PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis8 View Post
Well I have run into my first issue with this sweet ROM. Not even something important, but something I would really like. The issue is with Bluetooth DUN. At first I though it was my computer giving me grief with the "No COM ports available" but then I realized that my phone only has one serial port listed in the Bluetooth manager and it is an incoming port. I expect that I need one out going to make the Serial Modem connection to my computer work. There is no menu to add a new port and Google searches have proven fruitless, so I am asking here what other things I may try. I am going to look through the registry and see if anything there can help me out.

**EDIT**

Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WIDCOMM\BTConfig\Appli cations there exists several keys labeled 0001 - 0009
4 of these keys (labeled 0001, 0007 - 0009) look like this:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WIDCOMM\BTConfig\Applications\0007]
"UUID"=dword:00001101
"SecurityId"=dword:00000001
"Name"="Generic Serial"
"GUID"="{00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB}"
"Encryption"=dword:00000000
"ComPortNumber"=dword:0000000B
"Authentication"=dword:00000000
The only thing that changes is the "ComPortNumber" which works out to 2, 11, 12 and 13 respectfully.

It would seem that there are enough Serial ports, so why does only one show up in Bluetooth -> Advanced -> Serial Ports?

Not really sure where to go from here. Any ideas?

I have also tried the USB internet sharing built-in (which would suffice for the time being) but it does not work for me either. My computer makes the dong-dong-dong (unhappy) sound and not the dong-ding (happy, connected) sound, and my phone continues to show "Please check USB connection" on the sharing screen. Then the "ActiveSync, Disk Drive, Internet Sharing" screen will open up (all the while I have not closed the internet sharing screen and I did hit "Connect" before plugging in the cable.

I would prefer Bluetooth DUN, but anything right now will be fine (I do not have WiFi on this computer, so I can only expect that that will work if I had a card... )
Ah, how the worm has turned! I cried when Mike went to the VZW kernel and everyone had BT DUN except Sprint, and now that we're on the Sprint kernel it looks like the situation is reversed. Did you try using the Enable Bluetooth DUN cab in the FAQ? (MordyT graciously linked to the cab just recently.) I think if maybe you install that, and then look at this reg key:

HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings

for "ForceCellConnection" and change that from "Sprint" to whatever your Telus data connection is called in the ConnMgr (maybe just "Telus"?) it might work? Let me know!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

The only thing I wish this ROM had was the Arcsoft version that came with the Sprint update. If that's my only gripe then the ROM is pretty damn good IMO.

Why? Because I have yet to have a single problem occur with that version of Arcsoft.

Give some
Old 04-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580

Is mightymike still alive these days?

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 04-07-2010, 09:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (CDMA)

thx1200 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

HD Tweaks is similar to Advance Configuration. Lets you mess with a ton of settings that can cause problems. I have had your same problem with the very last 2.1 Sense ROM Mighty did, so I don't believe it is related to this ROM. I seem to remember that I was messing with removing poutlook from the startup folder. Once I put it back I think my problem went away. It also might have been pure luck, so take what I am saying with a grain of salt so to speak. If you cleared storage back to his base ROM, and limited your software installs to one at a time, waiting a half to full day in between new installs, you might find that their is program causing the issue.
Thanks for the advice. It's not Sprint's PRL update, it still stopped working after a bit. I'm wondering if I had a bad flash. I'm going to try reflashing. Just a little while ago the power button wasn't turning on the device (finally it did after like the 20th time i pressed it) and when I was hard resetting to debug this issue, one time the ROM just froze during an app install. I didn't put it all together until now, but something's just really wrong right now. lol. I didn't have any of these problems with Mighty's last ROM, so I just assumed maybe it was ROM specific, but now I'm wondering if the flash just messed up or something.
My Windows Phone Apps: ReRemind / TouchFlo Detacher / Mobile Shell 3 Toggler / iContact AE / BattLineSvc / ZoomBarPlus
Old 04-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron580 View Post
Is mightymike still alive these days?
Yep, just talked to him earlier today. However, he was working at the time.

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
Old 04-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
Yep, just talked to him earlier today. However, he was working at the time.

Z

Awww...you two cuddle dontcha?

Like peas and carrots....lol

Just messin Zig.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Brivers & Jaybell contact me BlueSatin R3BORN is almost complete... Testing is needed.

This long delay is crazy everyone.. sorry...I've had an entire theme complete and scapped it cuz the blue wasnt right to me lol, started completely over.!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by purian23 View Post
Brivers & Jaybell contact me BlueSatin R3BORN is almost complete... Testing is needed.

This long delay is crazy everyone.. sorry...I've had an entire theme complete and scapped it cuz the blue wasnt right to me lol, started completely over.!
And it looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it keeps getting better.

Z

Last edited by ziggy471; 04-07-2010 at 10:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Great news Purian!
Old 04-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1200 View Post
Has anybody else had Exchange ActiveSync issues? I read some earlier posts about Google, but this is actual Exchange I'm talking about.

I have Exchange 2007 I sync to OTA Push Email.

Occassionally, ActiveSync just freezes up. No more email or calendar pushes. Pocket Outlook will say either "Disconnecting" or "send/receive". ActiveSync will just say "connected" but won't change status no matter what happens.

Sometimes the ActiveSync process will quit too (repllog.exe disappears from process list). I start it back up, it says "Connected" but again nothing. It won't sync. Even when I press the Sync button, it won't sync.

I've hard reset three times. I don't know where to begin to debug/diagnose this. This did not happen on the last MightyROM release for me.
My EAS to an Exchange 2007 server is solid. No issues at all.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2