PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint

gladesteen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23547/21895 |Mar 19| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

Do you have to flash back to the original Sprint ROM to get software updates? Example: the 6.5 release.

I cannot find the "check for software" anywhere in these ROM's.
Maybe they were left out intentionally....

-Mark
Old 03-22-2010, 09:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

jeep447 is just getting started

Hey all noob here...I read about the first 100 posts but cannot find my answer...I just downloaded the 21895 rom from hotfile...I extracted it to my desktop, connected my phone to activesync, then ran the rom update utility....it starts up and gets to the % bar on my phone and the computer but stays at 0% and then errors out and says there is a communication error? It connected correctly to activesync and I can access my phone...Am I missing something huge? thanks for the help!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep447 View Post
Hey all noob here...I read about the first 100 posts but cannot find my answer...I just downloaded the 21895 rom from hotfile...I extracted it to my desktop, connected my phone to activesync, then ran the rom update utility....it starts up and gets to the % bar on my phone and the computer but stays at 0% and then errors out and says there is a communication error? It connected correctly to activesync and I can access my phone...Am I missing something huge? thanks for the help!
Did you unlock it first?
Old 03-22-2010, 09:33 AM
N00b

LOL No! I had no Idea I had to....Ill go back and read again i guess...Man I knew I was missin something...I understand if you don't want to repeat how to on here...Thanks for the direction though...I'm an idiot
Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

dieselhomey is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23547/21895 |Mar 19| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

I have the March 17 NBH file... if anyone wants it please pm me or let me know where I can upload it to, for sharing...

Cheers
Old 03-22-2010, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nah, it happens. Read the sticky on unlocking. You don't need to security unlock it; just do the HardSPL. It's free.

edit: Go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

Last edited by btstarcher; 03-22-2010 at 09:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 AM
N00b

Thanks alot man...I appretiate the help!!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Lurker

dlhoya is a n00b

For those of you that asked NRG about the new background on the new ROM's and had a white screen. I was able to find the wallpaper on the windows folder. Enjoy!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wallpaper_2010 New 1.jpg (5.3 KB, 86 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg wallpaper_2010_New.jpg (3.0 KB, 109 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by dlhoya; 03-22-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Attached img
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I AM SO SORRY BUT I THINK THIS WAS GOOD FOR ME AND MAY BE FOR OTHERS.

(feel free to burn or b*tch at or completely shun me for this)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
Please read up, in this thread on battery life and potential settings and cabs that might help.

Whatever you set the weather wallpaper to should be what you see on the homescreen.
+1 on the reading. There are 1,400+ posts to this thread. However, most of them are useless. You can read all of the useful ones several ways:

1. Start on the date of the ROM release you are using. So if you are using the 17th ROM, start on the posts from the 17th and read to the end.
2. Skim through the useless ones. This will probably cut down the post count to like 1,000 or less.
3. Click on Search This Thread and type in "battery". This will highlight every time "battery" appears anywhere. So now you can really speed through the thread. Just scroll till you see the red highlighted "battery" then stop and read.
4. Don't do any searching or reading and just post any question you have. Someone or several people will take up a page or two telling you how dumb you are for posting such a stupid question and then someone or several people will answer your question or point you to the post/thread you need. This method increases the post count significantly and deters other new comers from reading the thread. You will get your question answered and the next newbie who has the same question will post it three pages later becasue there will now be 1,500+ posts and that person will not want to read 1,500 posts.

Personally, I will be glad to help any newbie that needs help in any way that I can. If you want to PM me. Just click on my user name and then click send a private message to bsarlo. That way, I can do the searching for you and I will learn even more about things that I don't know about. Because when I search, I always read something that I may have read before but now that I am a little more experienced, I actually understand the post better and can use that info. Where before I read it and it made no sense and I thought it wasn't useful.

So, I am for reading.

Sorry for taking up valuable page space. I'll get off the soapbox, climb off my high horse, and take my $0.02 back.

PS --> *UNCH *OM for most of the last few pages and for the burns about the *UNCH *OM topics.

PPS --> BATTERY LIFE ; VZ MMS ; GENERAL MMS

PPPS --> Most everything you have questions about HERE or below
(I thought I'd quote it so people wouldn't have to go all the way back to the first page and possibly lose their way back here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace10134 View Post
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Flashing Guide: A Pictorial Tutorial!

More Info on the ROM's and the Versions: http://thewingster.com/NRGZ28CDMA.aspx

Keyboard Symbols Don't Work / Home Key opens Start Menu!! / Button Mappings!
  • Verizon - Install THIS CAB and Restart the phone! (Thanks Fronc for the ROM dump info)
  • Sprint/Telus - Install THIS CAB, and Restart your phone! (Thanks to banzaiwolfe for the ROM dump info)
MMS Fix
  1. First, you must Disable Manila Messaging.
  2. Then, just install the correct MMS fix:
A possible, different, better, but ---in progress--- solution can be seen HERE.

(CityID) Provisioning Network Selector appears after every Soft Reset! - If you do this before selecting anything in the Provisioning, then City ID will work
  1. Open File Explorer (Start -> Tools -> File Explorer)
  2. Navigate to \Windows\StartUp, and delete Provisioning.lnk!
Opera Mobile Fixes
  • Make Opera Mobile default and enable auto-rotation with the G-Sensor: DOWNLOAD
  • Only make Opera Mobile default: DOWNLOAD
  • Only enable auto-rotation with the G-Sensor for Opera: DOWNLOAD
Time Zone Issues
  1. Go to Start -> Settings -> Clocks & Alarms
  2. Set the time zone to whatever you need!
Notification Light blinks to infinity!!!
  1. Install THIS CAB first
  2. And then go into Start -> Settings -> Sounds & Notifications -> Notifications (tab), and now you can set the notification light options!!

ActiveSync Issues (23504 Version)
  1. Go to Start -> Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC
  2. Uncheck the last, "Ask me first about USB...." box
  3. Make sure the "ActiveSync (Sync with Outlook)" bubble is filled in.
  4. You may need to restart the phone for ActiveSync to start working)
GPS Doesn't Connect
After flashing any ROM, GPS can take a while to lock for the first time.

Enable AGPS to assist it: Start -> Utilities -> Tweaks -> Advanced Config, scroll down to and click GPS, then click on Assisted GPS, and using the drop-down menu at the bottom, Enable it. Do the Soft Reset when it prompts you to, and then your GPS should fix faster!

Also, make sure to use the HTC GPSTool, found in Start -> GPS. That will help the GPS to lock faster.

Once you do that, open Google Maps (Or your GPS program), go to Menu -> Use GPS (check the option), and then let your phone sit for 10 minutes or so. Remember, GPS doesn't work well in big buildings. Enjoy!
Marketplace doesn't work (Sprint) - Just install THIS CAB! (Restart may be required) (Thanks BrownHornet!)

Stock Applications
See? I got to complain and be sorta helpful at the same time.

Moderators - Please delete post if I stepped out of line or took up too much space.

NRG - PM me and I'll delete it if you think I should. Thank you for all your hard work with these ROMs. Come payday, you and several of the regular posters are getting beers on me!

Newbies - don't forget to Thank people who do help you and donate to your chef NRG.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

I love this rom and in fact it is the only rom i flash! The only problem i have with the latest is my batter only last 5 to 7 hours on a full charge, and the big problem is i have everything shut off, locating, agps, any type of automatic downloads, all that stuff and it sites there with the screen off and it dies very quick!! anyone else having issues like this?? Thanks

edit - a lil info, im on the "Energy.RHODCDMA.23549.Sense2.5.Mar.20.7z" and have only installed some manila mods, and shut down a couple un-used services, i am going to hard reset and test the cabs i installed to see if i can rule one of them out!

Last edited by apaquette0069; 03-22-2010 at 11:09 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development