PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

how long should it take sense to load after a soft reset? The first couple times mine was fast but now it takes 5-10 min just for manila to load...
Old 05-14-2010, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

gadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
how long should it take sense to load after a soft reset? The first couple times mine was fast but now it takes 5-10 min just for manila to load...
If it's taking that long to load I would back everything up and reflash installing things one at a time.

There is something not right, that's way to long. I've ran SE and now I'm running OF with the complete Dusk theme installed and it takes no where near that long to load.

gadget1
Old 05-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1 View Post
If it's taking that long to load I would back everything up and reflash installing things one at a time.

There is something not right, that's way to long. I've ran SE and now I'm running OF with the complete Dusk theme installed and it takes no where near that long to load.

gadget1
That's what i thought, thanks. it's been weird because ever since i started flashing 2.5 roms (back beginning with war) it's been like this. the first couple soft resets are quick but after installing everything and getting the phone running for a while, it takes FOREVER...does anyone know what would make sense take that long?

Last edited by kern417; 05-14-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I timed mine, and from being powered off to fully up and running is 2 minutes. if its really taking that long you got bigger problems as hand and something you installed is causing issues. I am running FF and have about 20 things installed, mostly cosmetic but I think 2 minutes for what I do have installed is acceptable.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
That's what i thought, thanks. Does anyone know what would make sense take that long?
List the programs that you have installed and that would be a good starting point.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
It seems like it takes linger the more texts you have stored up.

David
Old 05-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
It seems like it takes linger the more texts you have stored up.

David
actually that's a pretty good thought... I have ~4000 stored up so I'll start deleting some see if it helps
Old 05-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
actually that's a pretty good thought... I have ~4000 stored up so I'll start deleting some see if it helps
OMG lol your lucky you Phone even works with that many text's on it. if you clean that up you should notice a much more responsive phone.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
OMG lol your lucky you Phone even works with that many text's on it. if you clean that up you should notice a much more responsive phone.
ha yeah i guess it's not to smart i just keep sms for about a month so i have texts all the way back to apr 15 ...i figured the actually memory wasn't backed up or close to being full so it was ok. but hopefully this works. all your replies have been thanked appreciate the help
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher61 View Post
Having a weird problem (seems like all my problems are weird..must just be me), anyway I am
using SE and wanted to go back to OF but I am not near a PC but have the ruu_SIGNED file for OF
on my SD carrd. I have renamed the file to rhodimg.nbh and placed it in root of my SD card, started bootloader but it does not see the file. I read in one of the posts that I should reformat my card but I dont understand because I have flashed from it without a problem many times. I could wait and do it when I get home from my pc, but I still want to know whats going on?
If you used the regular File Explorer to rename the file, you shouldn't add the ".NBH" to the filename. The extension is not shown on .NBH files in the reular File Explorer. So in File Explorer, the filename should read "RHODIMG", not "RHODIM.nbh". You can use Total Commnder to verify this if you want.

Hope that helps!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2