PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

em0rox 07-19-2010 06:01 AM

Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

I have a touch pro 2 from verizon what version of mighty rom should I use? I check the site but it has 4 different files and I'm not exactly sure about this, thank you!

Rager02 07-19-2010 06:11 AM

You want the latest one wich is 062010

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Wesley762 07-19-2010 08:24 PM

So Mike you got your new Phone yet?

Procter 07-19-2010 08:33 PM

FInally updated with MR latest ROM on the Sprint TP2, fast, smooth, lot of free memory. And now my igo8 TTS function work again!

A small problem that I did not see on the Sprint stock ROM (6.5) before. I use a game emulator called FinalBurn to play some arcade games, it has a key mapping function that you can map different keys on the phone (hardware keyboard or other buttons) for different function, such as directions, punch, jump etc. It worked fine with Stock ROM, but after I flashed this ROM, the key mapping did not work anymore, all the keys on my hardware keyboard return the same value 0x50E so you can no longer differentiate directions from say, punch or jump, everything would happen simultaneously. I've seen some workaround online, basically you have to start a small app to map keys for this specific emulator and after you finish your gaming you need to shut that app off which seems to be real troublesome. Since I did not have this problem on the same phone with Stock ROM, I assume it's not the hardware problem. Does anyone use Finalburn or other game emulator with Mighty ROM, do you have the key mapping problem?

em0rox 07-20-2010 09:03 AM

Procter, I had this problem while trying to use morphgear on my tp2 to play GBA before, it wasn't on mightyrom but this still might help.... Google for the problem with tp2 and morphgear and you will find reg values you can change to make mapping the keys work correctly or there is a cab called kai's t9 on/off or something that you can use to turn the values back and forth if you don't want to edit the reg or if it bothers you always having it off. Happy gaming

Cobaltikus 07-20-2010 10:48 AM

Every day

░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

OOOOOO Update Available!!!!!

Oh wait....

No there isn't....

DaveTN 07-20-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobaltikus (Post 1874950)
Every day

░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

OOOOOO Update Available!!!!!

Oh wait....

No there isn't....

Yeah, thats kind of sad. Mike has been an excellent chef and has put out some very good and stable ROM's. I know that we all get new phone envy and move on, I just wish Mike would continue to develop custom ROMS for the TP. (and update the title of his thread)

David

Procter 07-20-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by em0rox (Post 1874848)
Procter, I had this problem while trying to use morphgear on my tp2 to play GBA before, it wasn't on mightyrom but this still might help.... Google for the problem with tp2 and morphgear and you will find reg values you can change to make mapping the keys work correctly or there is a cab called kai's t9 on/off or something that you can use to turn the values back and forth if you don't want to edit the reg or if it bothers you always having it off. Happy gaming

I saw a lot of different threads and cabs, all of which were dedicated to Touch Pro. I'm a little hesitant to try those out as I assume the keyboards are different on Touch pro and pro2. And also, they are mainly for European or asian models of touch pro. I believe I saw one thread talking about shutting of M5 IME (not T9), while others soon reported it crashed the system etc.

I was trying to find out more of a permanent solution that I can just change sth for once and it stays there. The reg edit you referred to sounds interesting. Do you still have the link or cab?

Thanks anyway.

Cobaltikus 07-20-2010 11:41 AM

My program - CobaltController - has the reg tweak included called "229 Fix" - I (and many others) use MorphGear on my TP2 with Mighty's latest (with my DS3 to boot) - you have to set MorphGear settings to use "Polling Method" as well

jshaas2 07-20-2010 01:26 PM

I'm not sure you can update if there isn't a reason to. True, there are a few new windows builds out that might speed up this or that, but nothing glaring at this time needs improvement.

I'm still thinking he'll come in for one last hoorah "final build", kind of like he did for the original Touch Pro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 1874960)
Yeah, thats kind of sad. Mike has been an excellent chef and has put out some very good and stable ROM's. I know that we all get new phone envy and move on, I just wish Mike would continue to develop custom ROMS for the TP. (and update the title of his thread)

David