PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
Will this work on 5-24?
considering the dialer on 5-24 and the dialer on 6-20 are different... the new one... will NOT work... get the one that is up now for as far as i know its made for that dialer... the new one will not... EDITspeculation i guess since after i posted this sammich said otherwise...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRider View Post
K I did a task29, then flashed 062010 did a hard reset and applied Blackout 6.20.10. Now I have no data networking connection at all. Didn't see anything on how to setup your networking again. But basically I have no data connection-no opera, email, etc.

Other thing was I tried the burnt orange dialer, but it fails to install and I can't see the letters on the blackout dialer (which I need). Any clues on how to get networking back and get the burnt orange dialer or some other dialer with visable letters on the dialer keypad working? I also noticed I can't lock the phone from after pushing the start button. It just doesn't work. tips tricks?

Thanks ahead of tim--RR

if you have now working data connection then provision the device for your carrier (start -> tools -> provision), the auto provision seems to be broken for quite a few of us (but at no discernible pattern I an recognize, unless task29 is causing some delay of the registry entry being populated by the carrier name, thats one i didnt think of, but is possible -i guess at least... a guess that is, for all others who auto-prov didnt work, did you task29? or just flash from previous rom without?)

Last edited by Kane3162; 07-07-2010 at 09:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytv View Post
Iranian Embassy...LOL!
LMFAO! I had to make some 1 second calls so my personal contacts wouldn't show up in the screenie. I had the embassy's number for a while, I have some family over there lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
Will this work on 5-24?
EDIT: No, I forgot the dialer was changed within the last couple of updates. It most likely will not work.

Last edited by [sammich]; 07-07-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, 700wx, mogul, touch, touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sidwin is keeping up the good worksidwin is keeping up the good work

i tried using the sprint picture mail cab but after you install it, it says not for this version. can someone post up the cab that they are using with 6.5?

Thanks,
Sid
Old 07-07-2010, 09:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwin View Post
i tried using the sprint picture mail cab but after you install it, it says not for this version. can someone post up the cab that they are using with 6.5?

Thanks,
Sid
first page of this thread has all kinds of good info. here's what you need http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...26&postcount=5
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
haha that would be more than awesome... I'd install all kinds of defense men cab's to our team hahaha...

also, that meltwater facebook tab didn't work =(

it sucks that the facebook app is so shitty, looks like I'll stick to m.facebook.com
Try this one. It used to be posted on the first page, but it looks like it's not there anymore. I've been using this for quite a while and it works great.
Attached Files
File Type: cab 04_-_Ziggy471-Facebook-Tab[1].cab (330.6 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-07-2010, 09:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

RadarRider is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [sammich] View Post
The Carbon Red Theme's dialer has been updated. I will be releasing a new tonight.
How do you switch themes? I'd like to try this carbon red out, but have Blackout on. Is it as simple as installing C R or need to hard reset, then run C R theme install? Sorry for newbie question, but haven't messed with MightyRom or theme changes before.

Perma thanks to No2Chem, Colonel, Stroths, and others.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRider View Post
How do you switch themes? I'd like to try this carbon red out, but have Blackout on. Is it as simple as installing C R or need to hard reset, then run C R theme install? Sorry for newbie question, but haven't messed with MightyRom or theme changes before.
There shouldn't be any issues if you install the Carbon Red theme over another theme. It should just overwrite any files that were in the previous theme. Purian and I used the same files to skin from, so our themes should just overwrite eachother.

For anything that was skinned in the black theme that was NOT skinned in mine, the theme will still be there. However, black goes well with my theme anyways, so you shouldn't experience any issues.

To be perfectly honest, though, I would do a hard-reset before installing. The themes modify many system files, so it would probably make you phone faster overall if you install after a hard-reset.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

RadarRider is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
considering the dialer on 5-24 and the dialer on 6-20 are different... the new one... will NOT work... get the one that is up now for as far as i know its made for that dialer... the new one will not... EDITspeculation i guess since after i posted this sammich said otherwise...)

if you have now working data connection then provision the device for your carrier (start -> tools -> provision), the auto provision seems to be broken for quite a few of us (but at no discernible pattern I an recognize, unless task29 is causing some delay of the registry entry being populated by the carrier name, thats one i didnt think of, but is possible -i guess at least... a guess that is, for all others who auto-prov didnt work, did you task29? or just flash from previous rom without?)
I task29 and got a splash screen only, so it worked best I can tell. The provisioning had the phone on Telus, not Sprint... I guess I missed the instructions on that. Works great now, SERO is so cool.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by [sammich] View Post
There shouldn't be any issues if you install the Carbon Red theme over another theme. It should just overwrite any files that were in the previous theme. Purian and I used the same files to skin from, so our themes should just overwrite eachother.

For anything that was skinned in the black theme that was NOT skinned in mine, the theme will still be there. However, black goes well with my theme anyways, so you shouldn't experience any issues.

To be perfectly honest, though, I would do a hard-reset before installing. The themes modify many system files, so it would probably make you phone faster overall if you install after a hard-reset.
Once im done sammich, I was actually going to take the blue theme purian made and install that first, then install the carbon red theme, that way for anything that he did "extra" would be skinned blue (or black... but im digging red/blue... no relation to redvsblue)
Old 07-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmediaguy View Post
You have to create a provisioning XML (PROVXML) file to do this -- the email account settings arent in the registry or a file you can back up, but in a system DB on the device. Here's an example of what a PROVXML looks like to create one POP3 email account (replacing the double brackets and what's between them with your own info):

<wap-provisioningdoc>
<characteristic type="EMAIL2">
<characteristic type="{0d06040e-0e09-020f-0b0f-09080e06010b}">
<parm name="CONNECTIONID" value="{436EF144-B4FB-4863-A041-8F905A62C572}" />
<parm name="SERVICENAME" value="[[EMAIL ACCOUNT NAME]]" />
<parm name="SERVICETYPE" value="POP3" />
<parm name="INSERVER" value="[[INCOMING SERVER]]" />
<parm name="OUTSERVER" value="[[OUTGOING SERVER]]" />
<parm name="NAME" value="[[DISPLAY NAME]]" />
<parm name="AUTHNAME" value="[[EMAIL USERNAME]]" />
<parm name="AUTHSECRET" value="[[PASSWORD]]" />
<parm name="DOMAIN" value="" />
<parm name="REPLYADDR" value="[[REPLY-TO ADDRESS]]" />
<parm name="FORMAT" value="2" />
<parm name="LINGER" value="60" />
<parm name="RETRIEVE" value="2048" />
<parm name="KEEPMAX" value="" />
<parm name="DWNDAY" value="-1" />
<characteristic type="TAGPROPS">
<parm name="8128000B" value="1"/>
<parm name="812C000B" value="1"/>
</characteristic>
<parm name="AUTHREQUIRED" value="1" />
<parm name="SMTPALTENABLED" value="0" />
<parm name="SMTPALTAUTHNAME" value="" />
<parm name="SMTPALTPASSWORD" value="" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>

Obviously that doesn't look like a lot of fun to code, and it's not. There are some cool tools out there, particularly the Makisu module of SASHIMI that will let you fill out some form questions with your info and then programmatically build the PROVXML for you, so you might want to check that out. I will say that once you move to SASHIMI or UC and get your PROVXMLs built, you'll never go back to any other method of restoring settings. Good luck!
------------
so where do I put this xml file once finished. I placed it in the xda-uc folder but it did not work.. Better yet, if someone has a sample of a Verizon.net one..please post it...put XXX's where your personal info might be.. the above didn't work for me.
thanks in advance.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2