PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

wakko69 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wakko69 Send a message via Yahoo to wakko69
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/18.794; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

new kernel.

hmmmm... anyone else experiencing this?

i need more than 1 person to chime in
I experience some thing like this, with g-alarm & appointments, after install of the new MM the next day my alarm didn't go off and all my appointments where off by 1 hour, I just took it as my time zone frelled up again. no matter what rom I use it will always go back the EST and I'm in Central, so I disable the auto update. but other then that I'm loving the new MM rom just wish you update FF,
Old 06-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Telus

Thinspirits is a n00b

Im not sure if this has to do with the new Mightyrom or not - but my mic has been acting like crap. I have to yell in the phone for anyone to hear me. I feel that it could be a hardware issue - although it first started to happen when i installed a ROM at the beginning of May.

I thought that it would fix when i installed the new MR. but no luck.

Im just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor

Another SOD theory... when outlook automatically checks for email, do you guys notice that Manila.exe goes up to 100% when outlook is "sending/receiving." I noticed that "sending/receving" takes FOREVER with gmail (I'm currently using IMAP not activesync due to work using activesync) and it causes my manila.exe cpu usage to stay at 100% which causes the screen to lock.

Can anyone who uses Gmail with IMAP settings check this out?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well after playing around again with the 6-20 rom and asking our IT personnel here at work if they had the lastest DST update. I guess its something in the rom and my time zone.

The thing is 5/24 does not have that issue, and I've not seen this issue for a long time. If Mike remembers I've been haunted by this with the TP way back when..

It might be something with the Verizon roms.

for now i'm sticking to 5/24..

Old 06-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
Well after playing around again with the 6-20 rom and asking our IT personnel here at work if they had the lastest DST update. I guess its something in the rom and my time zone.

The thing is 5/24 does not have that issue, and I've not seen this issue for a long time. If Mike remembers I've been haunted by this with the TP way back when..

It might be something with the Verizon roms.

for now i'm sticking to 5/24..
that suck, it seems like the new VZW Rom is having alot of issue all over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
Other than traffic and it being the root of all evil.

Z
Hey Hey, lets lay off DC...haha JK. maybe with our old prez it was. LOL
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Does anyone have a VZW Visual Voicemail cab from the stock MR2? Version 1.1.12.11 I believe.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

chris311 is a n00b
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris311 View Post
I have a small problem that I hope someone can help me with.

Yesterday I flashed the newest MightyRom onto my TP2. This is my first time using a custom ROM and love it so far. However, I am unable to connect to my Wifi network at home. After putting in the network key the phone tries to connect and then the network shows up as unavailable. The stock Sprint WM 6.5 ROM had no problems connecting to the same network.

I tried some things to troubleshoot but nothing helped. I tried setting my router to WPA, WPA2. WEP, and even turned off wifi protection and made it an open network. The phone still wouldnt connect.

The wifi card in the phone isn't broken either as the Wifi internet sharing works just fine. My laptop can connect and access the internet through my phone.

Does anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chri
I finally figured this out.

I purchased a Linksys USB Wireless N adapter for my desktop computer. On the software CD it came with Linksys Network Magic. It is a network monitoring, tracking, mapping, and configuration tool. I was messing around with it after first installing it and was looking at the network map.

The network map showed a device with a MAC adress that did not match my ipad, laptop, or PS3 so I thought it was someone else on my wireless network. I told Network Magic to block the unknown device from being able to access my network.

What I didn't know is that Network Magic can actually talk to your router and make changes, which is exactly what it did. When I blocked the unknown device, it turned on the MAC filtering software on my router to block the device.

Another thing I didn't know was that this "unknown" device was my cell phone.

I just happened to be in my router's WEB GUI interface looking at the MAC filtering when I noticed that my phone's MAC adress was on the list. I wanted to scream but I live in an apartment and didn't want to annoy my neibhors, so I just bit my lip until it bled.

Once I turned off the MAC filtering my phone connected to my WIFI network without any problems.

PS. The worst part was that the Linksys USB adpater was a piece of shit. I returned it the next day and bought a D-Link Wireless bridge instead.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris311 View Post
I finally figured this out.

I purchased a Linksys USB Wireless N adapter for my desktop computer. On the software CD it came with Linksys Network Magic. It is a network monitoring, tracking, mapping, and configuration tool. I was messing around with it after first installing it and was looking at the network map.

The network map showed a device with a MAC adress that did not match my ipad, laptop, or PS3 so I thought it was someone else on my wireless network. I told Network Magic to block the unknown device from being able to access my network.

What I didn't know is that Network Magic can actually talk to your router and make changes, which is exactly what it did. When I blocked the unknown device, it turned on the MAC filtering software on my router to block the device.

Another thing I didn't know was that this "unknown" device was my cell phone.

I just happened to be in my router's WEB GUI interface looking at the MAC filtering when I noticed that my phone's MAC adress was on the list. I wanted to scream but I live in an apartment and didn't want to annoy my neibhors, so I just bit my lip until it bled.

Once I turned off the MAC filtering my phone connected to my WIFI network without any problems.=D>

PS. The worst part was that the Linksys USB adpater was a piece of shit. I returned it the next day and bought a D-Link Wireless bridge instead.
pure comedy... if your router is Linksys then yes, the software can make adjustments (dont know about other brands.. but if it can... thats playing dirty), as for the adapter, that sucks, I havent had issues with any Linksys products... but then again I NEVER use the provided drivers, always get the latest from the chipset MFG..

On topic, so what are the only bugs so far for MR 6-20-2010, TimeZone and RSS Hub? (livesearch to bing for RSS Hub as mentioned by someone else earlier)

Old 06-25-2010, 02:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jmsnyc is a n00b
Re: Updated ArcSoft CABs

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Since people requested these, and I got the files for the updated Arcsoft included in the latest Sprint ROM (thanks Ziggy and blkhwkz), I got around to putting it into a cab today. The only things carried over from the last Arcsoft cabs are the server settings and filesize limits. If someone would want to have all stock settings, just let me know and I can put it together (won't take more than a few seconds), but since everyone seems to think that the file sizes are set to low, and not everyone is on Sprint, I used the old settings. One other change that I made was I set all notifications so that you have all available options (AvailableOptions=15) so that people can set it to have the blinking light if they wish. I also won't remove my previous cabs from my Google site until these are confirmed working (or a week from now, whichever is first).

EDIT: CABs updated 4/11/2010. Stock Sprint CAB added that has all stock settings from shipped Sprint ROM and nothing changed.

EDIT 2: You can find threaded versions of these (minus Stock Sprint) over here

Is there an advanced settings? I installed imnuts Sprint ArcSoft MMS 5.2.12.62.cab and when I insert picture I cannot find a way to navigate to storage card unless I choose insert attachment.

Thanks.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

gonzofro is a n00b

I upgraded to the latest mightrom update (6/20) from the previous version earlier this week. This morning I disconnected it from my computer and noticed sense was not running, and at the top of the screen was a message saying "touch here to start sense" and it would flash. Touching it did nothing. I reset the phone and all was well. Later realized that all my contacts, emails, and text messages were gone. A few hours later sense was not running and it was displaying that message again. I turned the phone off. Just turned it back on and it will not get past the startup screen displaying "TOUCH pro2" and the radio information.

UPDATE: I was able to get the phone to boot by hooking it to my computer and then turning it on; however, windows mobile starts then an error message appears stating: "internal error
..\..\common\persistence\internal\winmfile.cpp:193 " I attempted to flash the previous version of mighty rom however the software said there is not a connection and the screen went blank on the phone, with the phone being completely unresponsive (buttons or even plugging it into power and the charge status light did not come on)

What can I do to flash a new rom? and is anyone else experiencing these problems?

UPDATE 2: I read somewhere somethign about holding volume up and power button to start the phone. It booted to windows mobile (otherwise it hangs at "Touch Pro 2" startup screen), but still couldnt start htc sense. I then touched the task bar (top of screen) to bring up battery and signal status. While at that screen I plugged it into my computer and was able to then flash a new rom on. She's back up and running now.

Last edited by gonzofro; 06-25-2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Edited to include update
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2