PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

ghuido 08-30-2010 05:23 PM

Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

Just checking if people are running CHT and what version? Looks like the latest is 1.8.5.1? Experience been good?

Also I saw that is says there is an issue on the lockscreen on XDA Developers

"About the CHT lockscreen:
Currently, the CHT lock screen does not support any PIN code or password protected unlocking.
Remove any unlock codes before turning on the CHT lockscreen or you will be permanently locked out of your device and you'll have to do a hard reset."

My exchance server enforces a lock policy. I currently use PIN. Does this make me incompatible for CHT?

Thanks

WFG 08-30-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghuido (Post 1929166)
Just checking if people are running CHT and what version? Looks like the latest is 1.8.5.1? Experience been good?

Also I saw that is says there is an issue on the lockscreen on XDA Developers

"About the CHT lockscreen:
Currently, the CHT lock screen does not support any PIN code or password protected unlocking.
Remove any unlock codes before turning on the CHT lockscreen or you will be permanently locked out of your device and you'll have to do a hard reset."

My exchance server enforces a lock policy. I currently use PIN. Does this make me incompatible for CHT?

Thanks

no, you will just fine running cht. the lock screen built into cht is disabled by default so as long as you never enable it in the cht editor you will continue to use the windows lock screen :) i think after you try cookies home tab you will never not use it... every part of cht can be enabled and disabled so you will never really have issues not caused by user error.

jwdaniels23 08-30-2010 09:55 PM

The anticipation of something to come is just killing me. Is there still talk of one last thing for the TP2??

muyoso 08-30-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwdaniels23 (Post 1929492)
The anticipation of something to come is just killing me. Is there still talk of one last thing for the TP2??

Yea, the one last thing is it being posted to Craigslist as soon as Oct 1st comes along and replacing it with a Samsung Epic 4g.

jrgolfpro 08-31-2010 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muyoso (Post 1929508)
Yea, the one last thing is it being posted to Craigslist as soon as Oct 1st comes along and replacing it with a Samsung Epic 4g.

Or waiting one more year and laugh hysterically as you hold your outdated pile of technology while I hold what only the future knows:santaskating:

gpshemi 08-31-2010 08:29 AM

Go ahead and laugh hysterically, cuz I'll still be paying $30 a month for everything (I need) on SERO.:mrgreen:

I'll be laughing back all the way to the bank. :headbang:

bdurst08 08-31-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WFG (Post 1929186)
no, you will just fine running cht. the lock screen built into cht is disabled by default so as long as you never enable it in the cht editor you will continue to use the windows lock screen :) i think after you try cookies home tab you will never not use it... every part of cht can be enabled and disabled so you will never really have issues not caused by user error.

I agree, i can't imagine not using CHT anymore. It helps make the phone what MS could have done with it in the first place.:headbang:

Quote:

Originally Posted by muyoso (Post 1929508)

Actually the epic is out today. Aug 31 or Sept 1st, Definately not Oct....unless thats when ur contract is up. But it went on sale today.

banzaiwolfe 08-31-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdurst08 (Post 1930417)
I agree, i can't imagine not using CHT anymore. It helps make the phone what MS could have done with it in the first place.:headbang:

Actually the epic is out today. Aug 31 or Sept 1st, Definately not Oct....unless thats when ur contract is up. But it went on sale today.

October 1st is when the SERO changes are supposed to happen.

bdurst08 08-31-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe (Post 1930456)
October 1st is when the SERO changes are supposed to happen.

Thats right i remember reading something about that.

japper88 08-31-2010 05:29 PM

Damn, wish my phone was available for upgrade on Oct 1. How are TP2 people eligible for the upgrade already? The phone only came out Sept 2009, not like 22 months will have passed by Oct 1.