PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VZW

Summit is keeping up the good workSummit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageesm View Post
However, I can't seem to pick between SE and FF. There are too many great things about each one, guess I'll be switching back and forth based on my mood.
Well, it's all personal choice and preferences, but for me it's a slam dunk in favor of SE. No "X doesn't close apps" issue, can move stuff on the Start page, and I really like the 6.5 menu scheme over the 6.5.x scheme any day of the week. Also the Opera version on SE is better than the one on FF IMHO.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: Sprint

mawst95 is keeping up the good workmawst95 is keeping up the good work

One more question: Has there been a consensus reached on the best radio? I'm on sprint but using 2.18 from USC. What's the verdict on the newer sprint radio?
Old 05-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: T-Mobile

marcjohn is just getting started

Once again, The Mighty GOD has done it again! Thanks, Mighty and everyone involved in these projects. YOU are definitely in a class by yourself.
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
can move stuff on the Start page, and I really like the 6.5 menu scheme over the 6.5.x scheme any day of the week. Also the Opera version on SE is better than the one on FF IMHO.
I"m not sure why people think you can't move item on the start page in 6.5.5.... I keep reading this and it's totally not true. You just hold it and move it to where you want it...
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawst95 View Post
I just never read the instructions. Duh. Thanks.
Alas, a long lost art!
Old 05-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ageesm is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
PEEPS on FF if anyone is able to or has the ROM Extractor program available...if you could please extract tapres.192.dll...then put it in a zip and post it please...

First to post will be first to test hehehehe....

ROM Extractor program available for anyone who would like it below...just unzip and move the exe to your phone and run it...
I went ahead and edited the taskbar for FF with the 3G icon for anybody that wants it.

tjELITE, here is the tapres.192.dll zipped up for ya if you still want or need it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tapres.192.zip (66.3 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab ageesm-3G Fix MR_FF.cab (338.9 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:05 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
Well, it's all personal choice and preferences, but for me it's a slam dunk in favor of SE. No "X doesn't close apps" issue, can move stuff on the Start page, and I really like the 6.5 menu scheme over the 6.5.x scheme any day of the week. Also the Opera version on SE is better than the one on FF IMHO.
I"m not sure why people think you can't move item on the start page in 6.5.5.... I keep reading this and it's totally not true. You just hold it and move it to where you want it...
leanne is correct with 6.5.x you can press and hold the icons on the Start Menu and move them around...

As for the Opera...aren't they the same version...atleast I thought they were when I was on the BETAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageesm View Post
I went ahead and edited the taskbar for FF with the 3G icon for anybody that wants it.

tjELITE, here is the tapres.192.dll zipped up for ya if you still want or need it.
Way to be a buzz kill...not even a hey thanks tj for telling me which file to edit....

Last edited by tjELITE; 05-01-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
Way to be a buzz kill
lol...never mind the pm....there it is.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

cptok is keeping up the good workcptok is keeping up the good work

Wow - now this was the most bizarre experience!! MM - in case you are interested...

I don't usually do Task 29, or even hard reset after new flash MM -> MM roms. If something goes "weird" fine - I hard reset and all is good. So I updated from Impact to FF. What a nice ROM! No hard reset - all "seemed" just fine. Ran for 24 hrs, BT, email all good...

So this morning I add the registry edit I need to keep BT music from skipping - the file cache settings. Soft reset to get the new cache settings and OMG!! Things just go uber-weird! First - it stalls on "starting HTC Sense"... after a few more tries - it does load. Great - but... it's still stalling on fully starting up... and for starters, it's running a task bar I've never seen! Different icons, different task manager, whaaat?? Then go to text msgs and get this - the messages are all from someone else! Not mine! Don't remember the name... but very strange indeed.

Anyway - force a hard reset, redo my minimal BT, email, active sync for contact/calendar and all up in 10 min. Perfect - No problems. But Mighty... somewhere in that ROM lies other task bar, txt msgs and a host of other stuff that can come up (apparently) if one messes with file cache settings or otherwise gets access to some area of that rom memory. I dunno.... but those txts were not mine or anyone I know - and the task bar was (albeit way nice looking!) not mine or one I've ever seen.

So - I'm not complaining, in fact it was a pretty interesting adventure. But food for thought on what's being cooked in and possibly left in the production ROM as "artifacts" from beta testing or other users' information etc.

Having said all of the above - add me to the list of those who really like 6.5.x, and indeed FF is just SO nice an update to Impact. VERY well done MM! THANKS!
Old 05-01-2010, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne View Post
Hmmm! I thought I tried everything including hold & move. Anyway, I still prefer 6.5 menus and other features. I think the 6.5.x was half baked by MS before they moved on to develop Windows 7. It just seems a little unrefined with the "X to close" issue unresolved. I shouldn't have to shop for 3rd party apps to fix that. Just sayin'.

Last edited by Summit; 05-01-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2