why it does not work for me. Mainly its has to do with my needs. I drive truck so I need my phone as simple and finger friendly as possible. I drive 500 miles day, twice a day over the 2 highest peaks on I-5. Chaining 30 or 40 times a years is normal. Now to it:

1. Weather. I use the current location feature all the time in bad weather and I can't find a good replacement in SPB.
2. City weather. I have 12 of the city's were weather is the biggest problem for me loaded in so I can get a idea of whats up, again I can't replace in SPB.
3. Email and text. In spb it will only bring up the inbox when you open it in 3D view. If I want to go to sent, or another folder you have to either shut down 3D view or go to messages in the start menu.
4. Phone dialer. SPB dialer is nice. I like it, but it does not replace the original, it just adds another step to dial.
5. Icons. Every time I switch home panels it takes time for the icons in my sd card to generate. I know this is probably because my card is C4, but I dont have the problem in sense.
6. Speed. The reason for most using spb is speed, but quite frankly running Sense 2.1, I cant see all that much improvement, if any (yes I am OC'd at 787.

So there it is TTFN untill next week
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

frozenbutt is keeping up the good workfrozenbutt is keeping up the good work

Ok heart attack over. Put the rom on the card and flashed in bootloader. Flashed successful. Now just waiting for xda_uc to grind away. Scared the hell out of me. First time I ever saw or heard of that.

Any idea what might have caused it???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development