PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ageesm is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Thanks ziggy, that is the main place I've been looking, but since all the entries under that aren't, for example Task Manager.lnk, they are instead cplmain.cpl,## none of which seem to control that icon leading me to believe there is no registry entry for it. I was hoping someone would know the cpl# and I could create a new key value.

thanks for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
+1 on PSShutXP

It's under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\ Settings\Connections

Don't know which one off the top of my head though.

All over-ridden icons live under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start.

Dude, you're on a roll, great job.

Z
Old 04-16-2010, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
Bump with An update to the Disable Slide To Wake. Removed the original statement about this program helping with the known issue of Leather Cases with the magnetic closure flap turning on the phone. I was informed that is not the case.
(Sorry to reply so late on this one -- been on business travel all week and just now working my way through the pages of posts.)

I'm not sure I agree with this. Unless HTC have surreptitiously changed the hardware design of the slide wakeup function, it does indeed work on magnets (more precisely, a magnet in one half and a magnetic reed switch in the other). (The G-sensor is not involved, just to quell that rumor.) The DisableSlideWakeup cab alters the registry setting that causes the phone to come out of standby when the magnetic reed switch is triggered. The net effect is that errant magnets passing over the bottom fourth of the phone (from cases or otherwise) can no longer wake the phone.

Yet now a new wrinkle -- jstn76rs has a phone that WILL apparently still wake up from a passing magnet even though the slide-wake function *is* correctly disabled by the cab. If this is really true (and I have no reason to doubt it since he said it) then his phone is definitely unique compared to all the other TP2's I have seen. Anyone else observe this? If you have installed DisableSlideWakeup, could you try running a magnet or two around the bottom fourth of the phone (around the zoom bar is usually the sweet spot) and report back?

And to jstn76rs -- just curious, I see you have a Sprint phone. Can you tell me how long you've had it? Is it relatively new?

Wow, things are boring without regular ROM updates -- I've resorted to caring about magnets.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Hi all,
does any one have any idea on how to disable the Keyboard Vibration on Mighty`s 032310 Release please?
Thanks
slide over to the settings tab > click personalize > vibration > uncheck.....if I remember correctly.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My phone is less than a month old. I have tried multiple slide to disable cabs and it doesnt seem to disable my phone from waking up due to the magnetss. If i slide my keyboard open nothing happens but if i run a magnet over the bottom portion of my phone it wakes up in landscape then goes back to portrait. if you have one that works for you i wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Last edited by jstn76rs; 04-16-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Which ones have you tried?? So we can narrow down our suggestions.

EDIT: If it's not unlocking when you slide open the keyboard, but does with the magnet, i'm not sure which you could use. It was my understanding that if you disabled the unlock when opening the keyboard, it was supposed to fix the magnet issue. Perhaps someone else will chime in with their experience.

Last edited by willyjay; 04-16-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:35 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageesm View Post
Thanks ziggy, that is the main place I've been looking, but since all the entries under that aren't, for example Task Manager.lnk, they are instead cplmain.cpl,## none of which seem to control that icon leading me to believe there is no registry entry for it. I was hoping someone would know the cpl# and I could create a new key value.

thanks for your input.
It should be the folder labeled cplmain.cpl,7...

Last edited by tjELITE; 04-16-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

Taishar is keeping up the good workTaishar is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
As Mike said, it's not compressed, but I did post the CFCd version a while ago, here's the links again:

Click Here to Download Manila patched with CFC

Click Here to Download all the Manila files CFCd

I also added these to Post #6 for others to find faster.

Z
Do I need to install both of these, or one or the other...
Old 04-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
Which ones have you tried?? So we can narrow down our suggestions.

EDIT: If it's not unlocking when you slide open the keyboard, but does with the magnet, i'm not sure which you could use. It was my understanding that if you disabled the unlock when opening the keyboard, it was supposed to fix the magnet issue. Perhaps someone else will chime in with their experience.
I found one off of this thread that was a plane slide to wake up cab that worked except for the magnets then i found a lockdevice 1.6 cab with the slide to wake up combined and it does the same thing for me. I finally just got a case with the magnet not on the flap. I'm not totally sure what else to try. i thought all were like this but i guess not.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

rara12 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/764; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Is the Straight Talk feature disabled on this rom?
Old 04-17-2010, 12:06 AM
Sexy Mama!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Tink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
I feel like i'm watching undercover cyber-ing between Yvette & OR78 LOL!
Whew!! I thought I was in trouble for a sec!! lolol ........ Nice to see you, Mike!

Hypnotic2010 Custom PPCGEEKS and XDA Developers search tool
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2